Indoor antenna for hd...

zoobaby

Supreme [H]ardness
OK, I searched and have done some research on indoor antennas for ota hd. I would like to ask you all for input on what you have or have tried and your opinions on them. The Zennith one seems to get the most popular votes and is inexpensive. What others are out there that are good.

I've had limited experience with OTA antennas, but one thing I've found is this...
Usually, the less expensive the antenna, the less channels it will receive.

I've purchased a few low dollar units and never got the quality I've been getting from the more spendy units.

Terks are spotty at best and I'd guess you'll have great results with something like the Zenith Silver Sensor. It's small and low cost, and the best I've seen aside from the $100 outdoor units. $20 on Amazon...

Good luck -

I couldn't even tell you what brand I have. I think it's a Jensen? IIRC it was $30-50.

Anyway, we live about 20 minutes outside the city limits of St. Louis, and we had a helluva time getting analog OTA TV for the first 6 months or so when we moved in. Then I bought Dish network sattelite, and now my antenna is hooked to my Dish HD box. afaik, we get all the available digital signals in our area with 80-90% signal strength at all times (Except for the UPN affiliate, which I guess has a weak signal anyway). We get 3 PBS stations, 2 NBC stations, CBS, ABC, and WB. The antenna is on my 2nd floor in one of the bedrooms, sitting on a desk. Every now and then I have to mess with it to get ABC or WB, depending on the weather, but other than that I don't touch it for months.

I don't mind spending the extra money on a good one. But I have read that the Terks are spotty and most seem to suggest the ZSS over it. Anyone else with experience want to share?

I am limited to indoor as the condo association will not allow an outdoor.

Back