• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

I7 950 vs I5 2500K

Special-K

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 28, 2010
Messages
119
Compared to I7-950. is I5 2500K better? I havent seen benchmark with those 2. what do you guys think?
 
I have...

http://techreport.com/articles.x/20188/14

For a gamer the 2500K would be better, for a cruncher/productivity the question is murkier and close to a wash (except single-threaded perf is better by a lot still), though a 2600K would be better by a nice margin. The single-threaded performance of the Sandy Bridge cpu's is significantly better than the previous i7 series, and they do OC higher.
 
normally I would say it all comes down to price since both will give similar performance unless you do really have number crunching or game at crazy low res but from what I can see sandy bridge is really the more cost efficent solution and the better perfromer.
 
Back
Top