id RAGE toolkit

mtbush

2[H]4U
id to release RAGE toolkit, ripped from Bethesda blog

Later today on Steam we will be releasing the official tool kit for RAGE – the same tools used to create RAGE and it’s DLC, The Scorchers. From the game’s world building tool, idStudio, to game maps and assets, the kit provides everything you need to get started with modding the first-ever idTech 5 title.

Interested? Before you start downloading the hefty 35+ GB file, the RAGE team has provided some documents to read. As described in the welcome document, these tools provided are complex and aimed towards “technically sophisticated and adventurous” modders.

http://cdnstatic.bethsoft.com/bethblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/RAGE%20Tool%20Kit%20Welcome.pdf

Hmm...I wonder if we'll see some sweet mods/total conversions.

wow that's really cool. I love seeing more games releasing their toolkits for fans to play around with.

I reckon it'll get them some more RAGE sales.

Fantastic. I own Rage but still haven't played it. Here's hoping mods come out to improve the experience for me!

Maybe we'll also get some sweet indie titles out of it?

Maybe we'll also get some sweet indie titles out of it?
id Tech 5 is only being licensed for Bethesda-published titles. Mods, maybe, but don't expect to see any real games released on Tech 5.

It's kind of interesting that they included all the stuff from The Scorchers. It seems like people will be able to build stuff with that content, but targeting only the base game.

i cant even bring my self to buy rage, really need an amazing total conversion to come out to make me even consider it.

i want to see what modders can do with the tools tho and see if rage was just a shitty game because of consoles or if the engine it self is the problem on pc's.

id like to put the blame on id tho and say they didnt give a rats ass about the pc release of the game and hope they have made sure now that the release of the rage toolkit will redeem the engine from its horrible start with rage.

how is the games state now any way? all i remember hearing was the problems it had on pc at release.

and now with the tool kit it opens up the potential for modders but the question is, do modders even care about the engine/game or are they better off not touching it and modding some other engine/game.

Pretty good news. I've been meaning to buy it but just never have. Will probably have to pick it up next time it's on a steam sale for $5.

how is the games state now any way? all i remember hearing was the problems it had on pc at release.

Yea, I had terrible issues on my rig when the game was released. I only picked it up again recently when the DLC came out, just to try it out. Game def runs great now, I don't have any of the pop in/out issues I did before. I haven't accessed the new content yet, but really enjoying the game so far.

Its a real shame all the driver issues they had on release.

As far as the controls go, there still kinda crappy.... I mean, the game feels good, feedback is nice, but I have a hard time managing all my weapons and ammunition types, plus all the throwing weapons and such. I feel like I need a razer naga just to play it. I don't know, maybe thats just me.

I'm actually hoping someone mods the game to make a better menu UI.
Thats my only real complaint at this point.

I'm not very good at FPS games, but the normal difficulty is way to easy. Hard feels pretty fun/casual. It could be a lot of fun to do a coop run on nightmare or whatever. I suppose I got a little off topic, but looking forward to some new content being added.

Cool. Someone go make a DayZ style zombie apocalypse multiplayer mod. Lol.

well, I'm skeptical due to all the things they've said about needing like 1 terabyte of memory to compile a megatexture... but I'm glad they released this finally and I look forward to seeing what the community puts out. Something hi-res would be the obvious first thing to try, even if it's a smaller level.

EDIT: "internally we use a 300 core renderfarm for megatexture creation"... yikes?

well, I'm skeptical due to all the things they've said about needing like 1 terabyte of memory to compile a megatexture... but I'm glad they released this finally and I look forward to seeing what the community puts out. Something hi-res would be the obvious first thing to try, even if it's a smaller level.

EDIT: "internally we use a 300 core renderfarm for megatexture creation"... yikes?

better make sure you get your texture right the first time :eek:

The requirements that made sense for a big studio, single modder can't do much.

I'd love to be proved wrong soon, though. I liked RAGE a lot. 128 hours according to Steam.

well, I'm skeptical due to all the things they've said about needing like 1 terabyte of memory to compile a megatexture...
You don't need that much RAM, but the tool maps as much as it can for efficiency.

Back