INput on phase change insulation

DarthBeavis

2[H]4U
I am mounting my EVGA 680i mobo inverse ATX style which means the CPU will sitting at the lower end of the mobo. Do I need to paint all the mobo with conformal solution (got liquid Corona instead of a spray) since I assume condensation must drip down and would not touch most of the mobo? Thanks

No; right-side up or upside-down, you should have a good enough seal around your socket that no condensation forms anywhere else on your motherboard.

I thought the black PCB was boring so I started painting. What do you think ;)

dsc01421gm6.jpg

:eek:
Is that covered under the warranty?

of course it is, the mobo is designed for extreme applications. :p
that colour looks sweet I must say.
Im going to be phasecooling soon, is dielectric grease and seal string suffiecient for sealing?

Never done it, dont have the money or the gonads. That said.

Only thing I could suggest is to take the heatsink strip off the voltage switching FETS directly below the cpu socket (if I understand your motherboard mounting orientation correctly) and carefully paint just the surface mounting connections to the pcb if visible or around the base of the chip, so that the heatsink still contacts the very top part of the chips for cooling. Concerned that if some moisture does get loose it will go under that HS and short out.

Have Fun !!!

I ended up scraping that mobo and giving it away. Bought another one and used clear conformal spray on it. Works sweet.Vapochill is painted in flames and mounted on right side bottom of case

dsc01788largetx8.jpg

dsc01462eg1hr6.jpg

dsc01454ez6.jpg

Back