• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

i7 Power Supplies

Well, it's not a particularly good PSU, but a typical system will run fine on it. However, without knowing the rest of your specs, it's impossible to judge whether or not you'll be okay. Just saying you have an i7 setup is not specific enough.
 
I was wondering because when I was looking at new power supplies they all say 'i7 compatible' so I didn't know if that was marketing fluff or not.

I don't have everything spec'd out, i'm in the process of seeing what I need to upgrade/replace. Basic stats would be i7 with 6gb ram and i have 2x 1tb samsung drives and i'm looking at a radeon hd5850.

It's all in a lian-li with a fan controller and 2x 80mm and 2x 120mm just as general power use.

I've had and used the power supply since 2007 at this point, and I do not overclock.
 
I was wondering because when I was looking at new power supplies they all say 'i7 compatible' so I didn't know if that was marketing fluff or not.

I don't have everything spec'd out, i'm in the process of seeing what I need to upgrade/replace. Basic stats would be i7 with 6gb ram and i have 2x 1tb samsung drives and i'm looking at a radeon hd5850.

It's all in a lian-li with a fan controller and 2x 80mm and 2x 120mm just as general power use.

I've had and used the power supply since 2007 at this point, and I do not overclock.
That i7 compatible is marketing bullshit.

Just don't ever OC and that PSU should be enough for that setup despite being one of the troublesome FSP Epsilon designs.
 
Go for the best so as not to worry about what you upgrade later, specially the video card
 
Back
Top