Icahn Demands Dell Pay $16B Dividend To Avert Fight

HardOCP News

[H] News
It is stuff like this that made Dell want to go private in the first place. You'll remember Icahn pulled stunts like this with Yahoo, Marvel Comics, Time Warner, Motorola and Netflix, just to name a few.

Icahn, who has a reputation for demanding aggressive changes after amassing stakes in companies, argued in a letter to the company's board published on Thursday that Michael Dell's and Silver Lake's proposed $24.4 billion buyout short-changed shareholders, undervalued the company and benefited mainly the company co-founder himself.

I sincerely hope they tell this guy to go F himself. In those words. "We see no reason that the future value of Dell should not accrue to ALL shareholders"? How about you're being bought out! You don't get paid more for it because it might be worth more in the future.

That's like trying to buy a car and the guy is threatening to sue you, for the explicit reason that it will inconvenience and cost you greatly, because he says in 5 years it'll be worth double. Get lost ahole. When you sell something you get paid a fair value at the time you sell. End of story. Nobody owes you diddly. Take your money and invest it elsewhere. This guy is garbage.

/rant

So, basically, Dell wants to go private (possibly due to being tired of catering to investors at the expense of the company?). Investors don't want that because their money train goes away. So investors are actually suing Dell to prevent Dell from buying up their shares?

I sincerely hope they tell this guy to go F himself. In those words. "We see no reason that the future value of Dell should not accrue to ALL shareholders"? How about you're being bought out! You don't get paid more for it because it might be worth more in the future.

That's like trying to buy a car and the guy is threatening to sue you, for the explicit reason that it will inconvenience and cost you greatly, because he says in 5 years it'll be worth double. Get lost ahole. When you sell something you get paid a fair value at the time you sell. End of story. Nobody owes you diddly. Take your money and invest it elsewhere. This guy is garbage.

/rant

What he said.

This dude looks like Emperor Palpatine (and a total asshole).

Carl_Icahn.jpg

"Please take out a $5.25 BILLION loan to pay me more money (of which I will gladly loan you $3 billion) or I will tie you up in courts for years."

How is that not extortion?

lol, he's one of the inspirations for the Gordon Gecko character. Even the plot of the first film mirrored what Icahn did to TWA.

This guy needs to find something else to invest in then stocks. He is obviously not good at it.

Dell made the mistake of telling everyone in advance he would do this. He should had kept it as a secret up until closer to the buyout, so ill-intende opportunists like this guy wouldn't be able to do stuff like this.

Dell made the mistake of telling everyone in advance he would do this. He should had kept it as a secret up until closer to the buyout, so ill-intende opportunists like this guy wouldn't be able to do stuff like this.
That would be illegal. You must give investors and the public advanced notice prior to making such a move.

People need to counter sue, find anything, just counter sue stupid shit like this.

People need to counter sue, find anything, just counter sue stupid shit like this.

There isn't really anything anyone can do and he isn't the only one. Southeastern Asset Management wants Dell to buy back shares at a higher price (while raising their debt load) or sell the company in parts.

He does this all the time which I dont understand how is legal. Buys a huge stake then causes a shit storm in the media to raise the price on the market

Back