i7 Cores in Windows xp64

chicane

Weaksauce
I have installed windows xp64 twice and and the drivers but after that is all said and done windows thinks I have 8 cores. Usually I'm not a slouch at these things, but where do I start?

2nq4cn.jpg

what exactly is the problem? that's exactly how many should show up there with an i7

Sorry guys.

This is why I am always too shy to make threads. Cause when I do, it's useless.
:eek::mad:

I have installed windows xp64 twice and and the drivers but after that is all said and done windows thinks I have 8 cores. Usually I'm not a slouch at these things, but where do I start?

2nq4cn.jpg

More power to you! Don't panic...enjoy it instead. :D

Sorry guys.

This is why I am always too shy to make threads. Cause when I do, it's useless.
:eek::mad:

Don't be shy... That's why this site exists. As long as you aren't a jack-ass while asking and insulting people, or being blatantly stubborn and not doing research (when given a link), no one minds if you're not "in the know".

...If the driver support didn't suck

It's actually not that bad anymore....I have an XP-64 box running that I just use for testing stuff sometimes when I don't want to break my main rig..:)

I usually find drivers unless its a really old piece of hardware.

Everything is instant on Win Server 2003 64bit on Q6600, so I assume it's the same for i7 :p

this is priceless. you joined this forum for 6.1 years and only posted 32 times. :)

I agree. I did not know HT shows two proc's per core.. thus your thread helped me learn something new .. TY
i7 shows 8 cores in the Task Manager. Even the old p4 that first brought in HT showed 2 cpu's. That second core used to max out quite a bit. HT rocked when it came out.

Back