• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Intel Core i7 940 review

xBanzai89

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
4,812
Here is the link to the first page http://diy.pconline.com.cn/cpu/reviews/0809/1426985.html. This is in Chinese I think, so it is a little confusing, but you can figure out the benchmarks and the gaming results.

I'm only interested in the gaming results personally. I'm not impressed. The C2Q can even beat it, not every time, but it shows you Nehalem is not a gaming CPU. Look at 3DMark, that barely got a jump from this CPU at all. You know how much CPU dependent it is. There is gains on the software side and such, but I don't care for that. I'm just happy I didn't wait for a new computer build based on this CPU, my E8400 will last me a good amount of time :). AMD may not be that far behind with Deneb with gaming concerned, plus one for them.
 
I've browsed this forum for months before I registered a few days ago. and I am still amazed at how many people care about how this chip affects gaming when even 2 year old cpu technology is not even a bottleneck. the Core i7 will make a bigger difference with database apps than gaming.
 
I've browsed this forum for months before I registered a few days ago. and I am still amazed at how many people care about how this chip affects gaming when even 2 year old cpu technology is not even a bottleneck. the Core i7 will make a bigger difference with database apps than gaming.

This is the [H] most people here care a great deal about gaming.
 
WELL THE GOOD NEWS IS IT RUNS AT 4GHZ+ SO THOSE SPEEDS ARENT AS HIGH AS
 
I'll take an overall performance increase for a comparable gaming experience (if you tell me that 3-4 FPS is the difference in a good to great experience, I'd have to question it honestly).

At those frame rates, it won't be an issue is my guess, and scaling potential should be much higher.
 
Back
Top