• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

[ice cubes] - R290x $609

Newegg is the absolute wrong place to buy video cards.

Amazon, Microcenter and everyone else is sticking to the suggested retail price. In other words, they've been honorable. Our Microcenter here in Kansas City got 16 R9 290's and 290x's a few mornings ago. The R9 290's were Diamond and Gigabyte I think and price $389.

These cards will not be in shortage very much longer.
 
Plus newegg will not give the Battlefield 4 code. I've been chatting with them trying to get the code it was supposed to come with and they're refusing to give me battlefield 4, saying it's "out of stock", yet they have a ton of codes they say they'll give you if you buy a card right now.
 
Plus newegg will not give the Battlefield 4 code. I've been chatting with them trying to get the code it was supposed to come with and they're refusing to give me battlefield 4, saying it's "out of stock", yet they have a ton of codes they say they'll give you if you buy a card right now.

Thats ridiculous and completely unacceptable.

You're saying if I am to buy this card (I dont really have interest, just theoretical), I will NOT get the advertised BF4 game?

These fcking assholes are going to take huge margins on the cards (Which I dont really think is an issue) but then they cant give people the game out of their own pockets? Theyre still making bank on this --AMD-- card demand.

Now I hope I'm wrong and that rant was undeserved.
 
Thats ridiculous and completely unacceptable.

You're saying if I am to buy this card (I dont really have interest, just theoretical), I will NOT get the advertised BF4 game?

These fcking assholes are going to take huge margins on the cards (Which I dont really think is an issue) but then they cant give people the game out of their own pockets? Theyre still making bank on this --AMD-- card demand.

Now I hope I'm wrong and that rant was undeserved.

It took me over an hour in chat but I finally got it. They kept telling me this was out of stock and they couldn't do anything until it came back. (It was the HIS brand they kept mentioning, and it showed out of stock)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16800994015

After mentioning a dozen times that the powercolor code was in stock and its the same thing they finally decided to send me it.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16800995185
 
There is a paper that comes with the video card, it has the code and a registration link to AMD's website. Its not NEWEGG that gives it to you, but the manufacturer.
 
Newegg is the absolute wrong place to buy video cards.

Amazon, Microcenter and everyone else is sticking to the suggested retail price. In other words, they've been honorable. Our Microcenter here in Kansas City got 16 R9 290's and 290x's a few mornings ago. The R9 290's were Diamond and Gigabyte I think and price $389.

These cards will not be in shortage very much longer.

Really? I should take a drive over there and take a gander. Never seems to show stock online.
 
I would say right NOW is a terrible time to buy any high end video card new from anywhere.

I don't have any bad newegg video card stories.... I bought an R9 290 from the egg (XFX) for 399 + 3% cashback on my credit card, came with BF4 which i sold off. This was slightly before the rush for mining hardware.

Just as recently as a week ago I bought a Powercolor 7970 (yes 7970) for $239 free shipping, no tax. Was surprised it shipped out and I received it, been mining away in my basket rig.
 
That's a confusing statement, "I would say right NOW is a terrible time to buy any high end video card new from anywhere."

If all you do is shop at newegg or ... other places that sell these new video cards WAY over suggested retail, honestly, you're inpatient and a bit silly in your own right. And that's fine, it's whatever. But, there are several places on the internet along with Microcenter that sale these at the correct price.

Maybe you don't have any bad newegg stories but that doesn't mean you should ignore the fact that newegg has been once again gouging it's customers on these new video cards.

Personally, when I can, I will use Amazon which in turns supports Hardocp. I very very rarely shop at newegg anymore. They simply do not have the best prices anymore.
 
Newegg is the absolute wrong place to buy video cards.

Amazon, Microcenter and everyone else is sticking to the suggested retail price. In other words, they've been honorable. Our Microcenter here in Kansas City got 16 R9 290's and 290x's a few mornings ago. The R9 290's were Diamond and Gigabyte I think and price $389.

These cards will not be in shortage very much longer.

You can either be able to buy the card, or wait and constantly and try to get the lower price before the stock goes out. Your choice. There's no problem here. Your idea of "honor" is dumb.
 
There is a paper that comes with the video card, it has the code and a registration link to AMD's website. Its not NEWEGG that gives it to you, but the manufacturer.

Not necessarily... I got two ASUS R9 270s with free BF4... I got the cards from CA via ontrac in one day. And the coupons are being shipped via UPS 2-day from NJ.
 
Saw an MSI 290x in the wild today at the Columbus OH Microcenter along with a display case full of 280x's. 290x was listed as a return/open box item for a mere $539. I checked on my phone while I was standing there and there was no mention of any R9 series being in stock on their website.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
How is this a hot deal? What is this doing here? I don't consider it a hot deal, and the demand from PC gamers isn't all that high. The demand from miners who don't play PC games at all, on the other hand, is causing the shortage of AMD cards.

I have no idea how a 609$ card priced above MSRP is considered a "hot" deal. An overclocked 780 (which is faster than the 290X when OC'ed) at 449$ with masterpass seems like the "hot" deal to me. I mean, a hot deal would be anything less than MSRP. Not this. Not 609$. Maybe that's a hot price for a miner who doesn't care about MSRP...
 

Amazon watches the market and other esellers, mainly newegg, and they will adjust prices. They are not honorable and they will gouge you.

Example: When Newegg was selling Titans at MSRP and almost always out of stock, Amazon had them at $100 or more over MSRP and these are ones that were sold by Amazon, not 3rd party.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top