If you have purchased Windows XP OEM with Vista Upgrade coupon, please post here!

TYPEO, can you tell me the date they charged your credit card? thanks

bigobrn

They haven't yet. I just checked online and nothing has been charged. I'm sure it would come any day now. I received the email saying that it shipped this morning and moduslink also says Wednesday, March 7th. Said it would take about 3 weeks. I highly doubt it will be that long. I'm sure it's to cover their ass.

FYI - They received my information on January 8th. Maybe this will let you know where you stand. Then again, this has been everything but methodical. hehe

3-7-07 this morning i was charge again WTF .:mad: :mad: iwas charge back in dec 10, for 11.49 bucks:(

i doubt you were actually charged.

They have to do a C.C authorization which is different than a charge.Authorization is just a verifiaction of funds

Thanks, TypeO. They got my credit card info in early February, but thats the last I've heard except for one recent request for order # again.

John

CHECKCARD MODUSLINK LINDON UT ON 03/05 [Learn more] $11.49 this is on my bank to day.

Windows Vista Business 32-bit CD/DVD 1 USD 0.00 USD 0.00 USD 0.00

Shipping USD 11.49
Taxes and Duties USD 0.57
Total USD 12.06

Your order has been shipped. I just got the E-mail :D :D :D Just to let you know, all the lines on the website are now complete, shows shipping date as today , shipper as MEXP, etc etc.

Call this Number, its not the toll free one, but puts you in direct contact with moduslink, not the outsourced answering service

1-801-431-1504
Thanks.

Sorry, I didn't say that I was in Europe. Judging by previous replies in this thread, Moduslink US probably won't be able to help - and I don't yet feel like calling long distance to find out.

I did, however, try the European help line. Well, it turns out that their phone line is just a recorded message.

"Thanks for calling. You may be eligible for an upgrade. If you think you may qualify, or wish to apply - please check with your system manufacturer.

For information related to a COA, press 1.
For information related to completing the process, status update, or order change, please press 2.
For technical questions or a list of products in this offer, press 3.
For information about rebates, press 4.
For help with placing an order, press 5.

1. A COA can be found on a sticker on the side of your PC, or on the bottom of a laptop.
2. Please e-mail us on [email protected]
3. Please visit www.microsoft.com.
4. If you submitted your POP as part of a rebate, please contact your system manufacturer.
5. Please contact your system manufcaturer for help with placing an order."

Nope. Absolutely no way to get through to a human. Tried several times at different times of day - no one's home.

Got the email saying mine has been shipped too. Now, do I actually want to use this thing...

Order Status : Order is shipped
Shipping Date : Wednesday, March 07, 2007
Carrier : MEXP
AWB# : X9&IOH%j%

Thank you for submitting your order for Windows Vista Business 32-bit CD/DVD OEM.
Your order has been shipped. You should receive your order within 3 weeks. If you do not receive your order, please contact us via email [email protected] by May 1, 2007, for English language versions of the product and June 1, 2007, for non-English language versions of the product so that we may research your request and ship your order.

Wootness!

I received this today...

from "[email protected]" <[email protected]> hide details 7:15 pm (11 minutes ago)
to [email protected]
date 8 Mar 2007 11:15:38 +0800
subject Microsoft Vista Upgrade Order xxxxxxx has Shipped
mailed-by moduslink.com

Thank you for submitting your order for Windows Vista Business 32-bit CD/DVD OEM.
Your order has been shipped. You should receive your order within 3 weeks. If you do not receive your order, please contact us via email [email protected] by May 1, 2007, for English language versions of the product and June 1, 2007, for non-English language versions of the product so that we may research your request and ship your order.

Order Number : xxxxxxx
AWB# : MExxxxxxx

hey guys check this out. they finally shiped my vista upgrade. heres what the email says.

