• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

i7 980x overclocking thread

Mike211

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
1,254
User Name: Mike211
CPU: i7 980x
FPO/Batch #: 3003A957
Store: Microcenter - Marietta, GA
Purchased In: March 16th 2010

OC: 4200mhz
Stability: 8hrs 22mins Prime95
Temp mid (Idle / Load): 32C / 76C
Hyper Threading / Turbo Boost / Multiplier: Yes / Yes / 21x)
Stepping: 2
Revision: B1
Vcore/Core Voltage: 1.31vcore
Cooling: Air
Cooler brand/model: Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme

Motherboard: Asus Rampage II Extreme
Bios Version: 1802
Operating System: Win7 x64

RAM brand & type: Corsair Dominator 6GB (3 x 2GB)
RAM Part #: TR3X6G1600C8D
RAM rated speed: 1600
RAM actual speed: 1603
RAM Latency: 8-8-8-24 2T
RAM Voltage: 1.65v


i7980xoc.png
 
Nice little OC there. I soooo want one of those. However, I refuse to pay that much for a CPU.
 
User Name: Tarheel112
CPU: i7 980x
FPO/Batch #:
Store: Newegg.com
Purchased In: May 16th 2010

OC: 4239.5MHZ
Stability:10hrs Prime 85
Temp mid (Idle / Load): 28C / 78C
Hyper Threading / Turbo Boost / Multiplier: Yes / no / 27x)
Stepping: 2
Revision: B1
Vcore/Core Voltage: 1.312vcore
Cooling: Air
Cooler brand/model: Prolimatech Megahalems
Motherboard: Gigabyte x58a-ud5
Bios Version: f5
Operating System: Win7 x64

RAM brand & type: OCZ ddr3 platinum
RAM Part #: OCZ3P1600LV2G
RAM rated speed: 1600
RAM actual speed: 1570.2
RAM Latency: 7-7-7-24 1T
RAM Voltage: 1.64v
 
User Name: -Dragon-
CPU: i7 980x
FPO/Batch #:
Store: Amazon
Purchased In: April 15th 2010

OC: 4.0GHz
Stability:12hrs+ Prime 95
Temp mid (Idle / Load): 38C / 85C
Hyper Threading / Turbo Boost / Multiplier: Yes / no / 30x)
Stepping: 2
Revision: B1
Vcore/Core Voltage: 1.3vcore
Cooling: Air
Cooler brand/model: Thermalright VenomX
Motherboard: Asus P6T7
Bios Version: 605
Operating System: Win7 x64

RAM brand & type: 12GB G.Skill ECO
RAM Part #: F3-12800CL7Q
RAM rated speed: 1600
RAM actual speed: 1600
RAM Latency: 7-8-7-24 2T
RAM Voltage: 1.5v (Motherboard won't go lower, it's rated at 1.35V @ these speeds/CAS)

Not sure how you other guys do P95 testing but I click the small then custom button and set both boxes at the bottom to 8, seems to give me the highest possible temperatures. I honestly haven't tried higher than 4GHz seriously yet, I set out to get a 6 core rock solid stable @ 4.0 and I got it so for now I'm leaving well enough alone (I probably didn't even need the voltage bump but for now it's gonna stay).
 
Back
Top