I'm gonna gloat for a second

stiltner

[H]F Junkie
Added the CompTIA Server+ beta exam to my list of certs I already had.

They offered it to me for $0 to take it, so I was like eh, if I bomb it I'm out nothing.

I got an e-mail saying "To get your certificate in paper yada yada yada" and I was like, well wtf they only send that if you pass something (I wasn't supposed to find out till sometime in Jan if I passed) and sure enough.

So, I got A+,Net+, Server+ and now Storage+ with SNIA basically having wrote that test it was very different from other CTIA exams. That on top of my aging XP MCP. I'm sitting the 70-680 next Tuesday (on my day off no less) and I'm hoping to have my MCITP:EA and CCNA both done in 2012. (Yes I'm working on both the network and the server administration, I want to cover bases)

Life's good, play [H]ard :)

Congrats.

I have an A+ that I received in 1995 (still have the little credit card they give you). Haven't worked on another one since.

Maybe one of these days I'll add some more :)

Which XP MCP do you have, not the MCDST is it? You can upgrade that to the Windows 7 equivalent with one exam.

nah I'm just an XP Configuration and installation MCP. If it was a DST I'd have already upgraded it

Congrats.

I have an A+ that I received in 1995 (still have the little credit card they give you). Haven't worked on another one since.

Maybe one of these days I'll add some more :)

Hehe, What ^ he said.

I didn't pass by TWO points. 2. WTF?! 718 out of 720. I was pissed. Oh well, I don't think I'm going to take the final cert, anyway. It was free, and I figured what the heck. I don't really have much use for it, though. I do play with SAN's and stuff, but nothing major enough to warrant a cert. So, I was out nothing and gained nothing.

Back to my CCNA studies!

Congrats on the pass. What caught me though is two people already said they got to write it for free?! How?

Back