• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

i7 Cores in Windows xp64

chicane

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 4, 2003
Messages
104
I have installed windows xp64 twice and and the drivers but after that is all said and done windows thinks I have 8 cores. Usually I'm not a slouch at these things, but where do I start?

2nq4cn.jpg
 
what exactly is the problem? that's exactly how many should show up there with an i7
 
Sorry guys.

This is why I am always too shy to make threads. Cause when I do, it's useless.
:eek::mad:
 
I have installed windows xp64 twice and and the drivers but after that is all said and done windows thinks I have 8 cores. Usually I'm not a slouch at these things, but where do I start?

2nq4cn.jpg

More power to you! Don't panic...enjoy it instead. :D
 
Sorry guys.

This is why I am always too shy to make threads. Cause when I do, it's useless.
:eek::mad:

Don't be shy... That's why this site exists. As long as you aren't a jack-ass while asking and insulting people, or being blatantly stubborn and not doing research (when given a link), no one minds if you're not "in the know".
 
...If the driver support didn't suck

It's actually not that bad anymore....I have an XP-64 box running that I just use for testing stuff sometimes when I don't want to break my main rig..:)

I usually find drivers unless its a really old piece of hardware.
 
Everything is instant on Win Server 2003 64bit on Q6600, so I assume it's the same for i7 :p
 
this is priceless. you joined this forum for 6.1 years and only posted 32 times. :)
 
I agree. I did not know HT shows two proc's per core.. thus your thread helped me learn something new .. TY
i7 shows 8 cores in the Task Manager. Even the old p4 that first brought in HT showed 2 cpu's. That second core used to max out quite a bit. HT rocked when it came out.
 
Back
Top