IKEA Announces Furniture With Built-In Smart TV

This looks like something that would be badass for a small dorm/apartment/condo.

1) This isn't beautiful. It's simplistic. It's for living in small apartments in New York or something where space is limited. My girlfriend likes their shit, I foresee myself buying real furniture in my 30's and would rather save for that than buying this stuff inbetween

2) Their shit IS expensive for stupid furniture

3) Does it look bad overall? No, I mean, it's... simplistic - hence being made in factories and build it yourself. Is it a ripoff? Well - sort of, but I've seen a million times worse

4) Can you upgrade this? Fuck no. You won't be able to do a damn thing. Where is your PS3 and it's wires gonna go, fucker? This was my FIRST thought the moment I saw it. What if I want to toss in a $500 surround system upgrade?

1) This isn't beautiful. It's simplistic. It's for living in small apartments in New York or something where space is limited. My girlfriend likes their shit, I foresee myself buying real furniture in my 30's and would rather save for that than buying this stuff inbetween

2) Their shit IS expensive for stupid furniture

3) Does it look bad overall? No, I mean, it's... simplistic - hence being made in factories and build it yourself. Is it a ripoff? Well - sort of, but I've seen a million times worse

4) Can you upgrade this? Fuck no. You won't be able to do a damn thing. Where is your PS3 and it's wires gonna go, fucker? This was my FIRST thought the moment I saw it. What if I want to toss in a $500 surround system upgrade?

Agree completely. I like IKEA for some things but honestly a lot of their furniture is fucking expensive for how it appears quality-wise.

I don't like the idea of everything being "built-in" to this. You just know that most of the hardware is going to be cheap-ass shit.

Ahem.

Everything is also old.

1066254511_PZzDG-L.jpg

Nothing new here. Move Along............

1)

I think it targets consumers who doesn't buy a new TV every 2-3 years. This is for people who buy a TV and use it for at least 5 years and doesn't upgrade stuff.

Nearly every modern convenience you see in this world is nearly due to American innovation and ingenuity.

haha, care to name of those :D

American innovation and ingenuity, oh man :D:D:D

mean to say "care to name a few of those" :D

IKEA commercial -> American [H] forum users (look, the first specific post of this thread -_-) claiming to be the best at something subjective. Oh internet.

I think it targets consumers who doesn't buy a new TV every 2-3 years. This is for people who buy a TV and use it for at least 5 years and doesn't upgrade stuff.

Nonetheless, when I buy furniture I'd want it to last more than 5 years, and I don't think that's a minority opinion.

Back