If you have purchased Windows XP OEM with Vista Upgrade coupon, please post here!

Bought MDG's notebook with Xp installed and a voucher for Vista Express Upgrade.
Paid for shipping about $18.00 and waited.
After 6 weeks received Dvd MDG branded VISTA EXPRESS UPGRADE thru CanadaPost.
Installed just right.

Out of box things that did not work.

- Sound - Creative XFI - Fatality
- Printer - Cannon Pixma Mp 160 ( VISTA ready sticker )
- Internet - Rogers Cable and LINKSYS broadband router

After messing around with internet settings it finally worked . Downloaded most of drivers
for printer and sound and it started to work again.

Suddenly Internet Explorer stopped working . Unknown Error.

Format and XP here we go again.

Many people are misdirecting their frustration, due to the lack of communication by Moduslink. Moduslink is part of the problem, but the major issue lies with the OEM manufacturers. Many companies such as ASUS, Acer, etc. have yet to supply Moduslink with their driver discs, thus Moduslink doesn't have anything to ship. The few people that have received their orders are the lucky ones who bought their system from a company who has their act together and got the software to Moduslink on time. Instead of badgering Moduslink, fire off a nasty email to your respective OEM. All Moduslink needs to do is post this information on the main Express Upgrade page, so most people would at least know why they haven't got their order yet and stop bothering them, but for some reason they don't seem to understand this.

I always get a kick out of Americans. If something doesn't go exactly like it's supposed to, they will raise hell with any organization/commission/regulatory body they can get to listen to them, or threaten legal action. Just because you haven't received it yet doesn't mean you never will. Chill out and be patient. If after a couple more months, many people still haven't received their order, I would then begin to explore additional actions. Even then, it would have to be a concerted, organized effort. A bunch of people sending profanity laced emails will do nothing. A class-action lawsuit, petition, etc. is much more likely to actually get something done.

Andrew
Victoria, BC, Canada

Many people are misdirecting their frustration, due to the lack of communication by Moduslink. Moduslink is part of the problem, but the major issue lies with the OEM manufacturers. Many companies such as ASUS, Acer, etc. have yet to supply Moduslink with their driver discs, thus Moduslink doesn't have anything to ship. The few people that have received their orders are the lucky ones who bought their system from a company who has their act together and got the software to Moduslink on time. Instead of badgering Moduslink, fire off a nasty email to your respective OEM. All Moduslink needs to do is post this information on the main Express Upgrade page, so most people would at least know why they haven't got their order yet and stop bothering them, but for some reason they don't seem to understand this.

I always get a kick out of Americans. If something doesn't go exactly like it's supposed to, they will raise hell with any organization/commission/regulatory body they can get to listen to them, or threaten legal action. Just because you haven't received it yet doesn't mean you never will. Chill out and be patient. If after a couple more months, many people still haven't received their order, I would then begin to explore additional actions. Even then, it would have to be a concerted, organized effort. A bunch of people sending profanity laced emails will do nothing. A class-action lawsuit, petition, etc. is much more likely to actually get something done.

Andrew
Victoria, BC, Canada

What does the driver disc have to do with the Vista upgrade? I didn't receive anything other than the Vista DVD, a COA Sticker, and a little guide book. A lot of the people complaining in here bought Vista the same way I did, which was an OEM copy from Newegg, ClubIT, etc.

Sorry, I don't agree. It IS Moduslinks fault for the majority of the problems with this Promo. Lost submissions, a poorly designed website, and canned responses to e-mails, often gone unrecognized,for long periods of time, are but a few examples of the problems DIRECTLY attributed to them, and NOT the OEM people. When they first put up the website, it took me me at least 30 trys, to just get the online confirmation number.I promptly mailed off the papers required, and of course, they got lost, along with 3 other submissions.My second copy is still in limbo, and e-mails have gone unanswered for at least 2 weeks. Be patient? For how long? Until you are no longer eligible?

Sorry, I don't agree. It IS Moduslinks fault for the majority of the problems with this Promo. Lost submissions, a poorly designed website, and canned responses to e-mails, often gone unrecognized,for long periods of time, are but a few examples of the problems DIRECTLY attributed to them, and NOT the OEM people. When they first put up the website, it took me me at least 30 trys, to just get the online confirmation number.I promptly mailed off the papers required, and of course, they got lost, along with 3 other submissions.My second copy is still in limbo, and e-mails have gone unanswered for at least 2 weeks. Be patient? For how long? Until you are no longer eligible?

Q.F.T

My issues with moduslink are well described in this thread.

I do not know how much time and effort i wasted with dealing with moduslink, Between phone calls, canceled orders, emails, but it was a sh***load.

