Infinite boot loop after sleep

ep3w

Gawd
I've had my computer at 3.5Ghz and its been rock solid stable, sleep and everything. The instant I try to go past 3.5, I can't wake from sleep anymore. It just goes into the infinite boot loop. I can go 20 runs of IBT and 9+ hrs of P95 at 3.7, but it still won't wake up from sleep. It will still randomly shut off at 3.7 opening firefox for example too. I've tried bumping all the voltages that I touched to get the OC, but none seem to help. Any ideas what is causing this?

I think vtt is similar on S775? Normally it is at 1.3 I just tried it at 1.36 & 1.4 and it didn't help. Didn't want to go any higher

Starting to think its maybe a memory problem? I tried it at all AUTO setting and got the same results but anyone see anything weird here? The board doesn't seem to detect the memory right so those SHOULD be the stock settings...its G SKILL 1066 RAM.

imag0183bu.jpg

imag0184bg.jpg

imag0185gi.jpg

Update: I tried it out and it works fine with the exact same settings but at 6x multi instead of 8x. Any ideas which voltages would cause this? I've already tried bumping up vcore quite a bit with no change and tried it without LLC.

I was just going to post about a similar issue. Mine also loops after sleep. The thing is, it's 20+ IBT stable and never has had any issues beyond that. I never noticed it because I only put sleep mode in place recently. It doesn't happen at stock speeds which indicates the overclock, but all tests indicate a stable system. It's on a q9550 with a Gigabyte UD3P. I'm at a loss

I was just going to post about a similar issue. Mine also loops after sleep. The thing is, it's 20+ IBT stable and never has had any issues beyond that. I never noticed it because I only put sleep mode in place recently. It doesn't happen at stock speeds which indicates the overclock, but all tests indicate a stable system. It's on a q9550 with a Gigabyte UD3P. I'm at a loss

That's interesting. Very similar setup (q9450 + ud3p) and exactly the same issue. Have you tried yours at a lower multi with the same settings?

I remember a pair of GSkill memory sets I had were bad; they showed a bunch of errors in Memtest86- you should probably try running that and then asking for an RMA.

I will try it at 3.6GHz first overnight since that's still running them within their recommended spec and post back.

in the advanced section of power options try disabling hybrid sleep.

I didn't see anything called Hybrid Sleep in the power options but googling it find something. It looks like a lot of people were hitting a "fsb wall" where S3 stops working. Seems to be a common problem that hasn't been fixed. This may just be a bug.

Edit: weird thing is though it will sleep fine with a lower multi so maybe thats not it?

Last edited:
Back