Intel 320 160GB SSD + Battlefield 3 combo for $154.99 AR FS

Thanks, OP. After selling BF3, I could have this thing below $100.
My m11x is going to get a real boost.

Anyone going for the faster rebate? How much do they charge for this service?

Anyone going for the faster rebate? How much do they charge for this service?

I filled out all my rebate info and got to that page and its not an option. I looked on Slickdeals and it looks like that option is not available for this deal since its such a large rebate.

I ended up cancelling my order on Newegg, not a fan of having $240 tied up in limbo that I might not get back for 6-8 weeks....if at all... :rolleyes:

I ended up cancelling my order on Newegg, not a fan of having $240 tied up in limbo that I might not get back for 6-8 weeks....if at all... :rolleyes:

I'm thinking the same...thats quite a gamble, especially since this isn't exactly the SSD I want (M4)...

Meh, I've literally filled out nearly a dozen rebates over the last year and I got every last one... From just about everyone, ASUS, Corsair, MSI, Powercolor, HIS (who's notoriously lousy about it), etc. Granted, they were all $15-30 rebates and some took months to arrive, the amount of this Intel rebate gives me pause but the fact that it's Intel kinda offsets it IMO. I doubt they'd get some flake company to handle their rebates that would give them a black eye over it, specially with a promo this widespread.

Meh, I've literally filled out nearly a dozen rebates over the last year and I got every last one... From just about everyone, ASUS, Corsair, MSI, Powercolor, HIS (who's notoriously lousy about it), etc. Granted, they were all $15-30 rebates and some took months to arrive, the amount of this Intel rebate gives me pause but the fact that it's Intel kinda offsets it IMO. I doubt they'd get some flake company to handle their rebates that would give them a black eye over it, specially with a promo this widespread.

This. Every rebate I got, except 1, which I called about and then I got it. I got this as intel is doing the rebate and I trust that they will go with it. Plus I am sure they know that if they don't give out the rebates, there will be a lot of angry mobs. :)

LOL OUT OF STOCK!

Quick. Someone that is going to cancel the order anyway msg me before you do so, so I can get a drive. ROFL!

Is it out of stock everywhere? Half a dozen places are running the same promo, including Amazon.

Thermaltake is the only company that has every screwed me. I always fill out everything very meticulously. They sent me back my rebate info "return to sender" without ever opening it. By the time i sent it back they said it was not postmarked in time.

Ahh, my bad, I was sub'd to like three different 320 threads... I think the 160GB/BF3 deal might've been a NE exclusive. Other places are selling various sizes of the 320 for $1/GB thru Monday tho.

It's $129 + BF3 if you look hard enough. That's what I got mine for but most are all gone after Black Friday.

I also have a Crucial C300 (basically the same as the M4, faster in random reads/writes and slower in other areas) and comparing them in raw boot times or benchmarking, yes there is a difference but in real world day to day difference, you will hardly notice anything because the difference is 1-2 seconds.

Well, if you want something done right do it yourself.

Mwave.com has the exact same deal for $5 more.

BF3 + SSD + FS for $280 minus the $120 for the rebate.

i placed my order from newegg early on friday and it hasnt been shipped yet. Wanted to speak with someone about it and got this

You are currently number 263 in the queue. You should be connected to an agent in about 31:30. The average amount of time a customer has to wait is 31:40.

cool :)

Must have a big weekend rush despite the lack of deals... I ordered a Samsung SSD last Monday and by Wednesday I had it, in Puerto Rico.

i placed my order from newegg early on friday and it hasnt been shipped yet. Wanted to speak with someone about it and got this

You are currently number 263 in the queue. You should be connected to an agent in about 31:30. The average amount of time a customer has to wait is 31:40.

cool :)

According to Newegg UPS received the info on Sunday meaning it most likely shipped today ( was sent the tracking number.)

I ordered the 160 GB.

I should be getting my 160GB tomorrow from Amazon, I'm really excited! Thank you guys for pushing me to get this, I was worried that Cyber Monday was going to have some crazy deals, but it fell short (THANKFULLY!).

Paid over $400 for my 160GB Generation 2. I'm still happy with it, and the capacity is plenty for me. So $160 for basically the same drive is something I would be very happy with....could probably even get one of these and RAID 0 with my G2.

Mine came in today.

On the label under the serial number for it says "FW: 0362". Looks like that is the latest firmware per Intel's site so no need to flash the drive for moi. :c)

Mine came in today.

On the label under the serial number for it says "FW: 0362". Looks like that is the latest firmware per Intel's site so no need to flash the drive for moi. :c)

How is the BF3 code handled, in the box or emailed? Mine should be delivered tomorrow, a day early, since it's coming from their TN warehouse.

How is the BF3 code handled, in the box or emailed? Mine should be delivered tomorrow, a day early, since it's coming from their TN warehouse.

I ordered mine through mwave, even though the tracking # that they sent isn't active yet...GRRRRR I already received the BF3 code via e-mail along with a Black Light Retribution Beta key.

It was printed in this little sheet of paper. Like how it's usually done when games are bundled with video cards.

It was printed in this little sheet of paper. Like how it's usually done when games are bundled with video cards.

Hmm well I just received a tracking number from Newegg on the order showing BF3...are they really sending another package for sheets of paper...Guess I'll see what happens when the drives show up here any minute now.

^^ strange my package is on the way and it has both code and ssd and both came from CA.

Mine are separate as well, though the game still shows as processing...

On a side note, anyone have any suggestions on how to clone an existing disk to this guy? Clonezilla refuses to move from a larger drive to a smaller, despite there being less data than the smaller drive involved.

On the cd that comes with the SSD it has Intel Data Migration software so you should be good to go. Only issue I had was when I swapped disks I had to activate my Windows install again. :(

You guys should really do a clean install on the SSDs. Things just seem to work better like that from what I've read.

Yeah, I'd concur... If you're pressed for time tho you can clone with the included software or even Windows 7's own backup/imaging tool. Just make sure TRIM's enabled afterward, etc.

Last time I order with Mwave, placed the order Saturday morning, it didn't get shipped until Wednesday late afternoon, the same day Newegg's stuff got here.

I received mine (from Amazon) last night. Plopped it in, ran the data migraton tool and rebooted. Seems to be running fine. My old disk was partitioned so I had to massage the partitions afterwards. I wish the tool would allow you to select which partition to mirror but it was no big deal.

You guys should really do a clean install on the SSDs. Things just seem to work better like that from what I've read.

I'm going to data migrate from a 80GB G2 drive to this one. I shouldn't need to do a full install would I?

I'm going to data migrate from a 80GB G2 drive to this one. I shouldn't need to do a full install would I?

Better then migrating from an HD to a SSD, but I always do a clean install whenever I get a new HD, especially a SSD just to be safe.

I'm not totally familiar with it, but are there issues with cloning from a HDD to an SSD?

Back