Intel ARC A750 & A770 Reviews

Thanks!

Red Dead Redemption 2 and STALKER GAMMA are two titles I would want to play at 4k
One review I read said the ARC cards don't run Vulkan games well
I don't have Stalker, but I'll run RDR2 and let you know how it performs.
Arc chews through Vulkan...
True, but for some reason I cannot get BeamNG to run with Vulcan, the card smashes the game with Ultra presets in defaullt mode.

Last edited:
Thanks guys
It's a shame pc gaming has gotten so damn expensive. $1,200+ for a GPU just to be able to game at 4k is obscene

If you want to run the majority of your games in 4K using an A770 then like other mid range cards the answer is upgrade. It does well at 1080P and 1440P but struggles like others at 4k. Kudos to Intel continuing to improve the software side.
Upgrade how, that is Intels fastest card isn't it?
I really don't want to be looking at a m d or invidia because of how expensive they are

Upgrade how, that is Intels fastest card isn't it?
I really don't want to be looking at a m d or invidia because of how expensive they are

I never said or meant Intel only. If you are insisting on Intel only wait for Battlemage. Even then I don't think they are going after high end gaming.

Last edited:
Thanks for that info I did not know about Battle Mage. I think I will wait for q 1 2024 since that's when they plan to be released.

One review I read said the ARC cards don't run Vulkan games well
I only have one game I know I can test with Vulkan and the Arc A770 does great compared to others in the same price range.

DX 12 Ultra preset
1697333717466.png

Vulcan Ultra preset
1697333969643.png

I been working with Far Cry 6 and 5, on 4887 drivers paired with cheap TV.

Last edited:
For 250 its a decent card and unfortunately all VC are disposable or obsolete after 5 yrs.
Well, my Nvidia Geforce 1080TI is 6 yrs old and I'm still using it on a Windows PC -- Linux is my primary where I use an AMD Radeon 6900XT. It's not clear to me that the Arc A770 is better than the 1080TI.

Well, my Nvidia Geforce 1080TI is 6 yrs old and I'm still using it on a Windows PC -- Linux is my primary where I use an AMD Radeon 6900XT. It's not clear to me that the Arc A770 is better than the 1080TI.

Better is an overused and often mis-used word. Each card has their own nuanced pros and cons.

Is it true that Batman Arkham Asylum does not work on Intel Arc cards?

Is it true that Batman Arkham Asylum does not work on Intel Arc cards?
it wasnt as of a year ago, but im also seeing that the fix seemed to be to run all the redist files and the dx setup file in the game's folder.

I decided to put the A770 back into my PC last night and the latest drivers hard locked up my machine during install. I can't remember the last time any of my PC's hard locked on me.
But rebooting and reinstalling the drivers again worked without issue.
Played some Overwatch to test it out and it ran good at 3440x1440 at medium settings. Ultra settings would cause the game to stutter hard every couple of seconds or when I moved the mouse quickly.
IMG_6332.JPG IMG_6331.JPG

Reactions: Folly
like this
I decided to put the A770 back into my PC last night and the latest drivers hard locked up my machine during install. I can't remember the last time any of my PC's hard locked on me.
But rebooting and reinstalling the drivers again worked without issue.
Played some Overwatch to test it out and it ran good at 3440x1440 at medium settings. Ultra settings would cause the game to stutter hard every couple of seconds or when I moved the mouse quickly.
View attachment 624332 View attachment 624333
That happened to me too. I think it had something to do with updating the HDMI firmware that caused the lock up. DDU and starting over did the trick.

my RX6400 is said to have a weak HDMI signal by some so i swapped for an ARC A380 low profile or whatever it is, a tad pricey but, it plays youtube fine in PopOs, i have not realyl played with my A750 yet.

EDIT: i dont use windows much any more, i game on PopOs and steam deck.

Reactions: Nobu
like this
Yeah, this time around AMD played the "Nvidia is my only competitor" card, and perhaps, they're going to have to re-think their pricing strategy and who they are really competing with.

And, for us Linux users, that have newer hardware (emphasis!! important!!), as the Intel driver support matures (because it's still pretty crappy), we'll have to decide which open source advocate we will prefer down the road. But for now, it's still AMD (not that AMD actually cares).

