Intel 320 160GB SSD + Battlefield 3 combo for $154.99 AR FS

...which would be me. I was referring to the rebate, not the drive itself, in case that's what you meant.
Anyway, I emailed the address on the rebate website and attached my scanned image. I'm also working with USPS to try and track it down, but I'm thinking it might be a good idea to mail a copy to them, since it has to be post marked by the 31st.

Wow I didn't think they ever lost certified mail.. that sucks.

Wow I didn't think they ever lost certified mail.. that sucks.

Yea, I've done countless rebates, always with certified mail (since I can verify reception and get delivery confirmation). Never once have I had them lose any. OF COURSE, it happens on a $150 rebate, DURING CHRISTMAS. :eek:
Calling them has been a chore.

Sent mine in roughly on December 5th via regular mail (stupid, I know), but got an email on the 16th saying it was received and an email yesterday saying it was approved. Now it apparently is going to take 8-10 weeks for them to send the gift card...

Got my "approved" email today. I selected the "No-wait" service when I submitted the rebate (cost $9), so my card will be shipped in 5-7 business days :D

Submited and mailed (regular mail) on Dec 10th. Has not been approved yet.

I wanted to let mine run for a week+ before I cut up the box. But still sent it weeks before the deadline. Not worried yet. Hopfully it dosent get lost in the holiday mail rush. But if I loose this rebate i'll become a huge AMD fanboi ;)

I did the exact same thing, I bought the 80GB because it said there was a $70 rebate, but now that I sent the rebate in it got denied because it is the wrong rebate. There are absolutely rebates for the Brown Box drives even though Amazon was advertising it. I made a thread about it in the discussion section.

Grrrrr...

yea I'm glad I returned the drive and have been issued my refund. Rebates do work, but you also have to be careful about details... The drive is on sale on amazon again now, but it's a bit pricier than last time and the rebate is only for $90 rather than $100.

It's tempting but I'm too broke to but it now...

Sent in prints of my scanned materials, and was approved the next day. USPS has still not got back to me (2 weeks later) about where my lost original envelope went. No wonder they are low on cash...

Submited and mailed (regular mail) on Dec 10th. Has not been approved yet.

I wanted to let mine run for a week+ before I cut up the box. But still sent it weeks before the deadline. Not worried yet. Hopfully it dosent get lost in the holiday mail rush. But if I loose this rebate i'll become a huge AMD fanboi ;)

I just got my "Claim Received" email. It is now in processing. :) (whew!!)

I got one of these from newegg, and was very surprised by the "finish", if you even call it, of the SSD. While the top looks as one would expect, the bottom side looks like its been through hell.

dscf0043vu.jpg

dscf0040h.jpg

The drive functions just fine, but I can't ever remember any piece of consumer electronics I've owned with this rough of finish coming straight out of retail packaging. Is this normal for Intel SSD's?

I got one of these from newegg, and was very surprised by the "finish", if you even call it, of the SSD. While the top looks as one would expect, the bottom side looks like its been through hell.

dscf0043vu.jpg

dscf0040h.jpg

The drive functions just fine, but I can't ever remember any piece of consumer electronics I've owned with this rough of finish coming straight out of retail packaging. Is this normal for Intel SSD's?

Wow that almost looks like a real bad refurb?

I wouldn't say its normal but these things can have the crap beat out of them and work fine, the first one I received from Newegg 2 years ago was shipped in nothing more than a mailing envelope and no box and it has been fine.

FYI: The $90 rebate on Amazon expired on 12/21/2011. You have up until 1/31/2012 to send in the forms but purchases /orders had to be dated 12/21/2011. So don't order from Amazon now and expect to be able to get the rebate.

dscf0043vu.jpg

dscf0040h.jpg

That looks horrible. I would contact Intel directly. They were super quick and helpful when I RMAed my Intel i5-760.

Last edited:
Believe it or not, that's straight out of sealed Intel retail packaging!

WOW, my 2 SSD drives that I purchased through this deal didn't look like that at all. I'm sure it would still function fine being that its solid state. The problem is when you might go to resell it and people will be very skeptical with a condition like that.

can someone please move this to the discussions forum? This is not a hot deal.

[H]ocusPocus;1038175912 said:
Got my "approved" email today. I selected the "No-wait" service when I submitted the rebate (cost $9), so my card will be shipped in 5-7 business days :D

Yeah I wouldn't expect it to come for another 2 months. I got an intel ssd last black friday with a 35 or 45 dollar mail in rebate. I did the no wait rebate and they approved it quickly but didn't mail card for like 2 months. I tried calling the rebate center but every time I asked why it hasn't shipped if I selected the no wait rebate and they would instantly hang up on me.

Well my Rebate for $130 was approved now i am just waiting on them to send me my Debit Card. :)

My retail intel 320 ssd also had a rough finish similar to that (posted above), maybe not that bad but it was something I definitely noticed after opening.

Hmmm my rebate has been filled out but I haven't gone to the post office yet :X

Must be postmarked by 12/31/11 so I gottttta go tomorrow aw ya.

Both of my intel SSD's (160 and 120) looked like the above pictures.

It's nothing to worry about it.

We are pleased to inform you that your rebate, with the Basic service level you selected has been processed and approved on 12/12/2011.

Your Amex® Reward Card will be mailed within 8-10 weeks 2 weeks down and counting

Both my rebates have been received and are in processing according to emails I received this morning. The rebates were filed and mailed 2nd week of December.

I am happy to report I received the prepaid card in the mail today.

Yeah I wouldn't expect it to come for another 2 months. I got an intel ssd last black friday with a 35 or 45 dollar mail in rebate. I did the no wait rebate and they approved it quickly but didn't mail card for like 2 months. I tried calling the rebate center but every time I asked why it hasn't shipped if I selected the no wait rebate and they would instantly hang up on me.

That sux. I'm glad paying the extra $9 worked out for me.

When sending in the rebate application for one of these, the label has six or seven different bar codes. In addition the the UPC barcode, there's ones for the serial #, batch # etc.

Is it best just to send in that whole label on the box, or just cut out the small UPC barcode and send that in?

Well my 160GB SSD just died it now has a capacity of 8MB. Called Intel and all is good I will be RMA'ing this one. And I even updated the firmware oh well you win some you lose some. :)

When sending in the rebate application for one of these, the label has six or seven different bar codes. In addition the the UPC barcode, there's ones for the serial #, batch # etc.

Is it best just to send in that whole label on the box, or just cut out the small UPC barcode and send that in?

I cut that whole damn thing and sent it. Not going to be bothered with sending one UPC lol.

Well my 160GB SSD just died it now has a capacity of 8MB. Called Intel and all is good I will be RMA'ing this one. And I even updated the firmware oh well you win some you lose some. :)

All people who bought this drive should download the Intel SSD Toolbox software and check their firmware revision.

Just checked and mine was 4PC10362 which means it should be the newest fixed one and therefore will not suffer the 8MB explosion of unadulterated death.

All people who bought this drive should download the Intel SSD Toolbox software and check their firmware revision.

Just checked and mine was 4PC10362 which means it should be the newest fixed one and therefore will not suffer the 8MB explosion of unadulterated death.

Not true even with the updated firmware it can still happen.

I ended up using a box cutter to cut just the UPCs off of both boxes, taped them both to the form, made a copy of the completed form and mailed it certified. I got the return receipt late last week but no acceptance email yet.

My rebate just showed up yesterday with the normal processing. They definitely took advantage of the 8-10 weeks....

Back