Thank you for submitting your order for Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit DVD OEM.
Your order has been shipped. You should receive your order within 3 weeks. If you do not receive your order, please contact us via email [email protected] by May 1, 2007, for English language versions of the product and June 1, 2007, for non-English language versions of the product so that we may research your request and ship your order

one thing though is that why does it take 3 weeks for the order to arrive here. snail mail is max 1 week. my order status says that it will be ship via mexp. whatever that means. must be shipping from mexico or somthing. any ways i will reply here when i receive it. this has helped me alot. thanks for all the info guys.

hey guys check this out. they finally shiped my vista upgrade. heres what the email says.

Thank you for submitting your order for Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit DVD OEM.
Your order has been shipped. You should receive your order within 3 weeks. If you do not receive your order, please contact us via email [email protected] by May 1, 2007, for English language versions of the product and June 1, 2007, for non-English language versions of the product so that we may research your request and ship your order

one thing though is that why does it take 3 weeks for the order to arrive here. snail mail is max 1 week. my order status says that it will be ship via mexp. whatever that means. must be shipping from mexico or somthing. any ways i will reply here when i receive it. this has helped me alot. thanks for all the info guys.

They say 3 weeks because someone will get it 8 days later and be done called them bugging them about all this and that. :p

Got the email saying mine has been shipped too. Now, do I actually want to use this thing...

I've been thinking the same thing, The only reason I might use it is because HP is also shipping a drivers disk. Maybe that will solve SOME of the install problems.

If I may ask, What is everyone being charged for? I thought this was a free upgrade. Here's what my order stated:

"Product Details
Upgrade software Quantity Product price ex VAT Total Price Product
Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit (1) 0.00 0.00
HP Driver DVD (1) 0.00 0.00
Shipping and Handling USD 0.00
Tax and Duties USD 0.00
Total USD 0.00 "

I was never even asked for a credit card.

hey i got this scum bag email. lets what happens now.:eek: :eek:

I've been thinking the same thing, The only reason I might use it is because HP is also shipping a drivers disk. Maybe that will solve SOME of the install problems.

If I may ask, What is everyone being charged for? I thought this was a free upgrade. Here's what my order stated:

"Product Details
Upgrade software Quantity Product price ex VAT Total Price Product
Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit (1) 0.00 0.00
HP Driver DVD (1) 0.00 0.00
Shipping and Handling USD 0.00
Tax and Duties USD 0.00
Total USD 0.00 "

I was never even asked for a credit card.

That's weird, because generally they make you pay for S&H...that's what I was charged for.

YAY!

AWB# : ME0035239

Thank you for submitting your order for Windows Vista Business 32-bit DVD OEM.

Only if you are a verrryyy patient sort. ;) :D It's like an adult game of hide and seek. Latest solution to a problem on a beta, is to upgrade to a retail version. Nice answer to a problem, after giving you until June to use it.

im going to hold my breath till i get my copy.:confused: :confused:

I'm glad you guys are finally getting somewhere... I think I got mine a couple of weeks ago because I was very persistent. Let us know when you get them!

Just an update, They did charge my credit card on todays statrment. $11.67 It must have been a busy day there yesterday.:D

Thank you for submitting your order for Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit OEM.

Yep it must have been very busy another program. Thats 3 down and none to go.

Thursday, March 8, 2007 10:53 AM

Your order has been shipped. You should receive your order within 1 week. If you do not receive your order, please contact us via email [email protected] by May 1, 2007, for English language versions of the product and June 1, 2007, for non-English language versions of the product so that we may research your request and ship your order.

Upon arrival of your kit please review the instructions and preparation steps you will need to complete before you begin your upgrade process.

For your convenience HP has created Windows Vista Express Upgrade checklists available on the HP website at www.hp.com/go/windowsvistaupgrade. It is strongly recommended that you review the checklist and begin preparation steps. We have included an HP Driver DVD for most models to help walk you through the preparation steps and install. If you should require assistance with any of the preparation or installation steps, please visit the Express Upgrade website at www.hp.com/go/windowsvistaupgrade or call 888-447-0150 for assistance.

Got mine on Tuesday.

