Intel Does Drones Again, and it's Pretty

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
250 Intel drones give you some of those "Ooooo," and "Ahhhhh" moments. Makes me think that we only need 8.3 million more of those and we could do 4K resolution in the sky.

Check out the video.

What a way to kick off CES 2018 in Las Vegas, the world's biggest tech show. Tech giant Intel were behind the 250 drones that lit up the fountains of the Bellagio.

Bellagio water show is pretty neat from the 65th floor of Cosmo on the terrace. It's not silly expensive either for one of those rooms. Would have been cool to see this demo From one of those... that video was awful marketing garbage btw!

Just like a magician - keep your eye on the pretty lady, don't look at what I'm actually doing... :D

Do they have Intel Processors on them? Wonder how slow they will get when they are patched. The SLOW moving light show.

But it is cool.

Magical moments by Intel? Stable, secure cpus: now you see them, now you don't.

Reactions: Nunu
like this
I thought 'Intel does drones' was referring to Spectre and Meltdown making Intel platform into drones :D

Cool stuff. Been seeing more of these kinds of things in the last year. I saw something a few weeks ago but I don't remember which country. Here's one from China last February.

You know, I really hate clicking on a video, like the one in the op, expecting to see a video of a drone show, only to get a woman talking with only a few short clips of the drone show sprinkled in. She didn't even say anything that interesting. She just mentioned what we already know. If I were going to present something like this via youtube, I'd just show the freakin video of the drone show, then I'd put the explanation/interview after that.

I had to keep clicking around for drone footage. Am I the only person who finds this a pet peeve of youtube reports? I guess I should be happy there wasn' a 30 second intro that i had to sit through first, as if I were watching a tv show.

oh god.....what a waste of resources......all that plastic.....what do they d with them after? just toss them, or re-purpose them I hope...

They need to up the speed on them, and use them as reusable firework substitutes :)

How'd you like to be the guy that has to plug in all 250 of them to charge back up every night?

oh god.....what a waste of resources......all that plastic.....what do they d with them after? just toss them, or re-purpose them I hope...

You are worried about this...in Las Vegas? That is liking worrying about a drop a water spilled when the hoover damn would be cracked wide open.

Also in for making these a 'fireworks' sideshow.

You are worried about this...in Las Vegas? That is liking worrying about a drop a water spilled when the hoover damn would be cracked wide open.

No kidding. Does anyone think they were disposable drones? Like you can't find more plastic trash walking the streets?

Back