Ikea desk gallery

Hey guys - first post on the boards. I was wondering if anyone using the Vika Annefors could grab the inside width between the legs. I'm planning out a new desk and was looking to fit a 600T in there.

Last edited:
I used to have a galant table but now moved to a smaller Ikea table.

DSC_0014.jpg

Nice 650D, my friend just showed me this case today, because he might use it in my new PC build.

Hey guys - first post on the boards. I was wondering if anyone using the Vika Annefors could grab the inside width between the legs. I'm planning out a new desk and was looking to fit a 600T in there.
The pieces are 2" thick, so subtract 4" for width and height, and 2" for depth. So:

Outside Width: 13 3/4 "
Outside Depth: 22 7/8 "
Outside Height: 27 1/2 "

Inside Width: 9 3/4 "
Inside Depth: 20 7/8 "
Inside Height: 23 1/2 "

600T dimensions: 20" (H) x 23.3" (L) x 10.4" (W)

Nope, 600T is too wide and too deep. You'll need to add a couple inches of depth for the cables on the back of any such case, unless you cut out some holes for them. My friend has a CM RC-690 in there. He has a thin shelf (from an old bookcase) on the bottom, with wheels mounted near the front underside of the shelf, so the case and shelf stick out a couple inches. He was going to cut a hole in the back for the plugs, but he got lazy, since the shelf idea worked out ok.

Thanks a bunch. I think I'm going to whip up a side cart from their Besta line. I'm making the trip out to New Haven on Sunday so I'll update with pics then.

Depends on the size of your amon top. There are several sizes, but if the one you have doesn't fit, you could always get some cheap arms or wallmounts from monoprice.

it fits the monitor, i'm just wondering if there is a "weight limit" for these things and if this would be too much. Hope that makes better sense.

it fits the monitor, i'm just wondering if there is a "weight limit" for these things and if this would be too much. Hope that makes better sense.
Psh, I've got a 66lb CRT sittin on mine, lol, so it'll handle 3x15lb-25"-LCD's just fine. :p

It doesn't look like this anymore (that was about 6yrs ago), but you get the idea.

Psh, I've got a 66lb CRT sittin on mine, lol, so it'll handle 3x15lb-25"-LCD's just fine. :p

It doesn't look like this anymore (that was about 6yrs ago), but you get the idea.

Awesome, thank you so much. What is the stand called that you have your printer on? Been looking for that on the ikea site, can't find it

Looking at where the legs are, I want to bet that the printer stand is custom made: Capita legs ($10-14 per 4-pack depending on height) + a suitable shelf

Looking at where the legs are, I want to bet that the printer stand is custom made: Capita legs ($10-14 per 4-pack depending on height) + a suitable shelf
Yup. It was inspired by the JerLaPita thread. I've changed it to a much longer plank now (and matching white color). :D That setup had been dismantled for a while, but I recently put it back together (still not done with the room, though). Got tired of my jerker (never got around to adding the "la-pita" lol), and galant is just too pricey for me right now.

edit: Heh, I think the capitas went up by about $4 since '06, and the amon tabletops are $10 more now, too. Oh, the curry legs are cheaper now, though, hehe.

Last edited:
heh never knew there was an IKEA desk thread, this is awesome lol

VIKA AMON + ANNEFORS, two of them (white) placed at 90 degrees :D

6167372076_85d489f4c5_b.jpg

Where's the iPhone and iPod?

Never mind. I found the iPhone. iPod anywhere in the pic?

i have a couple ipods, not sure if there is any in the pic but that side of the room is already overloaded lol... there is a 27" iMac, Mac Mini and tons of other stuff on the opposite wall i am standing in front of to take that photo... that room is kinda like a hobby room/man cave lol, i spend a lot of time in there so lotsa random gadgets :D

I have my share of Apple stuff too.

