I'm Back

brycejones

Supreme [H]ardness
After a long break, I'm back. I never left WCG, but I've been away from FAH for awhile. Picked up a couple of GTS250s that I just got up and running this evening with the GPU client. I haven't touched the cards yet from an overclocking perspective. What is a good target to hit on the shaders? These are the BFG GTS250s that Tiger had on sale for ~110 after rebate and Bing. According to FAH Mon they are cranking out about 11.5K a day. Does this sound about right?

Also if anyone is interested I've got a couple of 9600GSOs to get rid of now.

Welcome back to the fold! :cool:

The PPD seems about right but I never purchased any 250s. I'm not sure how high the shaders can go. I would imagine frequencies in the neighborhood of the 9800s since the GPUs are similar. Let us know how high you manage to succeed once you get around to it.

Welcome back to the fold!!

Also if anyone is interested I've got a couple of 9600GSOs to get rid of now.

If your looking to sell these, post in the FS/FT here in the DC forum and I'm sure they will go quickly!!

Always good to have people come back to the fold.

A good shader Target would be around 1900mhz

Glad to have you back
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Welcome back. I remember hoping (not very hard) to catch up to you on WCG, but that was pretty much a pipe dream

Welcome back. I remember hoping (not very hard) to catch up to you on WCG, but that was pretty much a pipe dream

Now the tables are turned..;) But I doubt I'm ever going to be serious threat. My folding budget is really tight and basically limited to having a single desktop at any point in time.

I have a GTS 250 installed in the Thuban box and it's a nice card for daily use and folding. The card is getting around 5.6k ppd with the shaders set to 1840

I have a GTS 250 installed in the Thuban box and it's a nice card for daily use and folding. The card is getting around 5.6k ppd with the shaders set to 1840

you should be able to get more then 1840.. if im not mistaken they top out around 2000mhz if not higher..(just look for 9800GTX+ numbers instead of the GTS 250)

I thought you meant they are getting 11k each, i about shit myself lol

welcome back

Back