im 23 and still think they should make a Better 3d poemon game!

Wow Dan, you haven't heard of a lot of the more decent cartoons in the 90s apparently. :p

Wow Dan, you haven't heard of a lot of the more decent cartoons in the 90s apparently. :p

I wasn't really a kid for most of the 1990's. I was more interested in Pokeyourmom rather than Pokemon, had a job and spent a lot of time trying to get laid in the 1990's. I watched Batman the Animated Series and Batman Beyond when they first aired. That's about it. Even Superman the Animated Series was something I caught long after it had been cancelled.

I guess I was born at the right time (for cartoons if nothing else), growing up I had a lot of 80s cartoons on TV as well as the new 90s stuff. So I grew up watching the best of the 80s as well as the 90s :p

Wow, I can't believe how immature people are being here. You guys realize you're not in HS/MS anymore, right? You sound like immature teens "You play x hahahahaha".

Geez.

Anyway, see how "kiddy" this is

I mostly just watched Spongebob to be honest, the new ones suck though.

To be honest, judging someone for the TV shows they watched just makes you look like an immature idiot.

To be honest, judging someone for the TV shows they watched just makes you look like an immature idiot.

....Or what games you play. Anyway, speaking of TV shows, the new seasons of Pokemon anime are actually very good. Previously it was very campy and monotonous but they have really changed it up and the villains are actually competent now and don't get "blasted off" anymore, hell they don't even show up in every ep either.

No one is judging people for the TV shows they watched, I'm judging the TV shows themselves :p

eg. "Pokemon is shit", opposed to "people who are interested in Pokemon are shit". There's a difference :p

Taking criticism of a TV show you watch as a personal insult or judgement makes you look an immature idiot. ;)

No one is judging people for the TV shows they watched, I'm judging the TV shows themselves :p

eg. "Pokemon is shit", opposed to "people who are interested in Pokemon are shit". There's a difference :p

Taking criticism of a TV show you watch as a personal insult or judgement makes you look an immature idiot. ;)

Maybe you should reread some posts, I don't think you have read anything past the last page. If you have, you must have missed all the insults thrown at people who like pokemon.

Maybe you should reread some posts, I don't think you have read anything past the last page. If you have, you must have missed all the insults thrown at people who like pokemon.

Seriously, this is like stupid middle school immaturity.

I'm sure plenty of people here could be made fun of for all the perverted anime/hentai they own/watch, among other things. I doubt most here have even gave the newer games a try, yet they joke and make fun just because.

Perhaps you'd like to point them out to me, because I have read this thread (maybe I skimmed some posts and missed them) and saw very few insults levelled at actual people opposed to insults levelled at the product itself.

There were a couple of genuine insults which appeared facetious rather than malicious... such as "Pokemon is for virgins" followed by a Voltron image :p

There's more "wahhh, stop insulting/judging" posts in this thread than there are actual insulting/judging posts to complain about :p

Perhaps you'd like to point them out to me, because I have read this thread (maybe I skimmed some posts and missed them) and saw very few insults levelled at actual people opposed to insults levelled at the product itself.

There were a couple of genuine insults which appeared facetious rather than malicious... such as "Pokemon is for virgins" followed by a Voltron image :p

There's more "wahhh, stop insulting/judging" posts in this thread than there are actual insulting/judging posts to complain about :p

But by insulting the product the way they are, they are indirectly insulting the people who like it. Imagine how upset people would get if I said "Soccer is a sissy sport" or "Anime is just for losers with no lives".

But by insulting the product the way they are, they are indirectly insulting the people who like it. Imagine how upset people would get if I said "Soccer is a sissy sport" or "Anime is just for losers with no lives".

Funny, coz I agree with both those statements, lol. ;)

People need to lighten the fuck up (or harden the fuck up, as the case may be). People are allowed to not like shit, and they're allowed to say why they don't like that shit, if you happen to like the shit and take it as an insult, that's your problem. If people were coming around saying "You're an idiot for liking that" or some such, then yeah, I'd be agreeing with you, but they're not (aside from the aforementioned facetious insults).

Is Pokemon childish? Of course it's friggin childish, just look at it :p That doesn't mean you have to get insulted when people call it childish. There's plenty of childish things I still like as a 26 year old for various reasons. Be secure enough in yourself to not get insulted when the childish things you enjoy get called childish, especially on an internet forum of all places.