Fully optioned out MBA (the wife has a strangle hold on it, though)
iPad 2 64Gb
3rd Gen iPod Touch 64Gb
Newest AppleTV
AirPort Express AP (the Apple stuff doesn't like my FiOS router)

Can someone with a Fredrik desk tell me what heights the desk surface can be mounted? Specifically, between the 24" and 36" range. Also, same deal for a galant. I'm trying to decide between the two at the moment and I just don't want to drive 4 hours without doing some research.

I see, that's good to know. Thanks a lot. How about the A legs, are they the same way?

A-Legs are a PITA to work with. You need to twist them to level each one indivdually, they also take up more space and stick out further than the table than the T's, go with the T's, must better.

A-Legs are a PITA to work with. You need to twist them to level each one indivdually, they also take up more space and stick out further than the table than the T's, go with the T's, must better.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Anyone have any height measurements for the Fredrik?

Has anyone ever used a dual monitor arm on the galant desks? I have this one: and I don't think it will be a problem. I had it on my old Jonas desk for years without issue. But the Galant is a thinner desk and so I wanted to know if anyone had used something similar. I have seen lots of single Monitor mounts, but no dual ones which will put more pressure in one spot.

Has anyone ever used a dual monitor arm on the galant desks? I have this one: and I don't think it will be a problem. I had it on my old Jonas desk for years without issue. But the Galant is a thinner desk and so I wanted to know if anyone had used something similar. I have seen lots of single Monitor mounts, but no dual ones which will put more pressure in one spot.

I am running a triple monitor setup on mine without an issue. Granted our mounting systems are different.

mc40.JPG

Last edited:
I am running a triple monitor setup on mine without an issue. Granted our mounting systems are different.

I had seen your setup, and it makes me think it won't be a problem. Even if the mounting on the side of the desk causes issues, I could always drill a hole and mount it closer to the center of gravity.

Thanks for the quick response.

schapman43, not sure how thick the carpet is but don't you want to put a piece of wood (or some other solid surface) under that case?. BTW, like how those T-legs prevent the case from being accidentally knocked off.

schapman43, not sure how thick the carpet is but don't you want to put a piece of wood (or some other solid surface) under that case?. BTW, like how those T-legs prevent the case from being accidentally knocked off.

It is actually up on wheels. The carpet has a fairly high pile with pad underneath. It sits up high enough......... but a piece of glass or plate aluminum might be kind of cool underneath it...... :)

Stay away from craigslist, I swear it's an Ikea curse that keeps calling me to buy more dam desks for no reason because they're so cheap (Mint Birch T-leg Galant with 4' extension for $80). Think I'm going to do a layout like yours Schapman, I really like the look with the left / right L's.

Stay away from craigslist, I swear it's an Ikea curse that keeps calling me to buy more dam desks for no reason because they're so cheap (Mint Birch T-leg Galant with 4' extension for $80). Think I'm going to do a layout like yours Schapman, I really like the look with the left / right L's.

I picked one of them up off craigslist and then lost patience and bought the other one straight out from Ikea.

I've done the same thing on Craigslist though. At one time I had 3 jerkers :)

schapman43 did you copy me? :p. i am curious though, what are the dimensions for the wood in the middle of the desk? i am using one thats almost 32x24. yours looks alot smaller? do they have a new attachment out for the galant?

schapman43 did you copy me? :p. i am curious though, what are the dimensions for the wood in the middle of the desk? i am using one thats almost 32x24. yours looks alot smaller? do they have a new attachment out for the galant?

LOL, I'll have to go and check out your setup.

The center piece is the same you have but I cut mine in half and then modified the frame to fit.

Doing some reconstructing and repainting over the next few months to my place. Will take some pics throughout, and show you all the finished product. I'm excited to finally do it!

I live on a second floor apartment, with a bedroom and a living room, and bathroom. I share a kitchen, but the only access to it is across the hall, down the stairs, through the rest of the place, and back. Will be building a staircase down from my apartment right to the kitchen (I'm right above it) and then getting some new furniture and repainting everything. Should look very nice. I'm prepping it for the fiance, as we are getting married in May and she will be moving in then. Gonna be a long winter!

Back