I'm a little worried gusy, please give me your input to calm me down...?

there is a shimmering problem but was fixed in a driver release a month or so ago.

True dat DOC, but furthermore if i could buy a XFIRE mobo and 2 1800XTs TODAY and they rocvked the 7800s i would sell my crap and upgrade today! But it looks like thats not gonna be happening in the near future. I have no allegiance to any company but i do hate when someone is talking from something they heard or read and not had any expierience with.

TheBlueChanell said:
So, guys how about my original post...anewayz well I've decided since the x1800xt pwns the 7800 GTX in the firingsquad benchies I'm going to go get one, o wait....I can't find I'll guess I'll just wait for them to appear somewhere. The X1800's might have a shimmering problem too, but nobody knows because, they're knowhere to be found.

I stick to ATi's thinking on this, those jokes seemed great in my head but they look even better on paper. :p ....Get It. Lol.

Redefined said:
so your saying that the 7800 doesent have a shimmer problem?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2005/08/26/g70_texture_shimmer/

Red, why do you fucking care so much? Your sucking on ATi's pink little tit anyway. I have to see or experience this fucking "SHIMMERING" as about as much as I sense and feel a butterflies fart in China. I've had my BFG 7800GTX OC for 2 months and in NO game have I ever experience a *shimmering* experience.

so how noticeable is shimmering on nvidia or ati cards? does it only happen when u have af enabled?

IceWind said:
Red, why do you fucking care so much? You sucking on ATi's pink little tit anyway. I have to see or experience this fucking "SHIMMERING" as about as much as I sense and feel a butterflies fart in China.

i enjoy sucking on ati's pink tit, but anyways lets get back OT. when you play preety much any game (escpicially cs source) go up to a wall and move your mouse around. its like a strobe light when it shimmers. :eek:

Xeero said:
so how noticeable is shimmering on nvidia or ati cards? does it only happen when u have af enabled?

I have AF enabled in all my games and this "shimmering" its showing its ugly face in any shape or form and on my 2405, I would DEFINENTLY notice it.

IceWind said:
I have AF enabled in all my games and this "shimmering" its showing its ugly face in any shape or form and on my 2405, I would DEFINENTLY notice it.

if you had a crt moniter you would notice it better. maybe theres ghosting in your moniter and you cant see it.

Redefined said:
i enjoy sucking on ati's pink tit, but anyways lets get back OT. when you play preety much any game (escpicially cs source) go up to a wall and move your mouse around. its like a strobe light when it shimmers. :eek:

Yeah, it do it all the time in HL2 deathmatch in close quarters and guess what? *gasp* I don't notice a shimmering. The only thing I get is texture tearing as a result of my 7800GTX ripping the FPS past 60fps even at 1920x1200 with 8xAF all options fully maxed.

Wow, you "pwned" us poor current generation hardware users. BTW, why haven't you upgraded to this amazing card you talk about yet?

Redefined said:
if you had a crt moniter you would notice it better. maybe theres ghosting in your moniter and you cant see it.

Wow, dude have you been to my house recently in front of MY machine that I BUILT and that I PLAY and seriously noticed this? Wow? What day and time did you come because I wanna sit next to you and be ready to suck your cock the next time you come over to prove me wrong.

IceWind said:
Yeah, it do it all the time in HL2 deathmatch in close quarters and guess what? *gasp* I don't notice a shimmering. The only thing I get is texture tearing as a result of my 7800GTX ripping the FPS past 60fps even at 1920x1200 with 8xAF all options fully maxed.

i pull an average of 97fps with 1280x1024 max with my X850XT :eek:

What are you talking about red, First off you dont even own a 7800, secondly i Play CSS and DOD and i have no shimmering, and yes i move my mouse real fast and there isnt any problems whatsoever LOL! Oh and by the way youd get a lot more FPS if youd lose the inferior CPU you got under your hood not to mention that RAM.

IceWind said:
Ok, seriously, WTF Is this shimmer bullshit im hearing all of a sudden? I"ve got a OC GTX ona 2405 and and sure as hell dont' experience a fucking "shimmer" effect you guys are having a hard on sausage fest about. And my eyes are pretty sensivtive to little shit but I aint noticing one hoo haa of a "shimmering" "sparkling "twinkling, masturbating my dick" effect on my 7800
your eyes must be too "sensivitive" not to be able to see it.......

im sure if there are 2-3 sites remarking about this shimmering problem, its a problem

now, if you want to put this into comparasion about your post

just replace "7800" in your post with "black ipod nano" and "shimmering" with "scratches"

and "2450fp" with "my pocket"

soulsaver

DocFaustus said:
Wow, you "pwned" us poor current generation hardware users. BTW, why haven't you upgraded to this amazing card you talk about yet?

oh i will. im gunna keep sucking on ati's pink tit and maybe they will mail one to me. :D

Redefined said:
i pull an average of 97fps with 1280x1024 max with my X850XT :eek:

1280x1024 vs 1920x1200 rez?. Well no shit sherlock, my 6800GT did that easily also. Fuck, a Geforce 5900 could also. Is there a point to this?

