In-ear headphones

Rinthe

Limp Gawd
this pair of in-ear headphones is the one that came with the zune mp3 player. the left one stopped work, seems to happen to every pair of in-ear headphones i had. so i'm looking to buy a new pair. any suggestions?

Head-direct.com carries a bunch of Yuin stuff as well as the REx series. Good stuff.

Probably, but I figured I'd just throw him to the lions first and see what he comes back with. :eek:

i'll check that site out, but i listen to a lot of different music: vocal, rock, hiphop, classical, trance etc..

i personally just rock some cheap skullcandy ink'd in ears
that way when they (inevitably) get trashed i'm only out like $15 and i replace em

Under $50 is a bit tighter. There's some cheaper options from JVC, and Sennheiser CX300s can be bought cheap. I can testify that the sound quality on CX300s isn't anywhere near good (highs and mids feel like they're getting cut out by the bass), but the bass is strong (not necessarily clean).

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/headphone-buyers-guide-271258/

I'm reluctant to spend around $100 on earphones as well, since they'll inevitably turn into soldering practice material.

For cheap IEMs the JVC Marshmallow is the headfi IEM of choice. Sort of like the Koss KSC75 of the IEM world. I have a pair and they sound way better than the ones that Creative gave me with my MP3 player and they only cost $25.00 or less.

Someone told me there is another brand that is even better but can't remember the name of them now and it was an obscure brand too so probably not easy to find.

I'll throw in another vote for the Sennheiser CX300's, mine have held up well over the last 3 or so years and you can find them for way less than $50 if you look around... Just make sure you buy them at a legitimate retailer (directly from Amazon/Newegg, etc, not off Amazon Marketplace or some no-name e-tailer, there's lots of knock-offs around, 'specially on Ebay).

Senn even had a rebate program a while ago where they'd take your old pair of IEMs for like $20 off the total price or something, but yea, you should be able to find 'em for under $30 probably.

Anyone here ever use Koss' lifetime warranty btw? The foam padding on my KSC50's (same as the KSC75s but less goofy lookin' basically) absolutely came apart... I was wondering whether I should find replacement pads and try to pry them open myself to replace 'em or send 'em in to Koss, I don't want 'em to send me back a pair of KSC75's I can just get locally for $15 though. :p

koss' warranty is pretty damn awesome.

they'll send you a ksc75 most likely, though.

Would be interesting to see which IEMs the OP ended up buying and his opinion of them so post back to this thread after you buy them.

Back