Intel Core i5-750 Overclocking Preview @ [H]

You get by with lots less voltage than me. That's for sure..
BoooYa
attachment.php

Does anybody know if setting "Xtreme Phase Full Power Mode" from "Auto" to "Enabled" on ASUS P7P55D PRO motherboard is safe for everyday use for both MB and CPU? Setting it to "Auto" resuls in stability loss of i5 750 @ 3,800MHz 1.23v, meanwhile with power mode enabled system runs very stable under stress. Thank you!

Ive got my i5 750 at 3.6ghz right now stable on stock voltage with a stock cooler on the cheap Asus P7H55-M Pro using some cheap Corsair DDR3 from Microcenter. If I take the memory out of the equation the processor will keep going... but Im not down for spending another chunk of change on better memory. Im picking up a better cooler tomorrow. Woot woot...

Last edited:
I replaced my aging QX6700 @3.2 Ghz on an EVGA 780i with a Core i5 750 and MSI P55-GD65 and geez it was way too easy to get 4.2 GHz out of the i5 750! .. i struggled for many days to get the QX6700 to 3.2 and even then it idled at like 50C during the summer..

On the i5, all I did was enable XMT, bumped the multiplier to 21 and the motherboard seemed to do the rest.. everything else was set to "Auto".. My CPU voltage ended up at 1.41V probably can go lower with some manual tuning but the temps are real good right now (idling at 28c-30c..full load at like 58C) with some hefty Scythe fans and a Corsair H5O in push pull.. just passed a 24hr prime run so I'm tempted to just leave everything where it is but i think the CPU has more juice left in it..

cpuid.jpg

The system is so fast... I notice it for sure.. I went to SSD as well for a boot drive (might as well)...and to think i paid $1K for just the QX6700 processor 3-4 years ago.. but i only paid like $490 for the i5, mobo and memory.. sheesh.. best upgrade evah!

--mike

Last edited:
Back