This has actually been a far more mature thread than I thought it would be simply for the fact there have been little to no actual insults of people and very little school-yard-like shit slinging. :p

skeletor.jpg

Pokemon was awesome back in the day. I dropped off around the Johto league started though. I miss Misty. :eek: She was hot! Yea... she was like 10.... but I wasn't much older.

That said, I would love a nice Pokemon MMO or even a console like game.... on a console. Might give me a reason to plug my console back in.

Whoa, whoa whoa. Not all sports are about beating the shit out of each other with pads on :rolleyes: (Just picking on you).

In the 90's I was in Germany growing up, went to a Catholic school (not nuns). I mostly watched some show about a Fox or something? Idk, all the animals could talk. Then there was that "Watership Down" cartoon, basically very gritty atmosphere, rabbits slaughtered each other, blood everywhere, guts, etc. I think that's why I'm so pumped up all the time now haha. I did watch Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh when I came to the states when I was around 8, but then again, that's all I found interesting. I didn't watch Dragonball Z until like 12-13 since I didn't really know about it at the time (for whatever reason). Otherstuff like Pinky and the Brain, Animaniancs, Tiny Toons, all that garbage. I didn't particularly like watching those, but when you're 6-7 what the hell else is there to do?

Also liked Doug and Hey Arnold in the states, those two kicked ass.

Dan_D said:
I wasn't really a kid for most of the 1990's. I was more interested in Pokeyourmom rather than Pokemon, had a job and spent a lot of time trying to get laid in the 1990's. I watched Batman the Animated Series and Batman Beyond when they first aired. That's about it. Even Superman the Animated Series was something I caught long after it had been cancelled.

Trying to get laid? How does one try to get laid? Also did you succeed at least? :confused:

Everything you said and Pictures

Totally agree! Although, I have to agree with 90's cartoons being great too. Forgot about a lot of those listed. It's at least better than most of the crap now.

Ever see that cartoon Exosquad? Right before it was cancelled, they were linking Robotech into the universe. Animation was pretty bad, but story was ok. Last episode, had this huge battle, but then this massive ship tears into our galaxy like the first episode of Robotech. The the show ended. But they had Robotech Mech toys made still and it officially said Exosquad: Robotech.

I want a good Robotech game :)

(I have a Veritech and Battle pod on my desk :p Which reminds me. I need to look for Kyron's Marauder/Officer's Pod. Loved that thing)

Last edited:
Is Pokemon childish? Of course it's friggin childish, just look at it :p

just look at this:

tumblr_m67pyxKPu71qa7ijbo5_1280.png

also, perhaps the naysayers of pokemon have written it off on its appearance alone, instead of gameplay. Pokemon was the first RPG i ever played, so that's a big reason i think fondly of it as a whole (childish art be damned). I later played shining force and final fantasy, and the gameplay in all of these is quite similar. However, pokemon had--still has--a fun unique twist where your party is 6 creatures you catch. It is a solid game.

just look at this:

tumblr_m67pyxKPu71qa7ijbo5_1280.png

also, perhaps the naysayers of pokemon have written it off on its appearance alone, instead of gameplay. Pokemon was the first RPG i ever played, so that's a big reason i think fondly of it as a whole (childish art be damned). I later played shining force and final fantasy, and the gameplay in all of these is quite similar. However, pokemon had--still has--a fun unique twist where your party is 6 creatures you catch. It is a solid game.

Yeah, I don't understand that complaint. There are a ton of so-called "real" RPGs that have the exact same graphical style (older FF games, tons of portable RPG games, etc).

My guess is people dissing on the game never actually played it.

Yeah, I don't understand that complaint. There are a ton of so-called "real" RPGs that have the exact same graphical style (older FF games, tons of portable RPG games, etc).

My guess is people dissing on the game never actually played it.

No the pony level is stupid as fuck. The rest of the game is great and not that immature but the pony level is just stupid. I think they were going for a drastic juxtaposition from the rest of the game by putting ponies, flowers, and rainbows in it, which is fine if they had other 'real' secret levels like cow town.

Actually this is probably my biggest complaint about the game. But I'm sure they'll put in a real secret level later......that we'll have to pay for of course.

