If You Haven't Played DayZ - This is Why It's Worth $30...

I missed the good part, I think. $30 for that? ;)

I tried it with ARMA mod, but it didn't work. I might try this one when it gets some more development.

Well last night, I had the most fun in years with a group a 7 friends in DayZ, one was with one glitch, the other well the obvious friend afk, then one of us handcuffs him, also saying Don't move to a dude with all 7 of us there just to see the dude runs and logoff was worth the price alone. Even if it's bugged right now, it's tons more fun than we had in bf4 recently.

I'm shocked people actually play this. What is the point again? Marathon simulator 2000?

I'm shocked people actually play this. What is the point again? Marathon simulator 2000?

The point is primarily to have fun, which is fortunate, since it affords vastly more enjoyment per dollar (for me) than the all of the CoD, Halo, Battlefield, Medal of Honor and Counter-Stike franchises combined. This applies to Minecraft, Rust and many more open-world sandbox games, as well. It truly is, the genre of the future.

:)

Yeah, this game in its current state is definitely not worth $30. I don't see how this video would make someone want to buy they game.

The biggest problem I have is the current situation with hackers. They are being popularized on twitch.tv streams by the biggest dayz streamers and its really turning me off from the game.

Also, you can pick berries.

You can pick berries, guys.

9473.png

Its because your comment 404 funny not found was completely unfunny as well.

I think you guys need to look up the definition of irony if that's the case.

My comment wasn't even meant to be funny.

I've played it plenty. Got it for free. Not even worth $10 in its current state.

And with "beta" status not until late 2014 at least, and the suuuuuuper slow patch and update schedule so far, I'd say it's just a waste of money.

I don't get this game.
It looks like a large part of the game revolves around a large group of highly geared people griefing poorly geared people typically in much smaller numbers ... and this is fun?

I don't get this game.
It looks like a large part of the game revolves around a large group of highly geared people griefing poorly geared people typically in much smaller numbers ... and this is fun?

Sometimes? There's really no 'point' to DayZ

I don't get this game.

This is different from any other game, how?

I think people fail to realize that ultimately dayz is kind of a sim in a way, much like the engine and game it's built on.

No shock the impatient 12 year olds can't understand why it would be fun. It's no different than their reaction to games like DCS A10

This is different from any other game, how?

I think people fail to realize that ultimately dayz is kind of a sim in a way, much like the engine and game it's built on.

No shock the impatient 12 year olds can't understand why it would be fun. It's no different than their reaction to games like DCS A10

Really?

Sometimes? There's really no 'point' to DayZ
The 'point' is to make your own story. Whether that's about surviving alone, being part of a raiding party, being a traveling librarian and holding book-reading sessions in major cities, re-enacting Titanic, being an on-call medic or being a professional berry salesman is your call.

Most people choose the bandit life because they're lame and unimaginative. But that's not the entirety of the game.

The 'point' is to make your own story. Whether that's about surviving alone, being part of a raiding party, being a traveling librarian and holding book-reading sessions in major cities, re-enacting Titanic, being an on-call medic or being a professional berry salesman is your call.

Most people choose the bandit life because they're lame and unimaginative. But that's not the entirety of the game.

I didn't mean it as a knock against the game. I was a pretty consistent player of the Mod, just haven't had the time or motivation to start up standalone yet.

I guess I should change 'point' to 'endgame'.

It seems fun to me, I just don't know if I can run it with high enough settings for my tastes.

I would argue that the "12 year olds" (at least, mentally) are the ones griefing people for "fun" in the first place.

It seems fun to me, I just don't know if I can run it with high enough settings for my tastes.
Performance is still terrible in and around cities, but a fix for that is in the roadmap. Wilderness performance is actually very good, in my opinion.

Wow, vid in OP looked really freakin' annoying to me. Guy spawns with zero gear, is immediately attacked by large group with full gear for no reason, has to defend himself with bare hands, then ends up dying for no reason due to game glitch or possible someone just shooting him. I see nothing fun about this at all from either side of that encounter.

Have zero interest in playing this game now.

Wow, vid in OP looked really freakin' annoying to me. Guy spawns with zero gear, is immediately attacked by large group with full gear for no reason, has to defend himself with bare hands, then ends up dying for no reason due to game glitch or possible someone just shooting him. I see nothing fun about this at all from either side of that encounter.

Have zero interest in playing this game now.

Yeah, I just watched it because of your comment.

That totally makes me want to play. "Oh a fresh spawn! GET HIM!"

Like he has any fucking choice? Either fist fight, win, and get shot, or run and get shot, or fist fight and lose and get shot, or fist fight and get shot while doing it (That's what it looked like to me, but I don't know, that might be what it looks like when you die by punching, but you can see earlier it looks like whoever has the pistol popped a shot off at least once, so I can easily see them having done it again..). There is no positive outcome for him.

This is exactly why I avoided the mod, and why I have no interest in the standalone. I don't want to play games with these type of people, and Dayz/the other lame one attract these people like flies on shit.

I thought the whole idea was to recreate a world like The Road, where most people are "griefers" if they choose to be.

Back