Installed PS3 Folding client

well, some of us have had to lower our expectations with all things FFC/Stanford of late...

And to think that I didnt think it was possible for Marty to lower his standards any more

Like always, quick on the quips, slow on the wits.

Nothing beta about this, Marty. Publicly released by Sony/Stanford.

If half of Stanford didn't have a network outage right now, you could probably read it from the FAQ. :)

If half of Stanford didn't have a network outage right now, you could probably read it from the FAQ. :)

Link please?

My bad, and here I thought you were refering to publicly stated facts by Stanford/Sony as of 1:25 pm CST... guess not huh?

With the network outage, and the launch today, it looks like the PS3 FAQ hasn't been updated yet. Watch here for an update: http://folding.stanford.edu/FAQ-PS3.html

nice try...just admit you screwed up and leaked the numbers because you're
a Mod.

I remember when I posted a summary page with a certain letter in it a caught a rash of trash from you.....when any dummy could google and find it

7im should resign as a Mod

nice try...just admit you screwed up and leaked the numbers because you're
a Mod.

I remember when I posted a summary page with a certain letter in it a caught a rash of trash from you.....when any dummy could google and find it

7im should resign as a Mod
Marty asked me to ban him. LOL

But in reality, you need to take these gripes to PM, zim. :)

Donator: zim01 Team: 32
CPUId: 2BD8XXXXXXXXXXXXAE
Credit: 302
Days taken to complete WU: 0.27
Error code: 0

Hi zim01 (team 32),
Your WU (P2552 R13 C57 G0) was added to the stats database on 2007-03-22 12:36:45 for 302 points of credit.

Zim just completed a PS3 work unit worth 302 points. Congrats!

So Zim, how long did that take? Hmm, just under 8 hours. And so then how many PPD does your PS3 earn? A little better than 900 PPD? All seems rather public knowledge to me considering the client is publicly released, completing work units, and the stats page for alpha testing PS3s was posted on the FC forum on March 15th. A good detective could have deduced the PPD a week ago. :p

Zim just completed a PS3 work unit worth 302 points. Congrats!

So Zim, how long did that take? Hmm, just under 8 hours. And so then how many PPD does your PS3 earn? A little better than 900 PPD? All seems rather public knowledge to me considering the client is publicly released, completing work units, and the stats page for alpha testing PS3s was posted on the FC forum on March 15th. A good detective could have deduced the PPD a week ago. :p

Please provide link to "stats page for alpha testing PS3s was posted on the FC forum on March 15th".

I don't care anymore, never actually did.

Just call it what it is, 7im posted the PPD for what ever reason. This PPD was stated in mod/alpha (?) sections not publicly released at the time he posted it.

It's a double standard. You go after all those who post the beta project summary links and alike trying to cover up the super secret beta stuff yet post in public forums other unreleased info when serves your whim.

The really funny part... the questions your not asking...

I am new to the whole folding thing, and was thinking about joining the team as suggested from the hardocp main page. However, if it's all politics and bickering by doing so (or I have to be careful about what I say..or understand some sort of pecking order) maybe I'll just fold on my own..

I shouldn't be suprised that marty is such a sore loser. How many nails do I have to put in his coffin before he will admit he is wrong? I guess I will have to share a few more "secrets" none of which are Mod related.

When I posted the PPD, the PS3 update had already been available for more than 12 hours. And since it takes less than 8 hours to complete the WUs, hundreds of WUs had already been turned in, and the PPD was easily known just from that.

And there was a lot of information to be gleened from the March 15th gizmodo.com videos and articles of folding on the PS3, and those links found their way on to the FCF as you well know. Check out the original sources of info: http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/ps3folding And especially this one: http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-ent...-home-app-churning-away-at-protein-244534.php

Or by watching this user name ("PS3" ya, that's original and secretive) for more than the last month. http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=207511

And how lame is it for him and zim to go around posting lies about me leaking the PPD on several of the other top team's forums? And if it was a leak, don't you think as a Mod on the FC forum, I could have just deleted your post that supposedly outted my so called leak to hide it? :rolleyes: But instead Mac and I played you, and on several forums at the same time.

I will give you this, you are fun to torment. It's almost too easy any more. :D

I am new to the whole folding thing, and was thinking about joining the team as suggested from the hardocp main page. However, if it's all politics and bickering by doing so (or I have to be careful about what I say..or understand some sort of pecking order) maybe I'll just fold on my own..

Hello Ulrick28. Please don't judge the whole team by a few bad apples. If you look at all the other threads here, there's VERY little politiking. ;) Most of it is just good (mostly clean) fun. Stay for a while, I think you'll like it.