But I personally don't think what we do for entertainment reflects our actual maturity. I mean how mature is watching football and rooting for 'your team' whom you actually have no affiliation with. It's more immature than playing a game because your just watch others play a game. It would be like watching other people play Pokeman vs playing it yourself.

Only true gauge of maturity is peoples actions. I say this mostly because I often get called immature because I play games and watch anime. But I finished my undergrad at 21 and finished Grad school at 25 (Obviously not an English major) and have a very successful job.

But the world doesn't work that way because people are too immature to accurately gauge maturity.

No the pony level is stupid as fuck. The rest of the game is great and not that immature but the pony level is just stupid. I think they were going for a drastic juxtaposition from the rest of the game by putting ponies, flowers, and rainbows in it, which is fine if they had other 'real' secret levels like cow town.

Actually this is probably my biggest complaint about the game. But I'm sure they'll put in a real secret level later......that we'll have to pay for of course.

I was talking about Pokemon, but...okay? :p

But I personally don't think what we do for entertainment reflects our actual maturity. I mean how mature is watching football and rooting for 'your team' whom you actually have no affiliation with. It's more immature than playing a game because your just watch others play a game. It would be like watching other people play Pokeman vs playing it yourself.

Only true gauge of maturity is peoples actions. I say this mostly because I often get called immature because I play games and watch anime. But I finished my undergrad at 21 and finished Grad school at 25 (Obviously not an English major) and have a very successful job.

But the world doesn't work that way because people are too immature to accurately gauge maturity.

Tell 'em SteveDave!

Pokemon 3D might never come true because there's 2 reasons;

1) There's no market for a Pokemon console game. Pokemon was made to be played by little Japanese kids aged 3-10. You really think these kids would care about GRAPHICS and etcs? Nintendo will just make sure that these audiences can afford, play, and keep buying the same game as long as their fun value is high, and this is coming from an Asian.

2) 3D will not revolutionize Pokemon. Compared to other games like Mario or Metroid, The fundamental of Pokemon will not change. It will look prettier, but the gameplay will still stay the same. 3D allowed Mario, a 2D platformer to transform into a 3D action game in Mario64. 3D allowed metroid to trasfrom into a FPS. But 3D will not change Pokeman, period.

Whoa, whoa whoa. Not all sports are about beating the shit out of each other with pads on :rolleyes: (Just picking on you).

In the 90's I was in Germany growing up, went to a Catholic school (not nuns). I mostly watched some show about a Fox or something? Idk, all the animals could talk. Then there was that "Watership Down" cartoon, basically very gritty atmosphere, rabbits slaughtered each other, blood everywhere, guts, etc. I think that's why I'm so pumped up all the time now haha. I did watch Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh when I came to the states when I was around 8, but then again, that's all I found interesting. I didn't watch Dragonball Z until like 12-13 since I didn't really know about it at the time (for whatever reason). Otherstuff like Pinky and the Brain, Animaniancs, Tiny Toons, all that garbage. I didn't particularly like watching those, but when you're 6-7 what the hell else is there to do?

Also liked Doug and Hey Arnold in the states, those two kicked ass.

Trying to get laid? How does one try to get laid? Also did you succeed at least? :confused:

Yes, I succeeded many times. :)

Totally agree! Although, I have to agree with 90's cartoons being great too. Forgot about a lot of those listed. It's at least better than most of the crap now.

Ever see that cartoon Exosquad? Right before it was cancelled, they were linking Robotech into the universe. Animation was pretty bad, but story was ok. Last episode, had this huge battle, but then this massive ship tears into our galaxy like the first episode of Robotech. The the show ended. But they had Robotech Mech toys made still and it officially said Exosquad: Robotech.

I want a good Robotech game :)

(I have a Veritech and Battle pod on my desk :p Which reminds me. I need to look for Kyron's Marauder/Officer's Pod. Loved that thing)

Yeah I watched Exo Squad. Forgot about that one too. Been awhile but yeah, there were some great cartoons in the 1990's without people have to resort to childish Pokemon. But to each their own I guess.

After playing Pokemon yelllow all those years ago, i felt the same way. It could be reimagined in a really fun way for 3d environments as opposed to 2d on the gameboy.

Hahahaha this thread is too funny... But in all seriousness, why would Nintendo go through the effort if it already brings in plenty of cash :-P

Back