In need of a good unrealistic multiplayer shooter...

PanzeR-

Limp Gawd
I had my share of fun with bf:bc2 multi but those kind of games do not really keep me busy for awhile... I'm looking into something with more of an ut/quake feel (ut2k4 was amazing in my book!) with a decent player base so I do not have to wait on weekends/night to find games (aka Crysis Wars)

Any input? does UT3 have a decent player base?

Edit: I already play my share of tf2 now and then!

Err, quake live maybe?

I absolutely loved ut2k4 but really hated UT3. Since its the newest one it probably still has a decent playerbase, but I just didn't like it anywhere near as much as ut99 or 2k4.

UT3 Titan mode is a blast. The rest of the game is just ok.

Want something unreal? can't go wrong with Unreal Tournament 2004 :p

section 8 would give UT2k4 a run for its money.. to bad the developers didnt invest a little more into marketing..

try out team fortress 2. unrealistic FPS, but fun as hell.

+++

You cannot go wrong with TF2. Even with the more recent additions such as hats, it is still a great multiplayer game. Plenty of people will be playing this game for some time.

yep ET:QW is an awesome game sabrewulf.. use to spend 16+ hours a day on that game.. and its one of the few unrealistic FPS's that REQUIRES teamwork.. rambo'ing gains you nothing in that game..

yep ET:QW is an awesome game sabrewulf.. use to spend 16+ hours a day on that game.. and its one of the few unrealistic FPS's that REQUIRES teamwork.. rambo'ing gains you nothing in that game..

That game is awesome. Other than the flying. which is suck manatees at. I just cant do it for some reason (other than going really high and freefalling while using the machine gun and climbing again...or flying at things and bailing...its not the flying sucks...I just suck at it.

Serious Sam HD: Double Pack is on sale for $7.49 on STEAM. It's more like your traditional Quake style of game play. Hopefully the sale will increase the online numbers. It even has CoOp and capture the flag.

Have you checked out Boarderlands? It's very cheap on sale right now (under $10) ... go check out the hot deals section for the info.

Urban Terror? Quake3 engine, free, lots of players still. Players seem a lot more mature too, most of them probably been playing it a long time, not many cry babies to deal with compared to more modern games.

No looking down the sight to aim, you can be mid air elevation jumping full speed with perfect accuracy across the map. Good net code too, 100 ping is fine.

Have you checked out Boarderlands? It's very cheap on sale right now (under $10) ... go check out the hot deals section for the info.
Borderlands is an awesome game, but it's not even close to the type of game that the OP is asking for.

SS coop was mad fun but I haven't played it in ages. Been considering the HD versions but just haven't got around to it. Are they basically just rehashes with better graphics or are there other differences?

SS coop was mad fun but I haven't played it in ages. Been considering the HD versions but just haven't got around to it. Are they basically just rehashes with better graphics or are there other differences?
They're pretty much the same games. The second one adds a few extra features, but the main campaign is the same as the original.

gotta get TF2 if you haven't already. I wonder what battlefield heroes is like these days, I had a lot of fun playing it last year.

shadow run. mostly you'll be playing with console players (yes it's multi-platform) so you’ll have fun dominating them.

ctf_doublecross map in TF2

and zombiecc servers in L4D2 (10vs10 versus mode)
as you can see from the link they have an advanced server system (that I still can’t understand) but the fun part is that you gain tokens, caps and zeds while playing that you can use for example to summon double tanks or add extra length to the smoker tongue. Those points will remain with you even if you disconnect and return after a month.

like you I cant enjoy BC2 anymore but I think some nice titles are coming in the near future. I’m downloading the Global Agenda Demo now.

Last edited:
1) Team Fortress 2

2) Unreal Tournament Series ( I play at least one daily & it's still active, not dead)

3) Gears of War - not as large scale but it's pretty solid

4) Quake Live - Quake III Arena - Still very active

Back