Intel C2D E8400 + Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L = $120AR @ Fry's B&M

Fuck you, Fry's, for not having a B&M store within hundreds of miles of me.

And a double fuck you, for never having deals online that come anywhere close to what you have in stores.

wow. awesome price even on just the 8400.

Nice price on the Antec 900 too.

Fuck you, Fry's, for not having a B&M store within hundreds of miles of me.

And a double fuck you, for never having deals online that come anywhere close to what you have in stores.

+1,000,000,000

im geting one :).
Member if anyone wants this combo pm me. I will buy it for you for price+$7+shipping. :)

Edit: this includes you TheGamerZ & panfist lol

Good deal, might pick one up if I didn't already have a E8400 laying around.

I have a Fry 30 minutes away. I live in Oregon, if anyone would like me to purchase it and ship it for them I can do it.

Just like Jvz555 ill do it for Price+ some cash for me + shipping.

I guess its time to wake up early on Fridays again

the Fry's cpu combos well has been dry for so long that I haven't even been checking.

I was in a Microcenter today & they have a similar deal. If you're near an MC, check it out.

Damn well looks like the next time I take a ride to the Sacramento area or Las Vegas area I will have to drop by and see what I can get my hands on. Wish they had a deal on a 550BE... just not and intel fan.

Meh. Only warm compared to the X3 710 for $50 they had earlier. That proc pretty much hands this one it's ass, especially considering core unlocking. Either way, its the cheapest E8400 I've seen. Good find.

Meh. Only warm compared to the X3 710 for $50 they had earlier. That proc pretty much hands this one it's ass, especially considering core unlocking. Either way, its the cheapest E8400 I've seen. Good find.

way to crap on a deal with your fanboyism.

That is such a good deal. I think I could buy that and throw in a used heat sink and video card and sell it on Ebay and make some money.

should post which one. I was in the Tustin MC and didn't see any similar deals (didn't ask though)

I was in the Westbury, Long Island store. They had had them stacked in plain vanilla boxes on the floor, near the cases. There was an E7400 combo deal & an E8400 deal. Now that I think about it, MC was offering MSI mobos with the procs. Not as hot as Frys but you still wind up with a free mobo.

Good spot in the deal... Though i just realized the chip they gave me was a returned/opened oem chip... Is that all they are giving out--- or should i take it back and see if i can swap it out for a new chip.. I was hopping to get a E0 stepping but its a C0..

way to crap on a deal with your fanboyism.

How is saying "Good find" crapping on the deal? How in the hell is saying that the $50 unlocked Phenom II X3 is better bang-for-the-buck "fanboyism"?? It's TRUE. Look at the numbers. Equal or better performance for less than half the price. (And now you can get even get the X4 for about the same price as an E8400 -- if you think pointing out that a quad-core Phenom II beats the crap out of an E8400 means I favor AMD somehow, then you're the fanboy. I run both intel and AMD, for the record.

I have this board in my hackintosh. 100% compatibility and rock solid.
Hm... I just got into Hackintoshing, with my mini10v. Seriously considering a desktop hack'box....

Always Gigabyte, huh...?

Holy crap, I really miss Fry's, worst customer service ever, but always great deals, Geek paradise. Nothing within 10hrs driving from the Ozarks. Oh well, my fault for moving here.

How is saying "Good find" crapping on the deal? How in the hell is saying that the $50 unlocked Phenom II X3 is better bang-for-the-buck "fanboyism"?? It's TRUE. Look at the numbers. Equal or better performance for less than half the price. (And now you can get even get the X4 for about the same price as an E8400 -- if you think pointing out that a quad-core Phenom II beats the crap out of an E8400 means I favor AMD somehow, then you're the fanboy. I run both intel and AMD, for the record.

But since the OP created this thread to advertise a "good deal" on an obviously INTEL combo, why should the old "INTEL vs AMD" question even be brought into the value of the offering? Anyone who is interested in this has chosen INTEL, otherwise they would be looking for an AMD combo deal. Just my $.02.

If you have an AMD deal, post it, an INTEL deal, post it but lets keep the "what's the better CPU company" crap the hell out of these threads! :)

If you have an AMD deal, post it, an INTEL deal, post it but lets keep the "what's the better CPU company" crap the hell out of these threads! :)

Bingo. We have enough of that in Intel and AMD forums, this a deal thread, not a 'what's better thread'. Don't like it - move on

Wilsonville OR was OOS yesterday, otherwise would have picked this up along w/ the i7 920 / MSI X58M deal!

how feasible is it to overclock this setup to 4.0ghz with a good air cooler?

how feasible is it to overclock this setup to 4.0ghz with a good air cooler?

The problem is not the cooler but the motherboard. P43 won't go above ~400mhz FSB and to overclock e8400 to 4ghz you need 445mhz FSB. It's a budget mobo, it's not supposed to overclock much

Just to add on to the last post, the reason you need 445mhz is because the e8400 has its multiplier locked at 9x.

Thanks guys :), it looks like I'll have to pass since I'm wanting 4.0ghz from an e8400. Is there another cheap tried-and-true motherboard you'd recommend to crank an e8400 to 4.0ghz?

Back