My order sat on order approved for 6 weeks before i recieved my copy, and i recieved my copy of vista with, no credit card charge(yet)for shipping, no shipment notification , and if i go to the website, and enter my info, it still says order aprroved, not order completed or shipped.

They are/were the most unorganized, completly innefective company i have ever had the displeasure of dealing with, and if i had it all to do again, i would avoid this whole situation like the plague.

I will not ever do the express upgrade thing again, especially if moduslink is involved.

I have just had an email from moduslink saying my order has been cancelled because they could not recieve my money, I got an email from them over a month ago telling me to manually transfer the money which I did spoke to indian couple of weeks ago and he said it is going through. What the hell not only do they have my money but they want it again and the number they gave me doesnt work. Does anyone here have a number for moduslink, seriously pissed of with these muppets.
Toll-Free phone :
Germany : 00800 666 44 666
United Kingdom : 00800 666 44 666
France : 00800 666 44 666
Italy : 00800 666 44 666
Netherlands : 00800 666 44 666
Spain : 900 973154

Right. Now I'm really pissed.

Just got an e-mail telling me that my order has been cancelled. I've been told to reorder ASAP as the final deadline for re-orders is noon at 30 April.

Except there's a problem - I can't reorder. As instructed, I sent my upgrade vouchers in by post. While I did make a note of the numbers, I discarded them several weeks ago, once my order had been 'approved'.

It turns out that I now need those numbers in order to reorder. Without them there is no way I can reorder. I even phoned moduslink to ask if there was a way around. 'No'. Can they look up the voucher numbers for my now cancelled order? 'No'. What can I do? 'You could try calling the store you bought your software from and see if they have any spare vouchers'. What are the odds that they will tell me to take a running jump?

No point in e-mailing moduslink. I've done it several times - response times are 14-20 days.

Brilliant. So, I'm basically being told that there is no way I can now get my vista upgrades. Through no fault of my own, I have been deceived into buying several copies of Windows XP on the premise that I would get a free or cut-price upgrade to vista. It now looks like I won't be getting that.

Does anyone have any final words of advice as to how I might sort this problem out?

That is bullshit. Why did they cancel your order once it was approved? Tell them you want your shit and you want it now and with no more hassle.

My order was cancelled because moduslink had taken so long to process it, that the credit card I had given them had expired in the interim. I ordered in December, and the credit card expired at the end of March - plenty of time you would have thought.

I did e-mail them a couple of times about this, asking what to do - including asking what their bank details were for bank transfer - but just got canned responses. 'Your order is approved and will be shipping shortly. blah blah. We will charge your card when your order ships. blah blah'. Never got a useful response.

Then, today, I get an e-mail saying my order has been cancelled because my credit card details were invalid and I did not arrange an alternate method of payment.

Andrew
Victoria, BC, Canada

I complained a shit load and filed a BBB complaint and a Federal Trade Commisions Complaint. And I am Canadian Not American. I am pissed off at an American Company. So it isn't just Americans that complain.

I have never sent a profanity laced email. I did however voice my concern with Microsoft, Acer and Moduslink. The problem is with all of the people involved in this. Moduslink being the one that is at fault the most. Like other people have pointed out, they have not done a good job at all. If it is the case the my OEM company (Acer) hasn't done their job then Post something on the web page. Email those of us who bought Acer. Do something don't just sit there and make yourself look stupid.

I complained a shit load and filed a BBB complaint and a Federal Trade Commisions Complaint. And I am Canadian Not American. I am pissed off at an American Company. So it isn't just Americans that complain.

Yaa damnit, its "NORTH AMERICANS" that complain. We don't like being spoon fed shit and being expected to take it. Something that I thought was covered back in the late 1700's.

MODUSLINK blows. Oh and BTW, Acer's site says that if we haven't recieved our Vista by now, we should be calling Moduslink to get that resovled. LOL. I'll forward my cellular bill to Acer for the hours I sit on hold.

I really don't buy Moduslink's insistence that it is the OEMs at fault.

I bought generic software, and like many others who did the same (or bought from small vendors) - I have received appalling service, and delay after delay. As there are no other OEMs in the loop - who can moduslink blame for their incompetence?

Oh, there isn't anyone. It is Moduslink themselves who are at fault.

I still believe that Moduslink is doing the job that Microsoft has contracted them to do.
Microsoft reported huge earnings at the end of last year and they cited the systems and OEM Express Upgrade versions of XP as the primary cause for the increase over the previous year earnings. I believe the non existent customer service from Moduslink, the total lack of response from Microsoft when we contact them, the inability of the vendors/OEM's who sold us this POS is TOTALLY due to M$ wanting the costs related to the Upgrade DVD's including the handling and shipping to be charged out over more than just the first or second quarter of earnings...it's always about the bottom line...screw the customers!

