INSANE Zalman CNPS700B-AlCu Led Heatsink fan for $3.95!!

If you look on the site it gives you the option to see how many are in stock. It says it's for their main location they have 3 in stock but it doesn't say about their Houston warehouse. I can see maybe the 3 getting shipped 1st come 1st served. Also even after a automated order confirmation is recieved they can still cancel the orders. Almsot all sites have a not responsible for typogrphical error disclaimers. They will just cancel all the orders and that's the end of it. It does blow that a site can cancel oreders on price mistakes but that's the nature of online sales. If every site was forced to sell items at mislisted prices do you have any idea how many of these smaller e-tailers would be put out of business? Don't slam them if they cancel your order just let it drop.

garro1 said:
You guys think this thing will fit nicely over my Geforce 4 Ti 4400? Do I have to do any modifications to it? I was hoping I can pop this baby on there somehow. :D
a friendly heads up:

it's a big waste of time with the ti4200 as it's memory bandwidth limited. Raising the core clock tremendously might give you an extra couple FPS but oc'ing the ti4200's memory will bring the most improvement. On the other hand cards like the radeon 9700/9800pro and newer benefit much from overclocking the core.

pigpen said:
They absolutely can. Happened to me with a Dell deal i found on this same forum. You'll get a refund, but i bet you'll be on hold with customer service for more than an hour.

Nah what with as many of us have ordered 2 and 3 each of those, we've 1) completely depleted their stock, 2) if they're paying attention to the referer logs at all, introduced them to the [H], 3) they'll most likely either honor it, or cancel them all and email everyone about the mistake.

Then again they could decide to be total idiots about it and overcharge alot of people all at once and piss off the denizens of one of the more prominant tech sites...

who used a credit card? can anyone check online if the exact amount was deducted from ur credit limit? i know the credit limit was immediatly deducted when i bought my 2405

Well...I carried out the order with Paypal and received my order confirmation. It sent me to a link to pay for them, so I did. I received an invoice stating that it has been paid for, but in my order history it says that it is 'NOT PAID'. Anyone else have this too? :confused:

I just checked it, says backordered, clicked the cancel my order link a few times, hasn't seemed to update, will call tomorrow and make sure they cancel it.

I got the same thing, im am kinda worried about that. I emailed them also

garro1 said:
Well...I carried out the order with Paypal and received my order confirmation. It sent me to a link to pay for them, so I did. I received an invoice stating that it has been paid for, but in my order history it says that it is 'NOT PAID'. Anyone else have this too? :confused:

KamikazeSloth said:
I just checked it, says backordered, clicked the cancel my order link a few times, hasn't seemed to update, will call tomorrow and make sure they cancel it.
read rellersratings.com said that people can't cancel order online for some reason, link doesn't work. Also read others reviews and said that they have had paypal problems before too such as they didn't get "paid" on their order until a few days later. I knew i should have stayed away, but i'll get my money back you'll be sure of that. hey kamikake, you want to cancel my order too? i'm serious, i'm busy all day.

damn this has caused us all types of problems and pessimistic opinions. I cant believe I ordered 3 of them , i paid thru paypal and then went back to check my order status and It said " not paid " , i emailed them and hope to get a reply tommorow

we'll see what happens, i doubt any of these orders will go through

Qwertyman, I'll try for you if ya want. I'll give them a call as soon as I can tomorrow, and if you want me to try, I'll do it for you too. PM me or respond if you want me to.

picked me up one see what happens sounds like if its the wrong price they got lots of refunds to issue,but if its the right price then they got lots of shipments to make LOL,theres a catch some where there always is

pigpen said:
They absolutely can. Happened to me with a Dell deal i found on this same forum. You'll get a refund, but i bet you'll be on hold with customer service for more than an hour.

Just use common sense with these deals. Anything marked down 90% off MSRP(or 1 decimal point [39.95 vs 3.95]which should be a huge clue,) is most likely a price mistake. To my knowledge, a price mistake has never been honored by any company, as there is absolutely no legal obligation to do so.

"looks to good to be true....."

About two years ago, United had a price mistake on their website. Round trip tickets from New York to Paris: $25. They honored every single purchased ticket at that price. They didn't have to, but I think the value of good PR beat out the value of that flight.

looked at my order again and it says backordered. cancel order button does not work for me too. I will call tomorrow and check. If anybody gets them for the price, let us all know here.

