• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Installing a PCI SATA card?

That should work provided it has drivers for your OS. Do you really have a computer without a PCIe slot?
 
Well I have a PCI-e 1x slot and a PCI slot in an old Optiplex that I've repurposed. The computer is used exclusively for backups, so the I/O speed limitation presented by the PCI slot is not a huge deal.

Do you think it would make sense to get a PCI-e 1x card instead of PCI?
 
Well I have a PCI-e 1x slot and a PCI slot in an old Optiplex that I've repurposed. The computer is used exclusively for backups, so the I/O speed limitation presented by the PCI slot is not a huge deal.

Do you think it would make sense to get a PCI-e 1x card instead of PCI?

If you can afford it, then yes, go for the PCI-E 1x card.
Otherwise the PCI version will work just fine as long as you don't need the throughput.
 
SiI chip is a safe bet, personally I got two kinds of cheap PCI SATA cards with other chips and they never worked. I don't know why they would call it "6-port" when you can only use 4 at a time.

If there is a cheap PCIe 1X 4 port card available, I would definitely take that.
 
Back
Top