"Intel Confidential" chip, what is it?

KingThot

Gawd
I found this chp on craiglist, anyone have any clue what it is? I would guess its an engineering sample based on the "ES" on it. Is there any way short of buying it to find out its core, freq. etc?
Picture104.jpg

did you google any of the numbers? s478? You can probably put it in a 865/875 board and see what it comes up with in CPU-Z.

Code:
Desktop	Celeron®	Wmt-128		RK	80531RC037128	1.9GHz	400	128K	uFCPGA	E-0	QDF	QJT3	845521	Qual

That's what it is... yea, kinda crappy IMHO.

osalcido said:

when will people learn to read?

LOL...I figured since he had a nice picture, he already had the chip...why read when there's a nice picture to look at...1 picture is worth 1000 words ;).

Poncho said:
Code:
Desktop	Celeron®	Wmt-128		RK	80531RC037128	1.9GHz	400	128K	uFCPGA	E-0	QDF	QJT3	845521	Qual

But it is the Confidential Edition tho. Hahahahahaha!!!!

Poncho said:
Code:

Def. crappy in IMO too. Not worth the $50 they're asking for. :rolleyes: How did you get that info Poncho?

$50! No way!

Too bad the ES versions aren't normally super secret versions of chips, then it would be cool.

It's Craigslist. Offer him $25, that will probably be more than his other offers. :p

Is it just me, or is there a hole in the corner of the chip? It could very well have been rendered unusable. $25 for a keychain would suck, IMHO.

-Ghent

Ghent915 said:
Is it just me, or is there a hole in the corner of the chip? It could very well have been rendered unusable. $25 for a keychain would suck, IMHO.

-Ghent

Your joking right? That is normal on the p4's. Anyway yea I'd shoot an offer for 25.

KingThot said:
Def. crappy in IMO too. Not worth the $50 they're asking for. :rolleyes: How did you get that info Poncho?
If you go to Intel's website under support you can identify your processor using product codes. Don't use the Box Code but the actual Product Code because that is what the Confidential ones show.

Oooh man, have I had to identify a ton of Engineering samples.

OR...

http://processorfinder.intel.com/list.aspx?ProcFam=49

I'd love a proc keychain with 'Intel Confidential" on it lol. $25 isnt a bad price at all.

Ghent915 said:

-Ghent

That hole is there to let gas vent out during the process of Intel attaching the heatspreader to the substrate. Every 478 chip has that. Even the Tualitan P3's had that and the socket 603 Xeons.

Cynicist said:
I'd love a proc keychain with 'Intel Confidential" on it lol. $25 isnt a bad price at all.

OK... Now I have to make my "Quad Core Keychain." :D Look for pics later today. LOL

Back