Inside a GPU Die: Exploding 2080 Ti GPUs by Overheating, ft. TiN

Who the fuck is TiN?

You've posted two damn videos with the same three letter acronym at the top, with no fucking clarification.

Even a casual Google Search for "TiN EVGA" didn't bring up a profile page, just more links to the same two videos.

Last edited:
Who the fuck is TiN?

You've posted two damn videos with the same three letter acronym at the top, with no fucking clarification.

Even a casual Google Search for "TiN EVGA" didn't bring up a profile page, just more links to the same two videos.
I took this as a google challenge...
3 min..

Illya "TiN" Tsemenko Performance Tuning Hardware Engineer at EVGA Corporation
found it via this

So, how the fuck was I supposed to find illya Tsemenko = TiN. Oh yeah, because obviously everyone fucking knows, obviously! :rolleyes:

It's not even his initials. It's a fucking nickname. And having a generic fucking nickname like TIN is guaranteed to be unsearchable.

I didn't know either. So I followed your same google search for "TiN EVGA" and scrolled down to the second website hit:

upload_2019-6-19_11-20-7.png

I'm not trying to embarrass you or anything, but it seems you're getting a little bit riled up over nothing.

Last edited:
Who the fuck is TiN?

tenor (3).gif

Or just enter his name which is in the video.

I've actually seen this happen with CPU's. This was back in the day when CPU's didn't have thermal protection like they do now. I think the first socket A Athlons were the ones I saw this happen with.

Here is a video on how to actually do this.

I've actually seen this happen with CPU's. This was back in the day when CPU's didn't have thermal protection like they do now. I think the first socket A Athlons were the ones I saw this happen with.

Here is a video on how to actually do this.
Yup, I recall seeing a few roasted Durons/Athlons back in the day.

Yup, I recall seeing a few roasted Durons/Athlons back in the day.

I did that once on purpose. Although the one I used didn't blow a hole in the motherboard or anything like that. The chip did shatter and I took it out of the socket in pieces.

A friend of mine had a Zeos Panther or something like that. It was a huge tower, I remember the Pentium 90 "melted" the motherboard. It would still post for a little while.

So, how the fuck was I supposed to find illya Tsemenko = TiN. Oh yeah, because obviously everyone fucking knows, obviously! :rolleyes:

It's not even his initials. It's a fucking nickname. And having a generic fucking nickname like TIN is guaranteed to be unsearchable.

You are one angry human being.

Back