Red Squirrel
[H]F Junkie
- Joined
- Nov 29, 2009
- Messages
- 9,223
I have not built a computer in a while and one thing I've noticed is that everything changed, instructions are completely useless, and I'm actually having a hard time figuring out how to do this properly.
From what I gather there's two levers and the metal plate that goes on top of the cpu. So I align the cpu (only goes in one way) and then put the plate down. The issue I'm having is putting down the first lever. It almost feels/sounds like I'm crushing something. It's not a pretty sound. Is this normal? Or should it be easy to do? I can't see how else it would go as the cpu wont fit the other way so I know I have that part right. I'm just scared I'm missing something here.
Actually this is exactly my motherboard, what a coincidence. It's exactly what I'm doing, but when I go to put that first lever down, I really have to force it, which I'm scared to do as I don't think that's right.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB__WxpPKd8
From what I gather there's two levers and the metal plate that goes on top of the cpu. So I align the cpu (only goes in one way) and then put the plate down. The issue I'm having is putting down the first lever. It almost feels/sounds like I'm crushing something. It's not a pretty sound. Is this normal? Or should it be easy to do? I can't see how else it would go as the cpu wont fit the other way so I know I have that part right. I'm just scared I'm missing something here.
Actually this is exactly my motherboard, what a coincidence. It's exactly what I'm doing, but when I go to put that first lever down, I really have to force it, which I'm scared to do as I don't think that's right.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB__WxpPKd8