IC7MAX3 help...

macnmore

n00b
I tried rebuilding my computer last night and now I can't get it to boot. I have an 80GB drive that was plugged into SATA3, I have 2 1TB drives plugged into SATA 1 & SATA 2. Now when I try to reload my OS, it only detects what's in SATA 1 & 2 as drives I can install the OS to. I put the 80GB drive in Sata1 and loaded the OS and then put it back on SATA3 like it was, but it says no boot device. If I move the 1TB drives to SATA 4 & 5, it sits at the Press ctrl+S(F4) to configure RAID screen(I don't want anything on any RAID). I reset my BIOS to factory default and that didn't help. I now have the BIOS configured for Enhanced Mode with SATA 3 being master. What do I need to do to get this working again? Also, after resetting to factory defaults, when I put the 80GB OS drive back on SATA1, it just blue screens. I don't care where the drives are plugged in, as long as the 80GB is my OS drive, and I don't lose the data on the 2 1TB drives.

In the bios isn't there a hard drive priority box? you should just be able to set the 80GB drive as the #1 HDD priority and it will boot off of that drive. I'm not sure what it's called since I haven't had an IC7 around in a long time ;).

i had similiar problem on my socket 939 board. if you have done a fresh install dont you need to load the sata drivers that are on the floppy? my ic7g max2 has a floppy for the sata drivers.

I'm not sure what southbridge was on that chipset. If it's an Intel RAID, then you can use any ports, but if it's a 3rd party chip, you need to make sure your drives are plugged into the right ports.

Also it depends on what OS you are using. With a board that old, I would assume WinXP, and then you would need a floppy for SATA unless it has an IDE mode for the SATA ports, and I'm not sure if it did with that generation off the top of my head. Been a long time since the 875P days ;). ICH5 maybe?

Back