Pretty painless for me. Dell upgrade assistance CD ran, then Vista install. Some reboots occured automatically. Then it booted up Vista for the first time.

Then I wanted to throw the laptop out my window from all the UAC confirmation dialogs. I turned it off and completed my configuration.

It's working alright now.

I benefitted in that I can use the "breadcrumb" navigation through the folders, and flip3d and the new alt-tab previews.

Detrimental effect is that Windows Mail does not support Hotmail (*snicker*). I use hotmail for my 3 junk spamboxes that I register on websites with. Minor inconvenience though, it was just a faster way to get the password confirmations.

No exotic hardware so I don't have any problems with drivers and such so I've lucked out there. Just one visit to the dell support site had everything laid out for me after entering my service tag.

The OS is prettier. The startmenu and control panel are...somewhat retardified with no apparent benefit. In particular it seems that the control panel features more links via words than icons that before. Computers started with text, then GUIs, and now it's trying to go back to text apparently? It's no big deal though, it's more or less the same in classic mode. Cleaned out a lot of trash shortcuts from my startmenu.

Now the laptop functions more or less like WinXP, but looks nicer and has breadcrumbs and flip3d. It was worth the $10 bucks and 5 hours. Not that inconvenient to switch, and I do like pretty interfaces, for which I make no excuse.

In summary, switching over for me was a vaguely, marginally, positive experience.

Got mine Dell Vista upgrade on Friday, was able to clean install it without issue. Seems the concerns were much ado about nothing.

Is this a good sign?

Yup! That's the step before it says order is approved and then...Order Is Shipped.
You be good bud!

After I replied I went and checked mine and I'm at that step too...was beginning to feel like the unwanted step-child with all those copies heading out.

Got mine Dell Vista upgrade on Friday, was able to clean install it without issue. Seems the concerns were much ado about nothing.
we were all lied to about this exspress upgrade i will never ever pertain to this program ever MICRO$OFT.:mad: :mad: i wiil waite till its in the store next time and im still holding my breath.

we were all lied to about this exspress upgrade i will never ever pertain to this program ever MICRO$OFT.:mad: :mad: i wiil waite till its in the store next time and im still holding my breath.

QTF.

This whole thing has been a disaster, if I would have known this was gonna be such a pain in the ass.I would have just bought vista straight out instead of this EXPRESS upgrade.Which has been anything bbut express.

Is this a good sign?
Order Number : xxxxxxxxxx
Order Status : Order sent to Back office
Shipping Date :
Carrier : Standard
AWB# :
Mine said Sent To Back Office on my first attempt and changed to ORDER CANCELLED, from past experience it's not good news m8.

I AM ON MY SECOND ATTEMPT AT TRYING AND NOW AT pop/coa validated again:eek:

QTF.

This whole thing has been a disaster, if I would have known this was gonna be such a pain in the ass.I would have just bought vista straight out instead of this EXPRESS upgrade.Which has been anything bbut express.

Patience isn't that bad. :p A month and a half after release isn't that bad. The thing said it would ship 4 to 6 months after release, so they've not fallen through with that really (minus the issues with POP *sigh*).

I bought XP Pro because I had just bought a new PC, and Vista RC1 got into a BSOD loop and I had rewritten the Vista RC2 disc so I couldn't install RC2. Strangely, I installed XP -- with all intentions of entering in my new key once it arrived, and validate then -- but I accidently validated my other key, so now both PC's are validated (and pass WGA). So now I have a key that's not even used, but can be used as proof that I have purchased them both if WGA were to ask about it. :p

Wow. After a month of waiting for my vista order I believe I'm begining to understand the nature of the universe.:cool: It all revolves around "MODULUS." Here is how it goes:
(1) You send in your paperwork and in about 2 weeks their status website says "COA VALIDATED; (2) in about another week or so the status changes to POP/COA VALIDATED; (3) after another week or so, of patient waiting,:eek: the status changes to "ORDER RECEIVED"; (4) within a day or so it changes to "ORDER APPROVED"; (5) about that time you see your credit card account charged $12 something; and (6) (this is where I am now) I hope to see an e-mail saying it has shipped and I should receive VISTA in a couple weeks. Oh, and in addition to taxes and death being sure things on this planet, MODULUS taking 4-6 weeks is the another sure thing. So everything is perfect. MODULUS exist to teach all of us patience.:p

