IGN GTAIV World Review Premier

I mean, I already preordered this game, I wasn't excited. Just wanted to give a GTA a whirl. Holy crap now I can't wait.

I have copy preordered for 360, but I'm debating right now whether to buy a PS3 for this, GT5 and MGS. Decisions decisions ... ...

GTA4 looks insane. Definitely excited now. Also, having DLC content in a few months after finishing the game will be great!

the problem with the 360 version is that i'm afraid it will break my xbox again. seems like almost every new game i get, i end up getting a disc read error, and i have to send my box in. it's happened 3 times to me already. i don't care about the achivements in this, or the DLC (probably will never have enough time to finish the main story) so the PS3 version is the one i'm getting

Good good... im getting the superior (tech) version ^^

Man i cant wait ... the worst part is that where i live everyone already has the pirated version for their 360

I got a PS3 bc i dont care about piracy and also for the games... but man this really grinds my gears!

the problem with the 360 version is that i'm afraid it will break my xbox again. seems like almost every new game i get, i end up getting a disc read error, and i have to send my box in. it's happened 3 times to me already. i don't care about the achivements in this, or the DLC (probably will never have enough time to finish the main story) so the PS3 version is the one i'm getting

Same, if I pick this up it will be on my ps3, I have been through 4 360's already, all within a few months with light use. Sold my old premium and purchased an elite and have no trouble so far with the very light use it gets though.

ill be getting the 360 special edition. ill actually beable to use the dufflebag, and lockbox is just ILL!!!

launch 360 here. YMMV lol..

A reality slap to the 360, PS3 is coming at full force.

Did you actually... you know...read the review? Because if you had, you were apparently the only one who got that view of the 360 version.

What they actually say is quite bland and they admit it's nitpicky. Slap? only to a fanboy looking for fancannon fodder.

Part of the video they show the multiplayer and there is 4 guys in an SUV and a few guys in another car driving and shooting. That looks so fucking bad ass oh my!

Did you actually... you know...read the review? Because if you had, you were apparently the only one who got that view of the 360 version.

What they actually say is quite bland and they admit it's nitpicky. Slap? only to a fanboy looking for fancannon fodder.

Deleted.

I was lucky enough to find a store selling it early. I don't think it's a 10/10. Game driving controls are NOT good at all. Burnout Paradise has WAY better controls. Graphics are decent, but shadows and lack of AA make for annoying glitches all over the place. The film grain is a bit annoying at first, but you get used to it (Like Mass Effect).

What's that, a driving game has a better driving experience than a "dowhatyoulike" game. Who woulda guessed.

Just messing with you, just made me chuckle. I read that review yesterday and I'm trying to get over my hangover enough to go on a begging mission to my local games shop right now. I swear my couch is magnetic.

Not played it yet, I too doubt it's a 10 but sure as hell it's gonna rock, I was sitting watching a feed of someone else playing it and was mesmerised ffs.

I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse
"I'll give you £75 for GTA"
"I'll buy a PS3 GTA pack"
"I'll buy a PS3 GTA pack for £50 more than they cost"

I know that seems really sad but I'm so busy at work I literally have 3 days and then I'm working 7 days a week for the next 9 weeks. Need some fucking carnage before that starts :D

Where's the feed? I'd love to watch some gameplay.

I'd set one up if I had the equipment. I don't have any capture devices or anything. I can't think of any way to do it with what I have. I might be able to go to Fry's and rent an HD capture card though...

What's that, a driving game has a better driving experience than a "dowhatyoulike" game. Who woulda guessed.

Just messing with you, just made me chuckle. I read that review yesterday and I'm trying to get over my hangover enough to go on a begging mission to my local games shop right now. I swear my couch is magnetic.

Not played it yet, I too doubt it's a 10 but sure as hell it's gonna rock, I was sitting watching a feed of someone else playing it and was mesmerised ffs.

I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse
"I'll give you £75 for GTA"
"I'll buy a PS3 GTA pack"
"I'll buy a PS3 GTA pack for £50 more than they cost"

I know that seems really sad but I'm so busy at work I literally have 3 days and then I'm working 7 days a week for the next 9 weeks. Need some fucking carnage before that starts :D

Yeah, I thought about that too, but the driving is one of the biggest aspects of the game so I figured they should have gotten that part right. I'm starting to get used to it a little more, but it's just not as responsive as I'd like.

I'm headed to bed. GTA IV is good, but it's not as good as it should have been. Here's a pic of everything you get with the regular version:

gta4.jpg

Case, DVD, 1 Month Free Xbox Live, Manual, Map

Mine is coming on Monday. I just checked the tracking information for my order and it's just got to my local depo.

/wishes he could go and grab it now!

I really just want the best multiplayer experience. I pre-ordered for the xbox360 for the obvious Xbox Live and for the assumption that there are a lot more Xbox Live subscribers than PS3 owners.

Mine is coming on Monday. I just checked the tracking information for my order and it's just got to my local depo.

/wishes he could go and grab it now!

Was the release date for xbox changed to monday? Circuit City's website says 28th for xbox and 29th for ps3.

IGN are fanboys. They gave Jade Empire a 9.9... while good, that game was nowhere near even 9.,

So I'm skeptical of this 10. I won't know till tuesday though.

If you got both consoles I think it's a no brainer

Quote from IGN review:

"For those wanting to know which version looks better, the edge goes to the PS3. The textures and framerate are comparable, but the PS3 has far less pop-in. The 360 has richer colors, but the PS3 has better anti-aliasing making it look a little cleaner. Because GTA IV can preload onto the PS3 hard drive, the in-game loads are faster. Don't worry Xbox owners, the load times are rarely more than 30 seconds and don't occur very often. The slight visual edge goes to PS3, but the 360 is no slouch. Either version will do you proud."

nuff said I think:cool:

If you got both consoles I think it's a no brainer

Quote from IGN review:

"For those wanting to know which version looks better, the edge goes to the PS3. The textures and framerate are comparable, but the PS3 has far less pop-in. The 360 has richer colors, but the PS3 has better anti-aliasing making it look a little cleaner. Because GTA IV can preload onto the PS3 hard drive, the in-game loads are faster. Don't worry Xbox owners, the load times are rarely more than 30 seconds and don't occur very often. The slight visual edge goes to PS3, but the 360 is no slouch. Either version will do you proud."

nuff said I think:cool:

I carry no brief for either, because I doubt I'll ever play it. The load thing appeals to me, but if you like online, which they've been pimping for this game bigtime, and you are a big fan of this game long term, I don't see how you could not go 360 with the superior XBL and the gaurantee of episodic content that will be exclusive. I'd trade those two things for "slight visual edge" any day of the week.

I see. So its 0.1 better than Jade Empire.

Wait, they actually gave Jade Empire a 9.9? Well, it's not like I needed another piece of evidence to deny the credibility of online review websites, but they have given it to me.

Jade Empire was by no means a bad game, but it certainly wasn't that good.

I will be getting this for the 360. The multiplayer and DLC are what im looking for.

Back