I'm thinkin' this one's dead?

Old Hippie

Supreme [H]ardness
Looks like one of my SSDs bit the dust........

No wonder it kept dropping out of the array!

bestj.jpg

I bought this on Sept 9th 2009 and it's an HP branded Intel 80GB G1.

I guess I'll try an RMA from HP first.

Wow, old age at only a few months!

Good thing its in warranty...I'd hate to replace an expensive drive like that so quickly.

This drive was in a RAID0 array and I'm thinkin' it may also have been the cause for my poor 4k reads......@ 18MB/s.

It may have been faulty from the get-go and I do remember a performance decrease after the first time I ran HDDErase.

This can't be right.

I'm getting the A-OK from the Intel toolbox for this drive.

I've removed it from the enclosure and changed the cable but it still fails in the RAID array.

When it does fail I have to delete the drive from the array to clear the error.

I'm gonna try playing with different drivers but does anyone have any ideas?

The drive that keeps dropping from the array is this HP branded drive and I've looked thru the Intel toolbox at it's values and it seems to be the same as the Intel drive which is working correctly.

I've called HP CS and they told me to try the seller, Hyper Microsystems first.

I have no idea if this could be somekinda screwy HP interface problem but the problem didn't occur until I started installing W7 on these drives.

I'm also testing these drives on Vista.

I've probably installed W7 Ultimate 64bit on these drives 7-8 times and sometimes it works good for a day or two before the drive drops from the array and sometimes it only works 'till the next reboot.

I'm kinda at a loss except to RMA that HP drive....if they cooperate.

I'm just wanting to let everyone know that neither Hyper Microsystems nor HP will support these drives.

I'll probably try with Intel but let future buyers beware.

Neither will Intel.

I hope nobody else has a problem with these Intel/HP branded drives.

Back