Intake on Sonata?

Kido1986

[H]ard|Gawd
Heh, I feel like a noob here but how do you mount an extra 120mm fan in the Antec Sonata?

I just got the case and don't see where it mounts.

I feel dumb, please help :p

On the back of the case, where the honeycomb fan guard is?

i just googled it and i see there is a 120mm fan spot in the back of the case.

That comes pre-installed. It supports another 120mm in the front, as intake, but I can't see to find the correct place to mount it.

It's behind the harddrive rack so it takes some heat away from the hd and brings more cool air in.

I own the Sonata, but don't do any overclocking; the one fan that is preinstalled is fine for me.

I just FINALLY, after about 20 min of searching, found a pic of it. Isn't the best place for a intake fan IMO, but it'll work.

Thanks guys. After seeing where the fan mounts, I can definately see why I looked right over it.

guys..my case is fairly loud and generally annoying so i was thinking of getting one of these. i think my main problem is my powersupply, hd's, and cpu fan

so i was reading on newegg and saw this case and a speeze whisperrock hsf. both had good reviews and both said they are quiet. So this should fix my psu problem, case problem, hd problem (something about rubber stoping the sound of the hd?), and hsf problem

should i buy these? will it be quiet?

If you are looking for quiet cooling, get the Sonata and a Zalman Cu7000+ HSF. Speeze is a more budget minded cooler. The zalman runs about $43. I cant wait for mine to come in tomorrow.

"Hear the Silence"

It's behind the front bezel, in the back of the side-way hard-drive mounts. Remember, you can only mount a 25mm thick 120mm fan, those beastly ~32mm 120mm Panaflos won't fit.

I want a quiet system, I dont want a beast in there heheh...

I cant wait to be silent :)

Originally posted by DaveX
It's behind the front bezel, in the back of the side-way hard-drive mounts. Remember, you can only mount a 25mm thick 120mm fan, those beastly ~32mm 120mm Panaflos won't fit.

actually the 32mm Panaflos will fit, thats the fan I used in the front of my Sonata. I will admit that a 25mm would fit better but it isnt to tight of a fit with the 32mm fans.

One bit of advice I would give regarding the Sonata is to enlarge the front openings a bit for better airflow. The stock setup is pretty restrictive, some people have had problems.

Back