IGN's 2012 Great Gaming Survey

Maplehamwich

[H]ard|Gawd
IGN has put out a survey to gather information from gamers about who they are and what they do. I think this is a neat idea, and as IGN is who they are (industry connections) it may help influence publisher attitudes towards PC gamers. Who knows? I filled it out just incase that possibility actually exists.

http://www.ign.com/surveys/great-gaming/

Last edited:
I was halfway done filling it out, then it went ape-sh*t. Gave up.

Hurray, I finally get to tell somebody that I don't give a flying fuck about consoles.

Let's just hope that somebody listens.

Fuck this survey, it takes forever to complete. One of the first questions is what platforms do you own/play on. I answered only PC and for the next 5 pages or so I'm being asked a bunch of questions about xboxes, cell phones and used games and shit. If I wasn't getting payed right now I wouldn't be filling this out.

Did the survey. The fact that they continually refer to the PC as a "console" pissed me off, though. :p Especially later into it when they refer to "consoles" and it's clear they mean non-PC.

I also don't understand the "What else do you do while gaming" thing. How many people watch movies/TV while actually playing a game? Same with working out/exercise.

Did the survey. The fact that they continually refer to the PC as a "console" pissed me off, though. :p Especially later into it when they refer to "consoles" and it's clear they mean non-PC.

I also don't understand the "What else do you do while gaming" thing. How many people watch movies/TV while actually playing a game? Same with working out/exercise.

Yeah. I thought it was hilarious when they asked what else do you do while gaming. I was like... I game when I game...

I know that millions of WoW players often watch TV or Movies while playing WoW or other MMO's in general , this is actually quite common.

I use my second monitor to surf on while I game during certain points (stuck on something , waiting for a game to load). However the working out/exercise one kinda threw me off.. that's perhaps the one time you shouldn't game but instead focus on keeping your body alive long to keep enjoying your gaming hobby.

"Which of the following real-life retailers do you prefer to shop from in person when buying new game software"

Microcenter. WTF? Why not have "other" as one of the options?

Well for working out(more like exercise) I still do this occasionally with my Xbox 360 and treadmill. Sometimes there aren't any good movies to watch and I just play on my xbox while on the treadmill(depends on if I run or just walk). But yeah, a lot of the options were stupid.

I dont own a console god damn it. Great Gaming Survey my ass

Shit survey is shit

Do I get anything for filling out the survey? Free game keys, IGN prime, beta keys, etc? Or am I just filling out a long-ass sounding survey just for their enlightenment purposes.

Do I get anything for filling out the survey? Free game keys, IGN prime, beta keys, etc? Or am I just filling out a long-ass sounding survey just for their enlightenment purposes.

Small blue writing that says SURVEY COMPLETED. That's it...

I know that millions of WoW players often watch TV or Movies while playing WoW or other MMO's in general , this is actually quite common.

I use my second monitor to surf on while I game during certain points (stuck on something , waiting for a game to load). However the working out/exercise one kinda threw me off.. that's perhaps the one time you shouldn't game but instead focus on keeping your body alive long to keep enjoying your gaming hobby.

I raided with a guy that would do pushups and crunches during trash pulls lol. He was a personal trainer though, so I guess he felt bad if he just sat there for hours without moving.

Took forever to fill it out ,however, I am interested in the next-gen consoles more than anything else.

Fair enough, I don't play MMOs so for every other genre it was kinda like...wtf.

Back