Redefined said:
yes, as ive heard the 7800's only have MAJOR shimmer issues. like when you move your mouse in games... ur screen would gitch.

wow, do you worship ati... i mean damn dude...

go back and read all your posts in this thread... i truely feel sorry for you lack of logical thought

nvidia doesn't give a piss about you... and guess what, niether does ati

"as i've heard" = complete and utter b.s. "As i've heard" you are a douche.. see, it's fucking meaningless. Until you have personally ran a 7800, and personally had "shimmering" problems, you cannot say a word. Because, like it or not, you are talking out of your ass.

I think enough people have replied to your post regarding harware you dont own to conclusively prove that once again you are talking out your ass on a topic you know little about.

IceWind said:
1280x1024 vs 1920x1200 rez?. Well no shit sherlock, my 6800GT did that easily also. Fuck, a Geforce 5900 could also. Is there a point to this?

not really. i also doubt a 5900 can do that.

He shoulkd sell his X850 and but a 8500 to achieve those framerates lmao. RED your CPU is bringing you down!

IceWind said:
cussing is your strong suit over debating isnt it? ;)

as he said, 97fps........with a 6800? or 5900? links please?

soulsaver

soulsaver_8229 said:
your eyes must be too "sensivitive" not to be able to see it.......

im sure if there are 2-3 sites remarking about this shimmering problem, its a problem

now, if you want to put this into comparasion about your post

just replace "7800" in your post with "black ipod nano" and "shimmering" with "scratches"

and "2450fp" with "my pocket"

soulsaver

Cool, sucks to be people who have the shimmering, thats a bummer. But I don't, guess my lucky star was shining on me when I built my PC.

soulsaver_8229 said:
cussing is your strong suit over debating isnt it? ;)

as he said, 97fps........with a 6800? or 5900? links please?

soulsaver

nice soulsaver. you just pwned him.

Redefined said:
not really. i also doubt a 5900 can do that.

Well it would all depend on what game it was and settings dumbass. For all I know, you could be talking about Quake 2.

IceWind said:
Well it would all depend on what game it was and settings dumbass. For all I know, you could be talking about Quake 2.

wtf are you talking about. ur the dumbass. you said the 5900 can pull 97fps in source with the settings i said. i guess ur the one talking out of ur ass.

Icewind dont worry about it hes just upset that he is getting 97FPS on 2 year old hardware.

Redefined said:
wtf are you talking about. ur the dumbass. you said the 5900 can pull 97fps in source with the settings i said. i guess ur the one talking out of ur ass.

Its even harder to talk with a tit in your mouth

proof,

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind

Redefined said:
i pwned u once again.

Lol, enjoy your little dream world bud, you gave me a good laugh at lunch time today and I rather enjoyed it. Now if you'll excuse me.......

IceWind said:
Cool, sucks to be people who have the shimmering, thats a bummer. But I don't, guess my lucky star was shining on me when I built my PC.
first i point you to this link........for future refrence if a link if given to you
http://www.starfall.com/

next i will quote what was said on the article , for the lazy that is

. These texture issues do appear to vary from game to game and system to system, with some games appearing fine and some clearly having issues.

ComputerBase have included performance results with optimisations on for ForceWare 77.77 but no results with optimisations on for either ForceWare 71.84 or ForceWare 76.10, the driver revisions they are comparing to.

We have previously noted that there are big performance differences between the release 70 drivers and release 75 drivers and there is no performance delta recorded. Thus, the 30% performance differences that they are reporting between the drivers with different settings is unlikely to show up to the same degree if comparable results were included too.

There's also a second article over on 3DCenter, which shows some comparison videos of the shimmering - they're pretty large, but worth checking out if you want to understand what is going on.

We mentioned that NVIDIA also had these problems at the launch of GeForce 6. With GeForce 6, there were several months of poor availability before the availability issues were ironed out completely. Thus, many consumers didn't see the worst of the texture filtering problems that existed in early release 60 drivers.

take a look..........depends what games, drivers..........maybe your using older/newer or you dont play theg ames that are showing it.........none the less its a problem, and it has nothing to do with that EXACT video card of yours being lucky.........has to do with the fact your drivers are prolly eiather outdated/updated, or you dont play many many games

soulsaver

IceWind said:
name calling isnt lightly taken around here.........you should watch what you say

soulsaver

if there's any ownage in this thread, it's ati's marketing team, completely infiltrating your moronic little heads

look at the brighter picture, your devotion to this company is accomplishing one thing, buying canadian stockholders ferrari's

IceWind said:
Lol, enjoy your little dream world bud, you gave me a good laugh at lunch time today and I rather enjoyed it. Now if you'll excuse me.......

*still waits for link that a 5900 is pulling a 100fps in cs source with 1280x1024 max, 4aa

Verge said:
if there's any ownage in this thread, it's ati's marketing team, completely infiltrating your moronic little heads

look at the brighter picture, your devotion to this company is accomplishing one thing, buying canadian stockholders ferrari's
so i guess stock holders in nvida drive hondas right? :rolleyes:

holy crap i wish you guys would stop the flame wars, serriously, you make yourselfs look so small in comparasion to the problem, the problem is someone likes somthing over hte other

deal with it, get over it.........discus it, debate..........dont freeking name call over it, its the internet for god sakes........

and to the person i quoted...........youll sleep tonight im sure, i dont think youll lose sleep, and by all means dont name call, its against the rules here :)

soulsaver

Man im having a hard time playing Half Life 2 on my secondary PC running a X800XT-PE i keep getting shimmering or flashing on my moniter, im using the latest Cats what gives, damn ATI card and this shimmering bug

Back