IE7... worth the upgrade?

Copyright

Supreme [H]ardness
Windows auto update keeps asking me to install this... I usually avoid these kind of updates until I check here to get others opinions. Whats the opinions on it?

I tried both IE7 and FF2 and still prefer FF2, actually the first time i tried to install IE7, the installation didnt complete, had to restart several times and retry until it installed correctly, never had a similar issue before...beats me :confused:

What I hate about firefox is it takes so long for the program to launch compared to IE. It becomes very annoying.

Resistance is futile, eventually websites will be made for IE7 and will render poorly on IE6. Additionally, Microsoft will eventually loose interest in providing security fixes for IE6, and will push IE7 as a more secure replacement. I prefer Firefox for browsing, but because IE is ingrained into Windows, keeping IE secure is necessary to keep Windows secure. I say update to IE7, but browse in Firefox.

no problems here with IE7, like the tabs. I too resisited until it just annoyed the piss outa me and I gave in. Seems to render pages much faster. Took a few minutes to get used to the new icons and layout but I have been too lazy to customize it. its ok.

Copyright said:
What I hate about firefox is it takes so long for the program to launch compared to IE. It becomes very annoying.

:confused:

Firefox starts faster than IE does, even with my extensions and all.

Re: OP: Update to IE7. There's no reason not to.

Not sure why firefox is slower to launch for me.. its the same way on my roommates system.

dang i rarely have to launch firefox as i just open it once i boot up or reboot (rarely) and leave it open or on systray so never bothers me

anyways as for IE7, its nice and a good upgrade. If i were to use IE engine i would be using Maxthon 2

Been running IE7 since early Beta and it has come along nicely. I like the finished version. I run Opera, Firefox and IE7 and prefer IE7 by a mile. I've given up bashing MS for their products, this browser is really good. I would like to have more control over the placement of things, but looks like that isn't happening. I'm getting used to the placements.

If this upgrade is for a work machine first check to see if the software you use works with IE7. Where I work the final upgrade to IE7 totally slowed down my workflow so I HAD to go back IE6 which I don't care for much.

I upgraded the day the final was released. I could not say no to improved CSS support, full PNG alpha channel support, plus I need it to check whether or not my website renders correctly (I am not making my site conform to IE6 anymore, good riddance to old crap).

Back