i7 920 temp

Bigbacon

Fully [H]
Is 130F bad for one of these cpus?

edit:

I have seen some other programs listed to test the temps of your rig but the names escape me. I am currently using the Asus Probe that came with the motherboard but was told it is not the best out there.

well I idle at about 40C (104F) but when torture testing it, I've seen my 920 go up to 100C.

Depends on if thats idle or load. I have a similiar setup(none overclock), and idle with my cpu heatsink(zalman 9700) on lowest setting, idling its currently 40c(104f). Whats your case situation with intake and exhaust. I have a cm stacker 830 loaded with fans, and im about 2 add 2 intake fans on the bottom for the gpu. hows your cable management.

Hey guys I also got a similar question. I had some crazy loud delta fans keeping my 3.8 @ 1.35V around 39-40c idle.

However after a few days I couldn't take the noise anymore so switched over to some noctua fans that came with my nocuta cooler. I can barely hear it now and I am idling at 45c. Is that going to be a problem over the long term?

Hey guys I also got a similar question. I had some crazy loud delta fans keeping my 3.8 @ 1.35V around 39-40c idle.

However after a few days I couldn't take the noise anymore so switched over to some noctua fans that came with my nocuta cooler. I can barely hear it now and I am idling at 45c. Is that going to be a problem over the long term?

Seems OK to me. According to the TDS those temps are on the low end of the thermal profile. For reference, I'm using a thermalright cooler with nexus fan and my idle temps are around 38c.

Back