Ikea desk gallery

Here is a shoddy pic of my new setup as my Galant just arrived.

I got my work cisco phone/work monitor next to a 24 inch Dell HD monitor. In front of the Dell I have my Sony Vaio FW laptop, then I have my Macbook on an Mstand, followed by another 24 inch Dell monitor.

galantlist.jpg

thanks for the kind comments guys!

I'm really enjoying the setup ... just waiting to get that ATI 5000 series card for Eyefinity ;)

Thanks!

I had to drill holes into the shelf where I place the lights and at the back of the shelf where I fished the wiring through.

I managed to tuck the wires behind the shelving and ran them towards the corner of the room and down a wiring conduit that I bought from home depot. I'm planning on painting that conduit black to match the walls so it's more seamless.

All the wiring runs down the conduit to the transformer that is attached underneath the table where I've also placed the switch.

cool, thanks for the info, i looked back at the pics and can see the conduit, good idea. i have white walls so that would work for me :D however, i'm all thumbs when it comes to putting together stuff so i may have to evaluate the situation before going all in :cool:

I'm looking to get new hardwood floors in the near future. I love the colour black. I'm itching to get a Galant very soon. Which colour hardwood floors would match the black-brown colour of the Galant series?

I'm looking to get new hardwood floors in the near future. I love the colour black. I'm itching to get a Galant very soon. Which colour hardwood floors would match the black-brown colour of the Galant series?
Hardwood flooring costs in the thousands compared to a couple hundred for a Galant desk. I suggest you make your hardwoods the priority. Besides, black goes with just about everything. I've got a dark brown Galant but I don't think this color is available any longer.

Can someone tell me how sturdy the Fredrick is? Looking at this picture, it seems to hold up fine.

But I just read through this Fredrik vs. Jerker thread and people say it is really wobbly.

They are absolutely rock solid. I am a VERY big boy and I wouldn't even hesitate to stand on the desk part or any of the shelves. Stability is the same.

I'm not sure i'd agree with you on this. Mine is a little wobbly if I hit hard against it or smack it while playing Crysis online!!

I most certainly wouldn't stand on it..

Saying all that they aren't bad for the price..

Just got my Galant corner left unpacked, and my old desk disassembled. Time to start putting it all together.

BTW, anyone have a chair mat recommendation that /actually/ works for mid/high pile carpet?

Nice setups! I will have to check out Ikea. The thing that catches my eye are the awesome systems.

this is an actual shelving unit that was availble at the time the jerker desks were made. I was told by the original owner that he bought both items together about 2 years ago.

it comes just as you see it, and the tiers can be adjusted to whatever height you deisre, just like the desk

I have the same shelving unit. I love it. I had this setup until last week when I took it apart due to my upcoming move to my new house.

DSC01504.JPG

DSC01505.JPG

DSC01506.JPG

DSC01507.JPG

DSC01508.JPG

quique55, i love how you tied those shelves in together with your desk!
i wish they were still available, i would love to have one or two.

I have the same shelving unit. I love it. I had this setup until last week when I took it apart due to my upcoming move to my new house.

*SNIP*

Did you have that desk on Craigslist recently? I emailed you not too long ago about it. I like the TV shelf idea. I mentioned as much in the email. I also asked if you would sell and ship the leg extension parts to Kentucky.

I never heard back from you so I assumed that was a no.

I still like your desk though. If by some crazy chance you still have it, or anyone else here for that matter...

cjhard at google's very popular email service dot com

I'm pretty sure this is a Galant, but can someone double confirm it with me? And no, the seller doesn't know what model it is lol

I'm pretty sure this is a Galant, but can someone double confirm it with me? And no, the seller doesn't know what model it is lol

Yeah, that's an old galant. They don't make it with those legs anymore. They have either the A-legs or the T-legs. That old galant style was discontinued back in 2006.

Yeah, that's an old galant. They don't make it with those legs anymore. They have either the A-legs or the T-legs. That old galant style was discontinued back in 2006.
seriously? I hope that doesn't mean they suck.. cos i'm getting them in a few hours' time. By the way, i hope you did see the leg at the left side, cos it's looks like an A leg, or am i wrong? :confused:

seriously? I hope that doesn't mean they suck.. cos i'm getting them in a few hours' time. By the way, i hope you did see the leg at the left side, cos it's looks like an A leg, or am i wrong? :confused:

You're right, I was wrong. That is an A-leg galant.

just got a fredrik..can anyone recommend some kind of "mat" for my keyboard and mouse so its not directly on top of the wood

Back