• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

IC7MAX3 help...

macnmore

n00b
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
34
I tried rebuilding my computer last night and now I can't get it to boot. I have an 80GB drive that was plugged into SATA3, I have 2 1TB drives plugged into SATA 1 & SATA 2. Now when I try to reload my OS, it only detects what's in SATA 1 & 2 as drives I can install the OS to. I put the 80GB drive in Sata1 and loaded the OS and then put it back on SATA3 like it was, but it says no boot device. If I move the 1TB drives to SATA 4 & 5, it sits at the Press ctrl+S(F4) to configure RAID screen(I don't want anything on any RAID). I reset my BIOS to factory default and that didn't help. I now have the BIOS configured for Enhanced Mode with SATA 3 being master. What do I need to do to get this working again? Also, after resetting to factory defaults, when I put the 80GB OS drive back on SATA1, it just blue screens. I don't care where the drives are plugged in, as long as the 80GB is my OS drive, and I don't lose the data on the 2 1TB drives.
 
In the bios isn't there a hard drive priority box? you should just be able to set the 80GB drive as the #1 HDD priority and it will boot off of that drive. I'm not sure what it's called since I haven't had an IC7 around in a long time ;).
 
i had similiar problem on my socket 939 board. if you have done a fresh install dont you need to load the sata drivers that are on the floppy? my ic7g max2 has a floppy for the sata drivers.
 
I'm not sure what southbridge was on that chipset. If it's an Intel RAID, then you can use any ports, but if it's a 3rd party chip, you need to make sure your drives are plugged into the right ports.

Also it depends on what OS you are using. With a board that old, I would assume WinXP, and then you would need a floppy for SATA unless it has an IDE mode for the SATA ports, and I'm not sure if it did with that generation off the top of my head. Been a long time since the 875P days ;). ICH5 maybe?
 
Back
Top