Inaccessible BIOS

uklegend

n00b
I have a Phoenix BIOS Setup Utility thing which appears when I press F2 before Windows loads. Having just perused the overclocking forum, I discovered to my considerable dismay that many of the options talked about (such as power options) just are not visible in my BIOS :( ...Is there any other way I can alter these settings, or are they "hidden" in the BIOS? If so, how can I access them???

Is your computer a name brand computer like HP or Sony. If so, thats because they lock there BIOS so you cant mess with those settings.

Theres the problem. Its a name brand computer. The BIOS are locked to those settings. There nothing you can do. I have an HP myself, and cant do any overclocking to the CPU on it. If its a desktop PC, you can buy a new mobo, so you got the FSB and all those other settings if you want to overclock.

Lazy_Moron said:
Theres the problem. Its a name brand computer. The BIOS are locked to those settings. There nothing you can do. I have an HP myself, and cant do any overclocking to the CPU on it. If its a desktop PC, you can buy a new mobo, so you got the FSB and all those other settings if you want to overclock.

crack open the case, look for the PLL IC, write down what you find.

Then download CPUFSB from podien

find your PLL IC in the drop down list and get clocking...

Works on my DELL workstation...should work on your HP...

Easy!

MD_Willington said:
crack open the case, look for the PLL IC, write down what you find.

Then download CPUFSB from podien

find your PLL IC in the drop down list and get clocking...

Works on my DELL workstation...should work on your HP...

Easy!

Trying that now. Thanks for the info, hopefully this works.

Update:
Well my PLL IC number isnt supported :( Oh well, are there any other programs out there to change you FSB settings without going through the BIOS to change them?

^^ Nope.

Also ClockGen might work. It might be harder to find your motherboard type, but it works well for me. CPUFSB didn't :rolleyes: .

Lazy_Moron said:
Trying that now. Thanks for the info, hopefully this works.

Update:
Well my PLL IC number isnt supported :( Oh well, are there any other programs out there to change you FSB settings without going through the BIOS to change them?

is the PLL IC even close to anything on the list? my PLL was an almost but not exact match,

And yes, not all PLL IC's are supported.

MD

You should download the spec sheet for each PLL and see if they are simialr or if the 115 is a newer replacement for the 110, quite common to build a new version of the IC starting with the older one...most chipsets are built that way...

Back