FWIW...I spoke with one of NewEgg's customer service managers on Tuesday. He said the reason the upgrades are taking so bloody long is the sheer number, he said it's over one million copies world wide. He said their M$ sales rep is apologizing left and right but can't give him any idea when these things will go out.
The Egg's CS department has been slammed trying to respond on this issue. Their failure to force M$ into addressing it or replace the paid for XP with Vista Business is why NewEgg will not receive ANY further orders from me until we receive the paid for upgrade!

It's time we started calling ALL of our local consumer watchdog reporters, en masse, complaining to the BBB, and finding Erin Brokovich to go after Microsoft, Moduslink, NewEgg, Acer, Asus, HP, et al....all the companies who reaped the financial rewards...and make 'em pay. Get the media involved and get the lawyers/sharks going after Redmond's deep pockets.
F 'em!
:mad:

Hey Kyle!!!
Can you PLEASE use the front page and raise a stink on this issue.
We really need your help.

My beef besides having not got my disk yet is... for canadians that bought OEM, the price moduslink quotes for shipping on the website is a sham. What they don't tell you is it ships UPS. So we pay $27.50 or so to moduslink for shipping and handling and when UPS comes to the door with your disk, you have to shell out another $22.50 for UPS fees. A few that have got there disks up here having been posting that. What a racket!

My order changed to order approved today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. To the Canadians, it hardly seems worth doing the promo, if they bag you $50 for shipping a disc that could have been shipped for a LOT less. :eek:

A follow up on last week's notification that my order had been cancelled.

I did finally get an e-mail response to the query I sent them as soon as I found out they had cancelled my order. (Seems that they are less busy than they have been only waited 5 days for a reply, instead of 15 that it was taking earlier in the year).

In it, it basically said exactly the same thing as I had been told before.

Your order has been cancelled. You may reorder by calling or using the website before we close at 12 noon on 30 April 2007. If you have trouble using our web site please call out help line, they will be able to assist.

But here's the kicker. The e-mail was sent at 11:59:56 today! (No really, that is not a joke) I see you are leaving your customers plenty of time to get things sorted.

Thankfully, I wouldn't take no for an answer - and last week I made a significant number of transatlantic toll-paid calls to Moduslink's US number reiterating my problem. Eventually, I did find a rep who could help (incredibly, the majority just said I was SOL and there was nothing they could do) - he just said no probs, and gave me voucher numbers over the phone.

Order now placed - however, despite having sent the PoP by e-mail 4 days ago, I'm still stuck on CoA verified.

The incompetance of moduslink continues to amaze me.

Well surprise surprise. I got an email today saying it has been shipped. And that if I don't get it within 3 weeks I should email them prior to May 1st. Wait isn't today May 1st. They even provided a tracking number which as of yet isn't in the UPS system. It says it was shipped with UPS Canada so I doubt I will be charged extra fees. I will let you guys know though once I get it if I was charged more fees.

This is so frustrating.

A month ago they replied to my inquiry with a it's been shipped email and still nothing. No status change, no package.

Got a canned response:

..snip

Your manufacturer has not started to ship yet. Please be assured you will receive your package. We would appreciate your patience.

As for the May 1st deadline that is only for those who have not put their orders in. So you have nothing to worry about.
..snip...

Now my manufacturer says on their website that if you haven't received your upgrade by now that you should be contacting Moduslink.

Ok, so who is fibbing? Any Acer owners recieved their Vista yet?

Holy cow it's been shipped.

W00t, Shipping Date: Wednesday, May 02, 2007.

Now that is what I call Express! LOL.

Glad to see it. It won't be long now. Mine came about 1 weekafter I got that message.:D I haven't gotten around to loading my first one yet, the beta is working to good. :D

I finished my order process on February 27th when I e-mailed my scanned proof of purchase and COA info to Moduslink. I got a reply within a couple of days that my order was accepted and I should expect a delivery within 4-6 weeks. 7 weeks went by and I heard nothing so I sent them an e-mail asking for an update but got an unhelpful canned reply. My status never changed from Order Approved then suddenly on Thursday of last week I got an e-mail saying that my order was shipped and they also gave me my tracking ID. I should have a copy of Vista by next Wednesday. Rebates suck and this time is no exception. I do manage to get most of my rebates but sometimes the unknown happens and then you are left in the dark (Logitech is good to get rebates from but I am currently having a problem with a Trendnet rebate). I'm getting my Vista though so I am glad.

My order has been approved for a long time, and just a day or so ago, it said it was shipped.

It gave me a service of "Mail Express".

And what looks to be a tracking number of "AWB# MEXXXXXXX"

Anyone know how to track it?

i filled mine out on march 31 and sent it the same day. Recieved my copy on monday.

