Intel DG33TL micro ATX

spacecadet

Limp Gawd
So how come no one has talked about this board? Does anyone have it? How are the overclocking options? And how does it compare to the Gigabyte and Asus G33 boards?

I think the assumption, that, this being an Intel brand board, it won't have any OC options. They usually disable the OC options on their board, as far as I've experienced anyway.

I think the assumption, that, this being an Intel brand board, it won't have any OC options. They usually disable the OC options on their board, as far as I've experienced anyway.
yea. Except for the bad axe

I'm gonna be taking a look at this board soon though. I'm gonna be moving my E6600 into my HTPC once my Q6600 gets here. I've had great experiences with Intel mobo's in the past. You can't beat their reliability. Their downfall is though, no overclocking.

I may try the ASUS, but I'm not even sure I'll be overclocking, since it's in an HTPC, but I might like to have that option down the road.

/decisions

Reliability? Pfff... The majority of boards are reliable. It's how fast it performs that matters and a stock board with no OC options is a slower contender.

The fact is if you have a reasonable amount of money and the knowledge of how to build your own system and overclock it, you will always have a better system than someone with oodles of money who buys the most expensive system, barring extreme or unique exceptions.

Knowledge > Power.

Well you probably won't be able to overclock it because it's an Intel board which they disable overclocking. The Asus and Gigabyte are much better because you can overclock on those.

Its probably perfectly fine for those just wanting something where OCing isnt needed or involved. Intel does make some good mobos. If you want to overclock a matx mobo you'll need to get the Gigabyte or ASUS.

Back