Personally I am not too worried. I have had a worse time with zipzoomfly when I got parts last october. online order went bad and next thing I know 800 bucks is missing from my bank account. nearly crapped my pants when I saw that. ;)

Status Date: 03-13-2005 17:29:53
Status Detail: BACK ORDER

not cancelled, not price jacked, just back ordered.

might happen still.

QM

10 AM EST
1 0503100871 03-13-2005 ORDERED 03-13-2005 03:32:07 49.75

Not cancelled yet :)

I just talked to somebody there, was gonna cancel my order, the guy noticed the mistake, its now been changed, the price is 31.95, like it should be. I went ahead and got one and he said he'd ship mine today. Good Luck to everyone else with cancelling, I did it for Qwertyman and it seemed easy to do.

i just got mine cancelled, i think.

"We regret to inform you that there has been a price mistake for
CNPS7000B-ALCULED product. Our system is automated everyday, and there has
been an error in the program. The price is supposed to be $31.95. We
apologized for any inconvinience that it may have caused.
Axion Sales"

I'm assuming thats a cancellation, but nowhere in it does it say cancelled and i paid paypal and havent got a refund yet.

hmm.........

i orderd ten the night before when i first saw it.
this thread had 0 replies,so hopefully i was one of the first who ordered.
im gonna call providian later and see if they charged me

I don't know how it is in ther est of the country.

But there are laws in some places that state that a product must be sold for its advertised price, weither that price was a misprint/mistake or not, it has to be sold for that price until they change the display.

Meaning they can not deny sale or cancle sale because of a misprint, they must sell for the price advertised by law.

well I just called, the first time I called, the guy was being an asshole, he said he would refund my money today , so i said OK he then " hangs up " im like WTF?

I called back like 10 minute later bitching , it was another person, he then puts me on hold for 20 minutes and finally refunds my money without apologizing.

I'll never ever buy from this crap site again even if they did honor their deal.

Status Detail: Back Order

I understand cancelled, I understand Back Order. How do you put them together?

mavalpha said:
Status Detail: Back Order

I understand cancelled, I understand Back Order. How do you put them together?

Maybe it means they're "backordered" on refunds: i. e. it'll be a few weeks before you get yours :p

Komataguri said:
I don't know how it is in ther est of the country.

But there are laws in some places that state that a product must be sold for its advertised price, weither that price was a misprint/mistake or not, it has to be sold for that price until they change the display.

Meaning they can not deny sale or cancle sale because of a misprint, they must sell for the price advertised by law.

urban legend.

I just checked my status and I received the same as you...Cancelled, but the reason given was backordered.

I decided to contact them through email since I am in class regarding their mistake. I basically ranted and raved how they should honor their own prices, wether it was a mistake or not. I did the usual threatening of bringing my disatisfaction for the company to the BBB, as well as several forums, and even resellerratings.com

I suggest if you all have a chance, to at least describe your situation on resellerratings.

I mean they should at least honor us one of the fans, even though some of us ordered more.

My ordered now says shipped so hopefully that means it'll get moving, I'm gonna call them in a few minutes and try to get a tracking #.

pigpen said:
urban legend.

Actually not quite. Some states do have a similarly described law, but it's usually pretty worthless to take it to court and what have you. The best you could do is have them offer you store credit or to tell others of your disatisfaction.

If a store or company is truthfully a good company or store, it will honor the price for a limited time. For example, Best Buy posted awhile back an add for Gamecube games, and one of them was Resident Evil 4 (this was 2 weeks before its release) and it was advertised for $15. So I took the ad into the store and even though they realized it was a mistake, they were told to offer the price until 12:30 pm (EST).

KamikazeSloth said:
My ordered now says shipped so hopefully that means it'll get moving, I'm gonna call them in a few minutes and try to get a tracking #.

you lucky bastard, u got it shipped?

Well that's what it says on the status, I ended up paying around the normal amount, so I didn't get it at that super low price, but regardless its not a bad price compared to other places. Overall I got it for 37 shipped, I won't complain much, he said that he had one in the DFW warehouse and he said he'd ship it for me. I'm about to call them and find out.

Back