intel core 2 duo ucode error?

i have a asus p5w-dh motherboard. just bought it. i'm gettin a intel ucode error at boot. how do i solve the problem?

no idea, but from what i have read a bios update should fix it, but that could be tricky to do :p
but i believe that motherboard has a flasher utility as part of the cmos/bios/whatever so you should be able to do it there from like a floppy or usb drive.

ShinaKitsune is correct. if you can get into the bios, use the built in utilty to flash to the newest bios for your board. See your manual.

EZ-Flash2
EZ Flash 2 is a user-friendly BIOS update utility. Simply press the predefined hotkey to launch the utility and update the BIOS without entering the OS. Update your BIOS easily without preparing a bootable diskette or using an OS-based flash utility.

Also try downloading and installing the intel inf update

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=N&DwnldId=12150&lang=eng

u code is the Microcode in the BIOS used to identify the CPU and tells the board how to run it.

Has nothing to do with the INF or the CPU. The BIOS and UCode on the motherboard were out before your CPU or the CPU isnt compatible. Update your BIOS to the latest available and it should get rid of it so long as the board is compatible with the CPU.

Back