INFRARED Issues...

Axehandler

Gawd
I recently extended my VIVE into my livingroom.

The two base stations appear to communicate with Infrared and thus, are now causing interference with my Harmony remote system.

Discovered this due to trying to use my TV. and it was acting weird. Things not switching to right input and stuff staying on. After messing with the remote and various setting. I decided to turn off on of the base stations that was aiming towards my system. TA-DA works again.....

Anyone else noticing interference?

Axe

It uses IR so yes, it will interfere lol :D

I have my vive setup in my dining room (which I never use for dining). I did have it setup in my living room for a short time but between the reflective surface of my TV and sliding door, not to mention IR interference and the potential of putting your fist/controller through the TV screen, It made the decision to move it really easy

Yes, I could not use some of my remotes.

You could tape a loo roll onto the IR receiver pointed at where you intend using the remote from.
This should only allow line of sight signals to hit it.

Yes, I could not use some of my remotes.

You could tape a loo roll onto the IR receiver pointed at where you intend using the remote from.
This should only allow line of sight signals to hit it.

Yea I dont think the spouse would go for Loo Rolls on the TV, xbox, Stereo etc....

Back