Moduslink is shipping through UPS so copy and paste your tracking ID in to the appropriate line at ups.com and you can see where your package is at. Slow service though. My package seems to be hitting every depo from Raleigh, NC to where I am on the west coast. I am really looking forward to paying the boarder brokerage fee too...

Mine number doesn't track at Fedex, US Postal, or UPS.
They used USPS Priority w/receipt verification when they shipped us Office 2007...no tracking because they don't want to pay anybody to input the numbers.

I got the shipped today e-mail, and it shows at the website:D That Mexpress will hand it off to UPS, and then you can track your order, but the last one came in just about 8 days after the e-mail. I'm hoping it's as good this time. It will depend on where they ship it from as there are a ton of shipping points out there.

My order has finally shipped! I'm in Canada, and if I do get charged extra, I'll be sending a nasty email off to Moduslink for not letting me know there would be additional costs, and ask why they didn't just avoid them in the first place (load a bunch of orders in a truck, drive it across the border, and drop them in a mailbox :) ). My order is coming from Raleigh, NC, too. I'll post on here to let any Canadians here know what happens with the extra costs. BTW, my OEM is Acer.

Mine arrived Friday and wonders of wonders no UPS fees. Not sure why some of us Canadians are getting charged fees and others aren't. Now I have it I don't feel like installing it, such a hassle to reinstall everything.

My package has not cleared customs yet. I called UPS today and asked if there was going to be an Brokerage fee's once I received it. He said if it is valued at less then $20 there is no fee. Well if the upgrade itself is free then there is no value on this. He said they can't charge brokerage fee's on the shipping cost. So Moduslink better have marked these packages as no value.

Got mine today.

Now I just need to figure out what to do with it. I would rather just wipe the hard drive partition and install fresh but I need to find out if that will work.

It looks like I may have a custom type of setup that Acer came up with instead of a normal Vista install DVD.

I got the shipped today e-mail, and it shows at the website:D That Mexpress will hand it off to UPS, and then you can track your order, but the last one came in just about 8 days after the e-mail. I'm hoping it's as good this time. It will depend on where they ship it from as there are a ton of shipping points out there.

Man what a haul for you! Let us know when it finally comes in!

Man what a haul for you! Let us know when it finally comes in!
Believe me, it wasn't worth the effort. I would have been much better off just waiting until release, and buying a full oem copy instead. At the time, word was they wouldn't be putting out oem for a while after launch. The truth was, they released it even BEFORE the launch, for $119 oem for Home Premium. One good thing is that today, Lexmark finally released a ton of new drivers to use thier printers with Vista. I'll be doing a clean install, as MCE is nothing but problems on my machine,and I refuse to lay Vista over the top of it.

Believe me, it wasn't worth the effort. I would have been much better off just waiting until release, and buying a full oem copy instead. At the time, word was they wouldn't be putting out oem for a while after launch. The truth was, they released it even BEFORE the launch, for $119 oem for Home Premium. One good thing is that today, Lexmark finally released a ton of new drivers to use thier printers with Vista. I'll be doing a clean install, as MCE is nothing but problems on my machine,and I refuse to lay Vista over the top of it.

Yeah I got the upgrade version of Vista.... which isn't too exciting considering that I have to install XP first and then install. My system is crawling right now even after a few months of tweaking. Will try a fresh format and install of xp then upgrade... but we'll see. Might be time for some new parts too...

Here is how mine went.

I did the upgrade from within XP using the Acer upgrade DVD, then putting in the Vista DVD. It took forever and when it finally booted to Vista it crashed and then Vista rolled back to XP.

So, then I followed the instructions for a fresth install of Vista. Boot to the Vista DVD and format the partition and install Vista. I didn't put in a serial number, but I did pick the proper version for me, Home Premium. After it was all installed and working, I then entered in my serial and activated it. So, did I get the full version or the upgrade version? My DVD has Acer's logo and stuff on it.

So I bought XP MCE w/ upgrade coupon for vista of newegg. Took some time but I eventually got my Vista DVD. Heres my question. I haven't installed it yet. Can I install my upgrade disk on my friends XP home computer. Only reason I'm askin is because I decided I wanted a 64bit OS so i could use more ram and My Home Premium is 32bit only.

So I bought XP MCE w/ upgrade coupon for vista of newegg. Took some time but I eventually got my Vista DVD. Heres my question. I haven't installed it yet. Can I install my upgrade disk on my friends XP home computer. Only reason I'm askin is because I decided I wanted a 64bit OS so i could use more ram and My Home Premium is 32bit only.
Legally, it isSUPPOSED to go on the same Pc that has the copy of MCE on it. You take it from there. :D

Back