Reactions: Halon
like this
It’ll be interesting to see how the Xe driver on Linux starts to impact things starting with kernel 6.8. That’s the ostensibly architecture-agnostic driver that will work on ARM64, Power, and other platforms, and Intel’s signaled they’re keen to ensure OneAPI portability too. As someone running a Power9 I would absolutely love to have a reliable GPGPU compute solution that doesn’t necessitate me rolling the dice with RustiCL or hoping that AMD ever around to a solution that doesn’t require blood sacrifice, luck, and actual working documentation to become available to make it happen. There’s a lot riding on Battlemage and I hope Intel delivers.

Yeah, this time around AMD played the "Nvidia is my only competitor" card, and perhaps, they're going to have to re-think their pricing strategy and who they are really competing with.

And, for us Linux users, that have newer hardware (emphasis!! important!!), as the Intel driver support matures (because it's still pretty crappy), we'll have to decide which open source advocate we will prefer down the road. But for now, it's still AMD (not that AMD actually cares).
someone on reddit linked me to an intel page for ARC drivers on linux, i guess there is a more up to date drivers for linux vs whatever might be in the main line or kernel or whatever. i remember it taking me to an intel page with directions for linux

EDIT: i've never had or read about issues with Intel NICs either. my Ideal system these days is an AMD CPU with Intel NIC and possibly an ARC GPU too

someone on reddit linked me to an intel page for ARC drivers on linux, i guess there is a more up to date drivers for linux vs whatever might be in the main line or kernel or whatever. i remember it taking me to an intel page with directions for linux

EDIT: i've never had or read about issues with Intel NICs either. my Ideal system these days is an AMD CPU with Intel NIC and possibly an ARC GPU too
You're just not going to see the Gamer Nexus results out of Intel vs AMD on Linux today. They need some work.

Arc A770.
I'm into 8-9 months now running dual screens - ultrawide 1440 @100hz plus 1080 @60hz.

Used daily, gaming, web browsing, light video editing and general usage.

For about the past 6 months i've had zero issues, nada, everything is great. Admittedly I don't play Starfield and I know there are issues with that game, but all the titles I do play perform flawlessly, including a few niche titles that never recieved special attention re drivers.

Best £200 I ever spent on a GPU.

I’ve been eyeballing the 770 for my spare pc that has no gpu presently.
Any thoughts on the Sparkle 770 16g vs the AsRock Phantom Gaming?

Also it looks like the price went back up on both this week ….👎

I just picked up the Sparkle A770 Titan for $289 on Amazon and I really like it. It's in my HTPC displayed by a 55 inch LG tv @ 1080P and it performs quite well now that the drivers have baked for a year or so. Intel pushes updates constantly too. The Arc forum is constantly monitored and actively supported by the driver developer team. In the two and a half weeks I've owned the card there have been 3 official driver updates rolled out and they are very actively dealing with crash/performance issues from all users with an average fix time of under 3 weeks. The cooler design of the sparkle easily manages thermals much better than the Intel limited edition card I had initially. Gpu memory temps on that card were awful so it was returned quickly. Overall the sparkle titan is a way better card and it's staying where it's at until Intels next gen cards are released. Overall I couldn't be happier with the card as it's transcoding performance will be handy when I finally up grade my tv 's resolution.

I just picked up the Sparkle A770 Titan for $289 on Amazon and I really like it. It's in my HTPC displayed by a 55 inch LG tv @ 1080P and it performs quite well now that the drivers have baked for a year or so. Intel pushes updates constantly too. The Arc forum is constantly monitored and actively supported by the driver developer team. In the two and a half weeks I've owned the card there have been 3 official driver updates rolled out and they are very actively dealing with crash/performance issues from all users with an average fix time of under 3 weeks. The cooler design of the sparkle easily manages thermals much better than the Intel limited edition card I had initially. Gpu memory temps on that card were awful so it was returned quickly. Overall the sparkle titan is a way better card and it's staying where it's at until Intels next gen cards are released. Overall I couldn't be happier with the card as it's transcoding performance will be handy when I finally up grade my tv 's resolution.
can they play old games yet or still limited to dx11/12?

can they play old games yet or still limited to dx11/12?
OpenGL usually works rather well, and some older titles have gotten attention from Intel's driver maintainers, but by and large you're still better off targeting newer games unless you're keen on trying your hand with different wrappers. YMMV.

Haven't tried DX9 titles yet but according to this video DX11 performance has been improved by 20% very recently and some edge cases 70%. They also released an agnostic(open source) gpu utility beta called PresentMon that I'm keen to try as well. Just haven't had time to fiddle with it yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Halon
like this
Back