Illinois.....LANaholics RETURNS!!!! Nov 11th

Pagan Wizard

2[H]4U
Thats right, I said we are back. Go to www.lanaholics.org for all the details. We will be holding our reunion LAN at Walter Payton's Roundhouse (yes, our old stomping grounds) in Aurora Illinois. For those who might be interested, this is a resturaunt/micro-brewery/etc. etc/as well as home of the Walter Payton museum. Their web site for directions and other neat info is http://www.americasbrewpub.com/ . Hopefully Neccessary Evil (and anyone else who may have been a part of this lan) is still out here in the world of [H] and gets this, as I know he used to be part of this ass kickin lan.

UPDATE.......The LAN is set for Nov 11th

It’s on! The first Lanaholics event in quite a while is finally a reality!! Mark your calendars for Saturday, November 11th, 2006.

The details are:

Date/Time: 11/11/06 9am – 12am (midnight for the time-impaired)

Place: Walter Payton’s Roundhouse – Aurora, IL

Food: 2 meals served, unlimited pop

Extras: 1 Keg of Beer (ID’s will be checked) & 1 Keg of RH Root Beer

Price: $25 as a prepay, $30 at the door

All of our alums should be able to remember the unique and amazing times we had at the Roundhouse – let’s do it again!!

So kids, get ready to pack your rigs and your skills, we will be having a great time that day!

Registration will open within the next week, so check back often – and tell your friends! This event is open to guys and gals that are 21 and over, and we will check ID's since beer will be served.

Unfortunatly since alchohal will be present we have to stick by the 21 and older age limit. We plan on allowing under 21 if we hold any future lanpartys beyond this one. Those will require a waiver to be signed by a parent or legal guardian. So no for this event, 21 or older but maybe for future ones.

Registration is limited to only 40 seats for our first LAN, more seats might be added for future LAN's if needed. As of my posting the following info, 10 of those 40 seats are already filled.

LANparty Registration OPEN
Written by Lanaholics Administrator

LAN Registration for the November 11th Lanparty is now OPEN. You will need to first register a username and password on the Lanaholics.org site. After that is done notice on the frontpage bottom RIGHT there is a bunch of good information about the Lanparty and an "Enrol for the Event" link. Simply click that link and you are registered.

The next step would be to prepay which is currently not available...yet. That will become available in the next week or so and we will announce it prior. After prepays are open those that do prepay will have first shot to create teams/clans and signup for the available Tourneys. Both the event and Tourneys will have limited space so we highly encourage those that can to prepay. If you have any other questions or suggestions please post in the forums.

UPDATE.........23 of 40 seats are taken. This one is filling up fast. PayPal is still not yet available, but it should be in a few short days.

Dark_Captain said:
.....idk how hard u guyas r on ids

If this is supposed to mean "I don't know how [H]ard you guys are on ID's" , your answer is VERY!!! With this being our first LAN in almost 4 years (possibly even longer than that) we are going out of our way to avoid a major issue. We do not want to have Walter Payton's Roundhouse liable for ANYTHING. If this LAN is a success, and it looks as if it will be with more than half of the seats pre-registered, we will most likely allow under 21 at future lans, but then and only then. As stated in one of my earlier posts "We plan on allowing under 21 if we hold any future lanpartys beyond this one. Those will require a waiver to be signed by a parent or legal guardian. So no for this event, 21 or older but maybe for future ones."

Paypal payments for the upcoming Lanaholics Reunion LANparty are now being accepted! To pay you must first Enrol then Click the Pay link in the bottom right corner. After payment verification you will be marked as paid and allowed to move onto choosing teams and tourneys. If you have any questions or comments please post them in the Lanaholics forum at anytime. Again paypal payments are being accepted for the upcoming LANparty and only the first paid 40 people will be allowed in, we close the doors at that point.

One more update.....28 of 40 seats are pre-registered, and 7 of those have already paid.

29 seats pre-registered, 8 are paid, and only 11 seats remain available. If you want to go to this one, you need to get registered soon!!!

Tell me what major city you live close to an I will try my best to find a lan party for you.

31 pre-registered now, with 9 of those paid. A mere 9 seats remain available, and the lan is still two months away.

Some friends and I might be interested, I'll have to run it by them. I live about 50 miles west (Dixon/Sterling for those who know) and go to Aurora often.. sounds like fun.

I'm going to try to make it. I'll let some friends know, see if I can get anyone else to go.

Hopefully it won't be as cold at night as it was at the DeKalb one back in 03....I don't want to be bundled underneath my change of clothes for warmth :p

I'll let the guys from LANExtreme (now defunct) know.

(FYI: Enroll has 2 l's ;) )

Unfortunately we will not be doing a 2 day event for the reunion. Staff and volunteers who show up Friday for the setup, and a few drinks and cigars, can stay at a local hotel if they wish rather than drive home and back out Saturday morning.

for $25 i hope you guys have some really good prizes or something.

seems kind of excessive for a lan party in my opinion.

Yes there will most likely be swag from sponsors, but, you also need to understand that there will be 2 meals as well as a keg of beer and a keg of root beer included with the $25 registration fee. So as you can see, there is quite a bit included in that price tag.

As of the time of this posting, the site is showing 18 of 40 have prepaid. I personally know of 3 more that have paid making it 21of 40. If you are interested in joining us, and meet the minimum age requirement of 21, you can register, prepay, and bump someone off the list. The only way to guarantee a spot at this lan is to prepay. Once we have 40 people prepaid, registration will be locked.

Just wanted to also ask, how much time before the lan happens before this site makes the thread a sticky???

Journier said:
what kind of beer :)

We will find out the answer to that when we get there. Walter Paytons Roundhouse has its own built in micro-brewery, and, we will be getting a keg of beer as well as a keg of root beer from them.

The lan is This upcoming Saturday. There are 16 unpaid registrations. If you show up at the door before they are all paid (paypal is closed) you can take away someones unpaid seat. Keep in mind though, you MUST be at least 21 years old, and be able to prove it with a photo ID, or you will be turned away.

I'm sorry(and mad) that I missed it!

But, I had to visit the grandparents --they're not doing very well. :(

I promise I'll be there next time.

sharkapult said:
I'm sorry(and mad) that I missed it!

But, I had to visit the grandparents --they're not doing very well. :(

I promise I'll be there next time.

Sorry to hear that man. Hope things are looking better for them soon.

We are already planning our next event tennatively for some time in February. As soon as we have a date set in stone, I will deffinately post it here. Staff at LANaholics, including myself, were very pleased to see that this thread generated over 500 hits before our event.

If i only had a car.... next time hold this somewhere accessable to public transit.

Actually the Metra Train stops at Walter Payton's Roundhouse. In fact, the train station is attached to Roundhouse.

roundhouse.jpg

The red X on the right is where the train stops. The circular building is Walter Paytons Roundhouse, the rectangular building attached to it, is the train station. Follow the red line to the left, notice the last left turn, that will take you into RH instead of the train station. I will post further instructions when our next lan approaches.

Just in case you missed our re-union LAN, you can check out the LAN reviews and pics at www.lanaholics.org.

Our re-union LAN was so well received that plans are in the works for another LAN in late February or early March. Once again it will be held at Walter Payton's RoundHouse in lovely Aurora, Illinois. Check our website for updates and details.

Thanks again to all that attended. Looking foreward to seeing you... and hopefully some new faces next time.

Waveforme
LANaholics staff ( and general pain in the ass )

Back