Inspect my build

FirehawkNS

Weaksauce
I am looking into rebuilding my PC and was wanting some feedback on if everything looks good or should I upgrade, or downgrade some parts. With the following I have basically hit the max money I want to spend (actually went over) since I plan to buy a BenQ 24" monitor as well. All this PC is mainly used for is Video ripping and photo shop. I also like to know I could throw almost any game in and play it, even though I don't play many. Maybe AOE, Armada, Mech warrier type's of games, but you never know.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 Yorkfield - $269.99 ($25.00 mail, plus combo listed with PSU)
Gigabyte GA-EP45T-DS3R Motherboard - $174.99
Mushkin 4gb (2xgb) DDR2 (PC2 6400) - $79.99
HIS Hightech Radeon HD 4850 512mb GDDR3 PCI-e 2.0 x16 - $184.99
WD Caviar SE16 (WD6400AAKS) 640gb 7200rpm SATA 3.0gb/s Hard Drive - $89.99
Xigmatek HDT-S1283 120mm CPU Cooler - $36.99
Corsair CMPSU-620hx 620w PS. - $164.99 - ($50.00 off when combo'd with Q9300)
Arctic silver 5 compound - $5.99

Mainly does the PSU look like it has enough amp's on the rails to handle this rig?

Hi,

Yes you should be alright with all of this, but have you thought of changing the hard drive to a Maxtor? Because they don't fail as often as Western Digital do. Also maybe consider an AMD- based system?

Hope it helps,,

You don't have any prices listed, but if you're in the US you could chop off a good amount from the total without affecting performance with some parts swapping.

Looks good, but I would change the HIS to a visiontek for the lifetime warranty. As for the HDD, the WD is an EXCELLENT choice... Very fast and good amount of storage. The PSU is fine, more than enough for what you have there.

Thanks guys! I edited the list to add prices as seen Monday on Newegg. I know I could either up to DDR3 or downgrade the MB to the model without DDR3, but for the small price difference on the MB I figured I would just keep the DDR3 support.

Now just have to decide which 24" monitor to get. Thinking I am going toward BenQ.

Thanks guys! I edited the list to add prices as seen Monday on Newegg. I know I could either up to DDR3 or downgrade the MB to the model without DDR3, but for the small price difference on the MB I figured I would just keep the DDR3 support.

Now just have to decide which 24" monitor to get. Thinking I am going toward BenQ.

I have a Benq v2400w and love it. I highly suggest it if you like to game.

I still recommend dropping down to the DDR2 only version of that motherboard:
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R Intel P45 Motherboard - $135

DDR3 has not shown a single performance increase in real-world apps and games. In addition that motherboard will NOT be able to support the faster DDR3 RAM that *might* show a performance increase. So save the $40.

Thanks for the help guys, got my early birthday presents today (actually my 24" LCD was my early birthday, this was more of a bonus).

2744490235_f09340d753_o.jpg

Back