My son's PS3 is working on its second WU! :D

Headline United States 03/22/2007 20:28 CST

PS3 Woes

Children across the country are in mourning for their PS3's. No, PS3's have not been dying by the hundreds or thousands. More interesting, dad's have been taking over the machines for their own use. A new update to the PS3 rolled out today, March 22, 2007 added the capability of "Folding" on the console.

The added function has drawn the dads of the country to this phenomenon. They have taken control of the PS3 away from their children and will not allow them to play games. Instead, the fathers downloaded and are running the Folding client in a race for the cure to cancer. A family official, speaking on condition of anonymity, stated the real reason for the usurping of the game machine is a points race.

More on this story as it breaks...

ROTFL!
My son just gave me the PS3 Folding tour. It's quite the installation. You can scan the globe in the background and see PS3 locations. I'm the yellow dot glowing on the southern end of Vancouver Island.

The unit is putting out some heat, but my son says it is not unusually hot.

Crunching on second WU, a 2552. It's fun to watch the protein visualization. Now, if Stanford/Sony can figure out a way to have folding in the background while one does other activities, it would be even better.

Stanford stats by CPU are worth a look. If I'm reading it correctly, 5K PS3s are folding about 2/3 of all Windows machines after 1 day of availability. :eek:

I vote for Eliza Dushku as official Folding ambassador. :D

Nice to see PS3 being so well adopted and putting out so much work. As for me, I am sticking with GPU and SMP for now...I wish CPU/GPUs had the location map thing, very cool.

And how lame is it for him and zim to go around posting lies about me leaking the PPD on several of the other top team's forums? And if it was a leak, don't you think as a Mod on the FC forum, I could have just deleted your post that supposedly outted my so called leak to hide it? :rolleyes: But instead Mac and I played you, and on several forums at the same time.

Don't forget ChelseaOilman. He played his part to a tee! He had only one line in the script, but boy was it a show stopper! Thanks man! We owe you one dude! ;)

Fish in a barrel!

I dare say an Oscar™ winning performance! Meryl Streep has got nothing on you pal! Ebert and Roeper give it two thumbs way up! Folding ROCKS! :p

I shouldn't be suprised that marty is such a sore loser. How many nails do I have to put in his coffin before he will admit he is wrong? I guess I will have to share a few more "secrets" none of which are Mod related.

When I posted the PPD, the PS3 update had already been available for more than 12 hours. And since it takes less than 8 hours to complete the WUs, hundreds of WUs had already been turned in, and the PPD was easily known just from that.

And there was a lot of information to be gleened from the March 15th gizmodo.com videos and articles of folding on the PS3, and those links found their way on to the FCF as you well know. Check out the original sources of info: http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/ps3folding And especially this one: http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-ent...-home-app-churning-away-at-protein-244534.php

Or by watching this user name ("PS3" ya, that's original and secretive) for more than the last month. http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=207511

Well, please forgive simple minded Marty here... few things I don't follow...

1. No official word from Stanford has been made as of this posting to my knowledge, so that pretty much negates things either way as of right now.

2. Data posted about the PPD are conflicting currently at best.

3. psummary only listed point values for PS3 WU's form yesterday ~ 4:00 pm CST on.

4. The video you posted lists time per WU, but no points per WU. How can a conclusion be drawn from this?

5. The video user in the video has done ~ 1010 WU's for 990 points or something like that. Or that PS3 itself has done 7 WU's for unknown points. Ties into next.

6. PS3 users data has been streaming up to EOC and alike for months now. However the WU/point ration has been completely random. 1000 WU's for 5 points, 5 WU's for 1500 points etc. All over the map, no conclusions could be drawn.

7. The credit adjustment to Pande Group team was also all over the map with regards to points per WU. At the time I found the credit it was past the ability to determine the frequency of submission. Moot anyways since the number of devices submitting results was unknown.

If it's 900, you leaked it. I thought I might have been able to validate that, guess not. To my knowledge the points value per WU has simply not been publicly know hence impossible to determine PPD. Admittedly, I hate consoles and have not follow PS3 much outside the fact that it can fold. This could have cause me missing something.

Hello Ulrick28. Please don't judge the whole team by a few bad apples. If you look at all the other threads here, there's VERY little politiking. ;) Most of it is just good (mostly clean) fun. Stay for a while, I think you'll like it.

We have a bet going, looser has to kiss a Moose so there is a lot on the line here... :D

It's usually not like this, you just picked the wrong thread on the wrong day.

Back