I'll second that request for patience.
Moduslink has had it's problems due to bad coders and just way more upgrades than M$ predicted. M$ acknowledged that in their January P+L report.
I ordered XP Pro for my wife's new business system that I built. I ordered it when I'd already installed and used Vista Beta 2 on the system. She HATES change, God bless her! I installed XP pro on the new hardware after toying with Vista B2 and now we have the real deal heading home. It may get installed, it may not...I may hold on 'till SP1 is released. I'll let her business dictate when that happens or if...she'll need time to learn the new UI nuts and bolts.

:cool:

Funny how the tune has changed around here in this thread now that people are finally starting to recieve thier copies of Windows Vista.

Did we all forget how much of a pain in the ass this was?

Did we all forget how inaccurate the procedure was documented? (web site says one thing, email says another thing, coupon says another thing)

Did we al forget how it took people for some odd reason several tries to get their POP completed?

Did we all forget that the web site sucked real bad and it would lock you out when you were trying to fill your info in?

---I didn't forget it. I know for myself, I will shy away from any program that has Muduslink attatched to it in any way shape or form.

Funny how the tune has changed around here in this thread now that people are finally starting to recieve thier copies of Windows Vista.

Did we all forget how much of a pain in the ass this was?

Did we all forget how inaccurate the procedure was documented? (web site says one thing, email says another thing, coupon says another thing)

Did we al forget how it took people for some odd reason several tries to get their POP completed?

Did we all forget that the web site sucked real bad and it would lock you out when you were trying to fill your info in?

---I didn't forget it. I know for myself, I will shy away from any program that has Muduslink attatched to it in any way shape or form.

I agree 100%.

Am i right in saying that there is a difference in ORDER RECEIVED and ORDER APPROVED.
Because i had the first time ORDER RECEIVED after following SENT TO BACK OFFICE, and was duly followed by ORDER CANCELLED.
ORDER APPROVED is the one we want to see, the last step before Shipping.

It is better to be approved then it is to be received:confused:

Approved is better. Recieved means it's in house but they haven't validated it. Approved means that (in the normal world at least) your order is close to shipping.

Approved: [SIZE=-1]generally or especially officially judged acceptable or satisfactory (COA/POP validated); "an approved method"; "work on the approved project went ahead on schedule" [/SIZE]

Approved is better. Recieved means it's in house but they haven't validated it. Approved means that (in the normal world at least) your order is close to shipping.

Approved: [SIZE=-1]generally or especially officially judged acceptable or satisfactory (COA/POP validated); "an approved method"; "work on the approved project went ahead on schedule" [/SIZE]

You might be right, in your terminology

but my order has been approved for a week and still hasnt shipped.Moduslink willl not answer emails anymore.They have know idea of whats going on in the shipping dept.

I have haad to call them several times, the only info they will give me is order approved.This is a pain in the ass .

those guys talking about patience, lets see how patient you are when they havent shippped your order in a couple more weeks.

I wish i had never went this route. I could be dual booting right now had i just bought vista straight out.

You might be right, in your terminology

but my order has been approved for a week and still hasnt shipped.Moduslink willl not answer emails anymore.They have know idea of whats going on in the shipping dept.

I have haad to call them several times, the only info they will give me is order approved.This is a pain in the ass .

those guys talking about patience, lets see how patient you are when they havent shippped your order in a couple more weeks.

I wish i had never went this route. I could be dual booting right now had i just bought vista straight out.
Dont I know it. I wonder where these are being shipped from? Cal to here is usually only 3 days and they say 3 weeks? by MEXP whoever that is. Trouble is, I still have 1 more copy to order:rolleyes:

Back