• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

i7 990x core load temps too high?

s1ngular

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 28, 2003
Messages
132
Ran the latest Cinebench 11.5 several times and I got high as 80c/90c+.

Hopefully I didn't do any damage?

 
Last edited:
No way any damage was done at those voltages.
You know that #Prochot log isn't even triggered until 95C.
And emergency lockup (cpu level shutdown of cpu clock) is somewhere between 110c-125c.
 
granted im watercooling but im running @ 4.672 with 1.46 volts and ive never seen anything over 71c,,, i know it dont help you much but i honestly think those temps are alittle high especially for that voltage .. try reseating your hsf, i would be honestly scared of those temps and by the way that 71 is after a 8 min Pov-Ray Render with all cores being used on the beta version..
 
granted im watercooling but im running @ 4.672 with 1.46 volts and ive never seen anything over 71c,,, i know it dont help you much but i honestly think those temps are alittle high especially for that voltage .. try reseating your hsf, i would be honestly scared of those temps and by the way that 71 is after a 8 min Pov-Ray Render with all cores being used on the beta version..

I forgot to mention that I just installed that cpu the same day I ran that test. Maybe the Artic Silver 5 needs some time to settle in?
 
I forgot to mention that I just installed that cpu the same day I ran that test. Maybe the Artic Silver 5 needs some time to settle in?

silver 5 needs 200 hrs burn in...
most modern thermal paste/ grease don't and will get you much cooler than that without the burnin time...
 
silver 5 needs 200 hrs burn in...
most modern thermal paste/ grease don't and will get you much cooler than that without the burnin time...

I ran the test again and got lower temps this time 77c/85c. I think I need to let the AS5 burn in more.

Thanks guys.
 
lol it looks good, is it air brushed? i like the stock look of it mine looks very good on my desk, but im removing that center bracket for the fans so i can custom make one for my 240 rad.
 
Back
Top